Cottage in Le Vert, located on the edge of the Charente Maritime region. Poitou-Charentes, France - Peaceful Village Location, Just A Short Stroll From The River Boutonne, Great For Kayaking
Situated in the centre of a small village is our pretty cottage with in-ground covered pool. Only a few minutes from Chize and surrounding villages with an excellent range of local amenities. Ideal for a relaxing family holiday within easy drive to the beaches around La Rochelle. The river Boutonne runs round the edge of the village, just a short stroll from the cottage where you can fish and kayak on the river. The garden is completely enclosed with a lovely in-ground covered pool and two terraces for al fresco dining.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a fabulous two weeks in this comfortable gite, in the hot weather the pool offered hours of fun with the water as warm as bath water.
We had a fantastic two weeks ! Cottage and pool have been great .
A very enjoyable and relaxing week. We thought the house was one of the best we had stayed in in France. The pool cover ensured the swimming pool was a very welcoming temperature.
1 holidaymaker review
We had a wonderful family holiday in this well equipped Gite. The village is very peaceful with a short walk to the river. The boulangerie was only a short drive away. We enjoyed exploring the surrounding area and the coast to visit La Rochelle. However we and our 2 young children were just as happy to play in the fabulous pool. Thank you for a stress free holiday!
Activity and Interests
The beaches at La Rochelle and south of there are within 1 hours drive away.
The islands of Ile de Re and Ile de Oleron are within easy reach by car for a great day out.
Airport La Rochelle : 80km
Railway Niort : 35km
Ferry St Malo : 380km
Car is essential.
Chize and Dampierre sur Boutonne are the nearest villages to Le Vert with local shops and amenities. Both less than 3 miles away.
Chef Boutonne is a small town with a local market and is 30 minutes away by car. Aulnay is the nearest small town with shops and market, 8 miles from Le Vert.
St Jean d'Angely is a pleasant 20 minute drive away,with some good shops, markets, restaurants and cafes. There is an in-door leisure complex and a boating lake.
Dampierre has a grocery shop at the campsite where you can also hire bikes.
Also small restaurant in the village , open lunchtimes and Friday , Saturday evenings , times may vary .
Chize has a boulangerie , also delivers to Le Vert every morning about 9ish , beeps the van horn when going through the village.
Aulnay has local shops , including bank , cafés, bars . Market every Sunday morning , where people meet to chat and have a coffee.
Intermarche just outside Aulnay .
St Jean D'Angely has larger supermarkets , shops , cafés , bars and lots of nice restaurants.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A 25% deposit will secure the booking
Final payment due 8 weeks before holiday dates
A refundable security deposit of £150 will also be due with final payment.
Changeover day is Sunday
Arrival time after 5pm - unless arrangements made to arrive earlier.
Departure time - 10am - to allow the cottage to be cleaned and prepared for the next guests.
Payment either by bank transfer or cheque.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor shower room with wash basin and toilet Shower room with wash basin on first floor Separate toilet on first floor
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with double bed and cot bedroom 3 with double bed and 2 singles
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- 2 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: No smoking in the property Pets will be considered with a responsible owner Arrival and Departure day is Sunday Outside: Double gates lead into the front garden with lawn, flower borders and large gravelled parking area. The rear garden comprises of two terraces, a section of garden with in-ground swimming pool and lawn, a second area with fruit trees and lawn. There is garden furniture for al fresco dining and shade from the summer sun. Utility Room: iron and ironing board clothes airer Bed linen provided, please supply your own towels for personal use and the pool/beach . Cottage will be cleaned before you arrive and on departure. Please bring your own beach/swimming towels. House keeper will visit mid week to clean the pool. Other: There is a separate dining room with a solid oak table and seating for 6 people with a wood burner and stairs to the first floor. A small conservatory leads off the kitchen, great for family breakfast over looking the gardens