Cabin in Pentney, North Norfolk, England - Peaceful, Rural And Spacious With Many Norfolk Attractions Nearby
You enter into a boot-room and large hall leading to the L-shaped open plan living, dining and kitchen area. The lounge area has a wood-burning fire with an exposed flue, two enormous sofas (comfortably seating 8), attractive lighting, a Flat screen television with Freesat channels and a DVD player. In addition the property is gas centrally heated throughout although the log burner is so efficient that it is rarely needed. A huge hand made rustic timber dining table and chairs stands by the large French windows that lead out to the deck and the garden. There are a number of games, books and leaflets about the local area and Wi-fi internet is available. All the rooms are timber lined. As well as the bedrooms, there is an entrance room which can also sleep one person in a single bed. The family bathroom has a corner bath and power shower, WC and basin. There is also a communal play area for children.
About the Owner
I now own 3 Holiday properties and without sounding immodest, I work hard to ensure that my guests have a really positive experience. The Lodge is comfortable, stylish and is a place I love to be, therefore I feel I know what makes a destination special for others. I’ve tried to ensure that there is every type of crockery and cooking facility that anyone would need - although occasionally the garlic press etc goes missing but I try to make sure there are enough plates, mugs etc so that you’re not having to load the dishwasher all day! I’m always on the end of the phone to deal with any problems that may arise, and because I don’t use an Agent - I keep the prices very competitive, therefore the Lodge is affordable for smaller parties - I’ve had single people up to parties of 7 stay.
Guestbook comments from the owner
•"We could not believe how perfect Pentney Lakes Cabin was. We have had the most relaxing week in a long time and both our Birthdays will be ones to remember, and our sons both wanted to stay." - J & M O'H - Kent - May 2102.
•"Thanks for a great holiday - lodge was lovely. We did lots of exploring and walking. Rain wasn’t too bad. My daughter loved the bunk beds!" - D,J & O - April 2012.
•"Thanks for a lovely week. Enjoyed peace and quiet and comfort of Cabin. Pubs to recommend for good food - George & Dragon @ Newton by Castle Acre, Carpenters Arms - East Winch, The Gate Inn @ Fair Green. All very friendly and welcoming." - C & MR - February 2012.
From the Owner
“I already owned a seaside property which I rented out on a `holiday` basis and so looked for another property to add to the business- I was bowled over with `Shepherds Lodge` the moment I walked into the Cabin - apart from the fact that it is set within gardens, the Lodge itself is such an appealing place to be - added to that- the tranquility and beauty of it`s surroundings - it`s the perfect retreat - Winter as well as Summer!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There is Fishing on site - please contact me for the website details. There’s also good fishing at Narborough - which is down the road.
It is approximately a half hour drive to the Beach of Hunstanton and the North Norfolk coastline. Please note that we are sorry to say we don`t accept pets.
The nearest Airport is Norwich.
It is highly recommended to come by car as the location is very rural and not suitable for any kind of public transport.
The nearest convenience shop is about 2 miles and the nearest proper shopping is about 7 miles in either direction - Kings Lynn to the north and Swaffham to the south.
There is a Waitrose in Swaffham and also an Asda.
there is a massive Sainsburys and Tescos on the way into Kings Lynn. You can get groceries delivered to the Cabin.
- Booking Notes:
We ask for a £100.00 returnable Deposit to secure the booking, and full payment 8 weeks before the holiday date. We will email you an and a copy of the Terms. If you don’t have a printer we can send you the Invoice by post.
We will return your Deposit one week after your holiday. We can be contacted by email or phone for information.
Saturday is the changeover day, and during the Summer months we can’t really be unless the holiday is for more than one week, however we are more flexible in the low season months.
Notes on prices:
Please see Prices which vary from £360.00 - £745.00 per week.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Apart from the enjoyment of staying in a Log Cabin in peaceful surrounds, there are lots of things to do in the area. Only 10 minutes from Kings Lynn, with the Corn Exchange and shops and cafes/restaurants, you can wander around the cobbled streets of Old Kings Lynn which originated as a settlement on a constricted site to the south of the mouth of the River Great Ouse. Development began in the early 10th century, but was not recorded until the early 11th century. In 1101, the Bishop granted the people of Lynn the right to hold a market on Saturday - which still exists! Sandringham is nearby and a half hours drive takes you the seaside and Norfolk Lavendar as well as Wildlife parks etc.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 En-suite shower room with toilet and basin, 1 Family bathroom with corner bath and power shower, toilet and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms)+ annexe room Notes on bedrooms: 1 master Bedroom with double bed, 2 adult sized bunk beds in bedroom, another smaller double bedroom and an annexe room with single bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is comfortable and spacious, and the open plan aspect of lounge/dining room and kitchen makes it a sociable space - in the Summer months the two large patio doors turn the decked seating area into another room. It`s a lovely base to explore the area. All of our guests seem to enjoy the Cabin itself as well as it`s access to places like `Sandringham` the various National Trust houses nearby, and being only 30 minutes drive from Hunstanton and the seaside as well as Norfolks stunning Wildlife - also it`s only 10 minutes into the famous town of `Kings Lynn` with all it`s facilities and entertainments. I`m sorry to say we don`t accept pets. Outside: The garden is huge and has `secret` areas that children love to explore. It is enclosed making it safe from the lakes which are yards from the top gate in the garden. There are two huge seating areas - the top patio has a parasol, and there are also a few loungers for those wanting to catch some Norfolk rays. There is a very large lawned area and lots of landscaped garden areas. There is also a massive private forecourt which could park 4 cars easily. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: To keep our prices very low and being self-catering, you can bring your own linen and towels or we can offer linen and towels, with beds having been made up for your arrival for up to 6 people for £40 (per week) which covers laundry/pressing costs. Other: The entrance room can also be used as a bedroom and has a single bed with bedside lamp etc. The garden has two large seating areas, the top patio has a parasol.