House in Laas, Nr. Navarrenx, Pyrenees Atlantiques, Aquitaine, France - Peacefully Located, on The Edge of A Delightful Village. 1 Hour from the Pyrenees and the Coast
The house is an old stone building. The renovation has kept the atmosphere but incorporated modern conveniences. It is on the edge of the small, old stone village of Laas in a peaceful location. There are 2 superb living rooms opening out on to a large terrace with garden furniture and a plane tree for shade, a swimming pool, and outside table tennis table. There is an informal camp fire area at the end of the garden. Relaxing in the house and garden, local walks in the wooded hills, cycling and exploring the local river, the Gave d' Oloron where rafting and kayaking are available in season, and the village restaurant are all close at hand. Ten or 15 minutes away are local stone towns. Further to the south, the Pyrenees for walking and skiing are about an hour. The coast is about an hour and a quarter to the west for the great beaches, dunes and surfing of the southern Landes or to visit the wonderful adjacent towns of Biarritz, Bayonne and St. Jean de Luz.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This is our first season of letting, although we have letting experience elsewhere. We look forward to visitors enjoying our beautiful second home. Friends who have stayed to date have been very impressed.
Activity and Interests
The coastal towns of Biarritz, St Jean de Luz, and Bayonne are about 1 hour 15 minutes by car. They are all splendid in very different ways. The first two have beaches, while Bayonne has a castle and cathedral.
The beaches and dunes of the Southern Landes with world class surfing are about 1 hour 15mins drive away.
By air to Pau, (50mins), Biarritz (75 mins), Tarbes(70mins).
TGV trains stop at Orthez from Paris. 20 mins by car.
The ferry ports of Northern Spain such as Bilbao are a pleasant drive away.
Use of a car is recommended.
Navarrenx and Sauveterre de Bearn, both delightful old towns beside the Gave d'Oloron, are 15 mins drive.
Salies de Bearn,a picturesque spa town, 25 mins drive.
Pau, with chateau,golf, and splendid views of the Pyrenees, 50 mins drive. Pau also hosts an old car rally and an equestrian three day event each year.
The old towns of Oloron and Orthez are each 25 mins away.
Bike hire, rafting and kayaking can all be arranged in Navarrenx or Sauveterre in season.
Good restaurants a short walk from the house in Laas at the Auberge de la Fontaine, and a 5 minute drive away at Chez Claverie in Audaux or in Navarrenx.
Salmon and trout fishing are available in season on the Gaves and other rivers.
Tennis Courts in Navarrenx.
Hot air ballooning is sometimes available in Audaux.
Chateau Laas, in the village with riverside walks.
The Bearn is an unspoilt rural area. Although warm in summer, the landscape is green. It is wonderfully peaceful and yet is ideally placed with access to the coast in one direction and to the high Pyrenees in the other. It is perfect cycling country, gentle near the house or mountain cycling in the Pyrenees.
Walking ranges from gentle rural paths close to the house to mountain long distance paths in the Pyrenees.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Oct 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Changeover day is Sunday.
Please call or e mail to make a booking.
Half the rental amount to be paid up front to confirm the booking and as a non refundable deposit.
The balance is due a minimum of 6 weeks before your stay, together with a security deposit of £500 which is refunded at the end of your stay, provided there are no problems.
The house has new, pale furnishings and is not suitable for smoking or for pets. Children should be part of a balanced group.
Arrival after 3.00pm departure before 10.00 am.
Other changeover dates might be able to be considered on request.
Notes on prices:
Short breaks can sometimes be accommodated, subject to a £1000 min.
No rentals at Christmas and New Year.
50% of cost of the holiday paid in advance to secure the booking and then the balance due 6 weeks before the start of the stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- winery tours
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bathrooms to 2 bedrooms have bath, basin, shower and WC. Ensuites to the remaining 2 bedrooms have basin, WC and shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 bedrooms with king sized doubles or twin beds. 1 bedroom with queen sized double. 1 double sofa bed on landing/sitting area Each bedroom has a fitted wardrobe
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is spacious, with a total of about 290 square metres of habitable space. The house has been tastefully furnished in light colours. Children are welcome if they are in the context of a well balanced group. TVs in each living room with English and French channels. The English channels are via satellite and a free box but there is no paid satellite connection like Sky. Free internet connection. Underfloor central heating downstairs. Very high specification insulation to help keep cool in summer and warm in winter. Outside: The living rooms open onto a large terrace with a plane tree and pool house for shade. Heated swimming pool 10mx5m, (additional cost for heating) with roller safety cover. Pool room for changing with WC/basin. Extensive outdoor furniture,including loungers, benches and tables with seating for 12. Informal camp fire area at the end of the garden. Utility Room: Large fridge, freezer, washing machine, overhead drying rack, boiler, sink and storage shelves. Iron and ironing board provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed Linen and bathroom towels supplied. Cleaning at the end of each stay. Linen changed at the end of each stay. Other: Spacious entrance hall with mirror, table, hanging area and arm chair. Downstairs WC Landing /sitting area with double sofa bed.