Cottage in Norleywood, New Forest, Hampshire, England - Dog Friendly Cottage In Tranquil Setting Of The New Forest And Close To The Sea
Keepings is a charming thatched cob cottage of around 350 years old that sides onto a quiet lane often with ponies and donkeys walking past in an area of outstanding natural beauty. It is a generously sized one bedroom cottage, downstairs comprises a entrance porchway/boot room, full sized kitchen, breakfast/dining room, lounge with original inglenook fireplace, utility room and bathroom with walk in shower. Extra sleeping is accommodated on a double sofa bed in the lounge. Upstairs is a double bedroom and en suite bathroom with a full sized bath.
Outside is a private fenced in garden with furniture & bbq. There is a separate off road parking area for one car, although some guests have squeezed in two cars.
Keepings is located 3 miles from Lymington and 3 miles from Beaulieu and around 12 miles from Southampton and Bournemouth. There is no shop in Norleywood but we have a wonderful shop in the next village that sells just about everything and it is a beautiful walk or drive. Pubs galore, our nearest a 15 minute walk across a footpath and dog friendly of course. For a change of scenery why not go foot passenger to the Isle of Wight - ferry just 2 miles away.
Top Traveller Review
Excellent in all respects
About the Owner
Our names are Helen & Peter and we live here with our dog Lill and cat Monty plus 4 chickens.
5 based on 32 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent in all respects
Excellent cottage, beautiful location, lovely owners. We stayed here with our 3 dogs and were very impressed with the accommodation. The owners live next door and were so welcoming that we felt as if we were staying with old friends! I would thoroughly recommend this cottage.
A beautiful little find in a perfect and quiet location. Ideal for relaxing and meeting the 4 legged locals that come to the gate - just lovely!
The warmest of welcomes
We have stayed in many rental cottages but never received such a warm welcome. The basket of goodies and bottle of wine was a lovely touch and Helen was so helpful in her advice on walks, pubs etc.
The cottage was very picturesque,scrupulously clean and very comfortable. The thick walls and small windows made us think It would benefit from brighter lights for reading.
We loved the peace and tranquility, and the free roaming ponies and donkeys. We would most certainly recommend Keepings Cottage to anyone planning a stay in the New Forest
Jenny, Bill, Irene and Ruby the dog
Beautiful, relaxing, restful, comfortable cottage
We had the most wonderful 2 weeks here, we walked and walked, eat read books and did not put the TV on the whole time we were there.
Thank you Helen for helping to make our stay so enjoyable. The cottage is very well equipped with one of the most comfortable holiday cottage beds I have slept in for a long time.
Monte says thanks too
Excellent accommodation, well equipped, even down to the heated towel rail, which was much appreciated. Surroundings were perfect and the weather was good. Definitely recommend, especially to people who enjoy the countryside, sea and good food in local pubs restaurants.
A beautiful cottage in magnificent countryside.
We chose Keepings because whilst it is set in the heart of the countryside it is close to the sea and Lymington where we enjoy the harbour and a drink or meal in one of the excellent pubs. Helen's recommendation of The Kings Head was spot on. Thoroughly recommended.
From the Owner
“We wanted to live here because we wanted the icing on the cake. We moved from a different area in the forest to be closer to the sea. We both love walking and this area is an area of outstanding natural beauty, very unspoilt and with a foreshore looking at the Isle of Wight. My husband Peter loves to kite surf and he does so on our local beach which you can walk to from the house if you wish, with all his kit though - he drives.”
Activity and Interests
You can walk to the foreshore in under an hour, it is a lovely walk via the pub! The foreshore has an array of waterfowl and you can watch the sailing boats playing in the silent in front of the Isle of Wight.
Nearest airport Southampton, 20 miles away. Nearest ferry terminal is Wight Link at Lymington to Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight - 2 miles away
Brockenhurst Station - 3 miles
Miles are approximate.
The next village with a village shop is 3 miles. Beaulieu Motor Museum is 4 miles away and the Yachting town of Lymington is 3 miles. The nearest supermarket is located in Lymington and you have the choice of two. Take away's and restaurants all located in Lymington
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Bank Holiday Week
28 Apr 2017 - 4 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
5 May 2017 - 25 May 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
27 May 2017 - 15 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £10 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Buy 6 get 7th night free during Low Season
Deposit of £100 secures your booking with balance payable 4 weeks before your stay.
Payments preferred Bank Transfer or Cheque
The returnable damage deposit of £100 is payable with the balance prior to your stay
See our terms and conditions on booking form more information.
2 dogs free of charge there after £10 per extra dog
For weekly bookings our change over day is Friday however we can be flexible if quiet. Short stays minimum 4 nights available - please ask.
Arrival 4pm and Departure 11.00am - this is flexible if quiet.
Notes on prices:
2017 - The price is for 2 persons. Bank Holiday weeks are 7 night only stays at high season price. Additional persons are £10.00 per night. Buy 6 nights and get the 7th for free low season.
NOTE - We only taking bookings during the summer months from May to end of October.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Being close to the sea is the favourite, fantastic pubs within striking distance all doing great food. Lymington is a busy market town buzz in the summer with all the yachts and has a good selection of restaurants and coffee shops.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The generous sized en-suite has cottage window in the the thatch eyebrow looking over the garden. With pretty matching full suite of sized bath, toilet and sink. Bathroom two is downstairs with shower, toilet and sink. A good strong shower!
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: A delightful good size beamed bedroom with pretty 5ft metal frame comfortable bed. The cottage window is in the eyebrow of the thatch with pretty views onto the garden and the countryside beyond. Fitted wardrobes offer plenty of storage.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our cottage is a lovely clean and tidy rustic cob cottage a few areas you will need to duck if you are over 6'. It is full of charm with traditional beams which are believed to be from an old ship,traditional wooden cottage windows and lots of nooks and crannies. If you are a lover of double glazing and minimalist Ikea we might not be for you but if you appreciate quaint orginal and rustic then you are going to love it. We are non smoking. Note - the property is heated via central heating which controls both halves of the property. Most guests should find the temperature acceptable however for those who like more heat then there is a pay as you go top up dimplex heater. This is activated by cards -each card charged at £5. Outside: Our fully enclosed garden has sun most of the day, you can sunbathe or sit under a very old oak tree. We have a bench under the tree and a small table and four chairs. There is a gas bbq for your usage as well. Access is via a gate to your own off road parking area with a gate to the garden and cottage. We live on site but are completely seperate - however if you require anything we are near enough to ask. Utility Room: A functional room with stainless steel sink and cupboard underneath. Room for hanging coats. Also home for the hoover and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Friday is change over day but we can be flexible at quiet times. The cottage will be clean for your arrival with bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels and several for your dog. Complimentary welcome pack for weekly stays. Other: Breakfast/dining area with beams and cottage window looking out onto the garden. Pine farmhouse table with four chairs with cushions.