The Water Tower, Auchmithie, Nr. Arbroath, Scotland - Unique Accommodation With Stunning Sea Views In A Rural Location
Unique, converted water tower really needs to be seen to be believed- Modern conversion of a water tower set in its own grounds, furnished to a high standard throughout. Large, spacious, unique property, spectacular sea views, quiet rural location. Accommodation comprises 3 bedrooms, 2 in the tower itself and large bedroom in ground floor with patio doors opening out to decked area and garden. Double bedroom is in top of tower with patio doors and balcony. Spacious living area perfect for large group or family gatherings with wood burning stove and patio doors opening onto decked area and garden. Modern well equipped kitchen. Good utility space.2 bathrooms, main bathroom with drench shower and ceramic tiling. Grounds enclosed and large. Parking for 3 cars.
About the Owner
About Audrey Martin
A local landmark the Water Tower originally served local farms and steadings. We lovingly converted it into a family home in 2009 and have enjoyed many happy holidays here , large gatherings , celebrations and recently christmas with all the family.
Activity and Interests
Auchmithie beach 5 minutes by car, 20 minutes picturesque walk on track from water tower. Lunan bay 5 miles.
Dundee airport 20 miles away, Arbroath 4 miles with train & bus links. Car necessary.
Auchmithie 2 miles, Arbroath 4 miles, Lunan bay 5 miles, Montrose 8 miles, Angus Glens 15 miles, Carnoustie 12 miles, Dundee 20 miles, St Andrews 40miles.
Beautiful beaches at Lunan Bay and Auchmithie with Angus Glens a short drive away. Clifftop coastal walks between Arbroath and Auchmithie. Arbroath itself is home to Arbroath Abbey with the famous declaration of Arbroath, Arbroath Harbour with fishing and boat tours and the Signal Tower Museum with its history of Arbroath lighthouse keepers. Near historic Montrose, RSPB Montrose Basin and NTS House of Dun. The Water Tower is on the national cycle route 1.
- Booking Notes:
£200 deposit payable at time of booking (non refundable) and balance due within one calendar month
Changeover day is Friday. Arrival at Water Tower no earlier than 3pm on a Friday and please vacate by 10am in order to allow for cleaning.
Notes on prices:
Weekend rates available on request
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Modern fittings throughout. Bathroom 1 with toilet, walk in drench shower. Bathroom 2 with toilet, sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6-8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed plus small sofa bed and seating area, Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds (can covert into twin bed), Bedroom 3 with double bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation comprises 3 bedrooms, 2 in the tower itself and large bedroom in ground floor new build with patio doors opening out to decked area and garden. This bedroom is very large with king bed, sofa bed and separate seating area so perfect for families. Double bedroom is in top of tower with patio doors and balcony. Spacious living area perfect for large group or family gatherings with wood burning stove and patio doors opening onto decked area and garden. Modern well equipped kitchen. Good utility space.2 bathrooms, main bathroom with drench shower and ceramic tiling. Grounds enclosed and large. Parking for 3 cars. Outside: Gated, enclosed garden, large parking area, 2 decking areas, patio, 2 sun loungers, flat lawn, child's swing, paved path and gravel around property, external and security lights. Utility Room: Spacious, ground floor room in tower with lino floor perfect for storage of bikes, walking/golf equipment. Storage cupboard with hoover, ironing board, dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens provided. Property professionally cleaned. Linen changed at handover Other: 2 halls with storage