House in Le Barroux, Near Carpentras, Vaucluse, Cote d'Azur, France - Situated In The Village Within Walking Distance Of A Bar Shop And Restaurants
Mon Barroux is a lovely example of a 18th century village house with many original features, such as beamed ceilings original fireplace in the kitchen and its own private garden with a basin and fountain for cooling off in the summer.
The house has two double bedrooms and two bathrooms, A bed room with two single beds is available on request. On the first floor is a washing machine, All bedrooms have views of the country side.
Located in the village with walking distance to shop, Cafe and restaurants.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The beaches of Marseilles and the Camargue are approx 1 hours drive away.
Airports: Avignon 30 mins. Nimes 45 mins. Marseille 1 hr. Montpelier 1.5 hrs. Lyon 2 hrs. Geneva, Nice 3 hrs.
Local villages, Caromb-5 mins, Carpentras-10 mins, Avignon-30 mins, Vaison la Romain-15mins, Aix en Provence-60mins.
Mon Barroux is in the small Provençal village of Le Barroux with great character and lots of activities, dominated by a 12th to 16th century Chataue. The village has a small shop for day-to-day living, and 3 traditional cafes and restaurants, all with outside terraces. The village is perfect to walk around at night or day and is full of history.
The nearby town of Carpentras, 12 kilometres away, was the capital city of the ancient "Comtat Venaissin" that gave its name to Beaumes de Venise. It was ceded to the popes in 1274, when the papacy resided in Avignon, and remained the estate of the popes until the French Revolution in 1791. Carpentras is situated at the foot of Mont Ventoux. This mountain gives views as far as the Mediterranean and the French Alps; it is also famous as a particularly gruelling stage of the Tour de France.
Further afield are the towns of Vaison La Romaine, Orange, Avignon, Nîmes, Arles, and Aix en Provence, all of which renowned for their Roman and medieval architecture, and feature open-air theatres where events are staged throughout the summer months. Every day there are excellent markets to visit where one can buy the freshest regional products. The town of L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is well worth visiting, as it is full of antique shops. The cities of Marseilles and Montpellier, the beaches of the Mediterranean, the national parks of the Camargue and Vercours, and the spectacular caves and gorges of the Ardeche and Verdon rivers are all well situated for a day trip.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£222|
A deposit of 30% is required upon booking with the balance payable 30 days before arrival. A security deposit of 250 Euros is required upon arrival, and will be returned on the day of departure. When children are in the group we would like to have their ages noted on the booking request.
The rental week starts at 5pm on a Saturday and finishes at 10am the following Saturday.
A deposit of 30% is required upon booking with the balance payable 30 days before arrival. A security deposit of 250 Euros is required upon arrival, and will be returned on the day of departure. When children are in the group we would like to have their ages noted on the booking request
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- 150 m²
- bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- 1st floor separate bathroom with shower, hand basin, guest toilet and washing machine. 2nd floor ensuite bathroom, toilet, bathtub with hand held shower, toilet, handbasin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 on 1st floor with queen size bed, fire place, writing desk. Bedroom 2 on 2nd floor with queen size bed can be made up as two singles on request, ensuite bathroom with bath tub
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: A great house for all seasons Outside: The house is located at the end of a quiet village street, the garden is located across the road. The garden is terraced on 2 levels. The entrance at street level with the house is a terrace with table and chairs, perfect for breakfast in the cool of the morning. On the next level is the main terrace with a fountain, outdoor shower and another table and chair set under a shady “murier”. There are also 2 teak sun lounges and a WEBER charcoal BBQ. The lowest level is the hidden garden which stays cool being shaded by the tall cypresses. A great place to quietly nap or read a novel. Utility Room: The washing machine is in the first floor bathroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen is included as is 2 hours of cleaning on the Saturdays for stays of 2 weeks or more.