Bijou cottages in vibrant city centre close to shops and bars and stones throw from the Seafront
Steeped in heritage, the two cottages are reputedly the oldest houses in Brighton, dating back to 1565! However they have been lavishly updated and decorated with oodles of designer flair and character, giving them all the wow factor of a Boutique hotel but with the exclusivity of a private home. Decked out with the latest technology, including wi-fi, HD TV, surround sound and ipod-docks, everything has been done to a high standard including the interior design, which is unique and quirky- making these boutique holiday homes a truly memorable place to stay.
Details for holiday cottage The Birdcage Sleep 8 (3 Bedrooms), 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, 1 Bathroom, 1 Separate WC
Unique boutique cottage in the heart of the South lanes, a stones throw from the beach and Brightons best bars and restaurants. The Birdcage has 3 double bedrooms and a sofa bed in the living room to accommodate up to 8 guests.
About the Owner
With my husband Tom we live and work in Brighton. I am an interior designer and Tom owns a Building business and so renovating and designing property is our passion. We also love staying in special unique places ourselves so if you like unique special places to stay then I hope you'll like what we've done with our little cottages.
From the Owner
“We particularly loved doing up these two cottages, situated in the best part of Brighton for night life or moseying around the city's boutique shops and cafes. And of course there's the sea and the cottages are a mere stone throw from the beach front bars and The pier. We like to design properties that offer people an individual experience and make your holiday feel that little bit extra special. We think Brighton is a wonderful, vibrant, fun and creative city and a great place for a fabulous weekend. We've tried to represent this unique quality that Brighton has to offer in our interior designs”
Activity and Interests
The seafront is leas than 200 meters from the property. The properties central location is very close to Brighton Pier, The Pavilion, Churchill Square, The Dome, and West St.
Gatwick Airport is 30 minutes train ride or 40 minutes drive.
It's a 10 minute walk or a £5 short cab ride from Brighton Station
There is no parking space with the property. The adjacent Black Lion Street has secure underground parking. Cost: £25 for 24 hours.
The cottages are right in the heart of the city close to bars and restaurants. We suggest that the cottages are best suited to those seeking a vibrant city break. The lanes around the house can be noisy at night with revellers. We provide earplugs for light sleepers.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Book two nights and get the third night for free. Price reductions apply for stays longer than 2 nights, so request a quote
We require 30% of the booking fee to secure your dates. The remaining amount plus the refundable £300 security deposit is payable 28 days prior to your stay. The refundable security deposit is returned within 7 days of vacating.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottages are in the heart of the city, on the door stop you have immediate access to the shops, bars, restaurants and sea front attractions. Due the city central location it can become noisy at weekends and there is no free parking with the property”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- near the sea
- live theatre
- gambling casinos
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom consists of two open plan wet room showers, basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, The single beds can be zipped togther to make a kingsize
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Single beds can be zipped to make a kingsize
- Terrace ...
- Notes on accommodation: Each cottage has 3 bedrooms with beds that can be configured as doubles or twin. There is one bathroom with twin showers. Double sofa bed in the living room can be added to the rental at a cost of £75. There is a small micro kitchen fully equipped with microwave oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge. There is no dining table in the property but with the best restaurants on your doorstop you won't want to stay in and cook. However the kitchen is fully equipped to prepare light meals or lap top dinners. There is a small covered terrace at the rear of the property- which means the two cottages can be connected privately through the rear back doors. Outside: There is a narrow covered terrace area at the back of the cottages which means the two properties can be accessed privately between the back doors. There is no outside seating. The Trinket box has an additional outside WC.