House at Clauchlands Point, near Lamlash, Isle of Arran, Strathclyde, Scotland - Peaceful Location On Headland Of Clauchlands Point, One Mile From Lamlash Village
After 9 years owning the original "island View" we built this classic Scottish house (2009) to maximise the views over Lamlash Bay, therefore most rooms are front facing. It has a large deck for dining, reading and entertaining. The dining Hall has Bi-fold doors opening onto the Deck. Great bay windowed lounge with window seats and open fire. Large open plan kitchen and separate utility room. 5 bedrooms (3 en-suite doubles) and 5 bathroom/shower rooms, and TV snug for the kids!! in total its 3000 sq ft. Finished with a Beach House look, most of the furnishings came from "Masion Riviera" in Holland; while adding Art from contemporary Scottish painters such as, James Fullerton, Iain Elliot, James Orr, Pat Kramik, and Laura Beveridge. Every modern convenience has been added, including a wine fridge! The water is at the front gate for sailors, windsurfers, kite surfers, water skiers and anglers, Golfers have 7 courses to choose from or watch the resident family of seals, otters and birds.
About the Owner
Colin Whitelaw is a Chartered Surveyor and his wife Julie, a Chartered Accountant. They live in Glasgow and have 4 Children.
From the Owner
“Colin and Julie bought the original "Island View" in 1999 having had many great family holidays in Lamlash over the previous 15 years. With a growing family of four children we needed a larger house & having search Arran for two years decided that we had one of the best sites on Arran! Having had our "second home" for 10 years, we like to think we got the design right, certainly most of our guests agree. As our 2nd home, it was finished it to highest standard, not for rental. 2013 is the 1st year its been offered to rent; hopefully discerning guests will appreciate all that it has to offer. We never tire of looking out over Lamlash Bay, & never tire of being out on the water. Whether its skiing with the kids, or Lobster fishing. Oh, & it "never" rains on Arran & shorts are obligatory!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Arran is known as "Scotland in Miniture". About 60% of visitors come to walk the many hills and paths. There's a path that circumnavigates the entire Island, some 54 miles!! We have walking books. The National Trust of Scotland have a wonderful Castle and Gardens at Brodick, just as it was when left to the Trust in 1957. Daily tours through the summer.
Various companies offer RIB Tours. Ferry to Holy Isle is a great day out/walk.
Highland Games and The Arran Farmers Show are highlights of the summer.
There's a brewery, a Distillery, a Museum, Arran Aromatics visitor centre, Arran Cheese shop and the Holy Isle, where Buddhist Monks will welcome visitors.
Small hard sand beach 100m. Soft sandy beaches in Village 1 mile, however best beach outings are at Sannox, Blackwaterfoot or Kilmory. All about 20 mins drive.
Brodick Pier is 3 miles by road and then 55 minutes journey by ferry to Ardrossan. Ardrossan to Prestwick Airport is approx 20 mins. Glasgow Airport 50 mins.
Ardrossan Harbour train station to Glasgow Central 75 mins, trains connect with Ferrys.
Lamlash village 1 mile. Restaurants, pubs, small Co-op, newsagents, pharmacy, cafes, chandalers and Arran's Hospital.
Arran Yacht Club with Slip and Holy Isle ferry. Pier jumping optional, wet suits required!
Brodick is the main town on Arran, some 3 miles away, many more shops, a supermarket, restaurants, banks, hotels and activity are there.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Dec 2016 - 27 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% Deposit required at time of booking. The balance and the good housekeeping Deposit due 4weeks prior to comencement. dogs are £30 each per week, maximum 2. Fuel charged at £7.50 per day october to April inclusive. winter rates don't include cleaning.
Change overs are Fridays. Ferry's are cheaper and there's also a late night ferry onto Arran on a Friday; which many who travel long distances find useful. Ferry Booking is strongly recommended.
Vacate by 10am, arrive after 4.30pm.
Notes on prices:
15% discount for 2nd week. E mail for a deal on long term requirements.
E mail for "Last Minute Deals"
Friends and Family discounts.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Island View is the 5th last house along the shore road of Clauchlands Point. There's 3 fabulous walks in the countryside and onto the hill behind in 2 minutes. Its a cul-de-sac, so relatively quite. There's a farm nearby. Peace and quite; watch the stars at night. However, you can walk to the village for the papers and coffee. As a base, its well positioned to get to the rest of Arran, which has so much to offer. A Brewery, Distillery, Castle, Arran's own Museum, trekking, Golf, Tennis, pubs and great restaurants(guides provided). its only 55 minutes on the Ferry, but a world away from frantic urban life! the minute your on the ferry, your holiday begins.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Master en suite has over sized bath, WC, walk in "drenching" shower and WHB. Double 2&3 have "p" shaped baths with showers, WHB and WC. Family shower room has walk in "drenching" shower, WC & WHB. Shower room off utility room has WC & WHB.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (3 en-suite doubles, a twin & bunkroom) Notes on bedrooms: Master with balcony, superking sized bed, dressing area, en-suite with bath and walk-in shower. Two doubles (both front facing) with king beds and en-suites. Large Twin front facing bedroom. Bunk room to rear with 2 sets of full adult sized bunk beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Island View is situated in 0.33 acres, mostly lawns with "palm trees". split level decks for dining/entertaining and sunbathing. 2 steamer chairs, 4 deck chairs and teak table and 8 chairs for dining. Gas Barbecue. 2 kayaks and life jackets. ample parking for 4 cars. Utility Room: Belfast sink, auto washing machine and tumble dryer. Room for dogs. Drying room. Stone floor. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels provided, bring beach towels. All linen provided. Linen changed if 2 weeks booked as well as bathrooms cleaned. Other: Limed oak flooring through the ground floor. Utility room has stone floor. All bedrooms and TV snug are carpeted.