Villa in Dunas Resort, Santa Maria, Sal Island, Cape Verde - Peaceful Location, Set On Ponta Preta Beach, 3 Bedrooms-sleeps 6
With a beachfront location on the prime white sands of Ponta Preta beach, just a couple of minutes to the main town of Santa Maria, Dunas Resort is a prestigious 5* development built by the ocean for the spectacular views. Built to a high quality with luxurious finishing for the ultimate in relaxation, comfort and indulgence. There are beautifully landscaped gardens, spacious pool areas and secluded walkways. All contained in a private gated community that's perfect for families and couples wishing to get away from it all. Natural and elegant contemporary interior styling. Designer kitchens complete with premium appliances. Relaxing luxury throughout. The colour scheme is comforting and tranquil, making the villa the perfect place to relax. The villa is just a short taxi ride into Santa Maria where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. Maybe try out some watersports, or just lazing around on a palm-fringed beach surrounded by the clear blue sea.
About the Owner
About Alexandra Hearley
Private owned villa.
Alexandra Hearley purchased this villa in 2011
Why Alexandra Hearley chose Cape Verde
...for the sheer relaxation and year round sun! The beautiful beaches, restaurants, bars. And all this only 5 1/2 hrs from the uk!
From the Owner
“...for the sheer relaxation and year round sun! The beautiful beaches, restaurants, bars. And all this only 5 1/2 hrs from the uk!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The island of Sal first came to light many years ago as a must go to place for surfing since then it has become a haven for many other activities inc. scuba diving, fishing, snorkelling, kite surfing, wave and wind surfing, whale and dolphin watching, SOS turtle programme (adopt a turtle), boat trips, inter island trips, sailing, quad biking. Island tours are also a lovely day out , visiting lots of the islands highlights including a swim in the lagoon, and a visit to the Salinas salt mines of Pedra da Lume. Here you can take a dip in the salt mine where the saliency level is on a par with the Dead Sea and this is well worth experiencing for a weightless float.
The beach is less than a two minute walk away (approximately 180 metres). And Santa Maria beach which stretches for miles of silky white sands is only 5mins in a taxi. Plentiful internet cafes are nearby, & free Wi-Fi is available in Santa Maria square.
The airport is 10 minute taxi drive away. We can organise a taxi for guests to be collected on arrival at the airport.
Santa Maria town is 5 minutes away. Taxis are inexpensive and plentiful.
There is a supermarket "Falmers" located on Vila Verde which is just opposite Tortuga Beach Resort, around 5 minutes away.
Flights from the UK go from Birmingham, Gatwick & Manchester with Thomsons. We have a Thomson contact in Cape Verde, and booking through them includes free 20kg luggage allowance with no credit card fees ,please contact us for details.
Keys must be returned to collection point.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Dec 2017 - 8 Jan 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact for basic booking terms and conditions.
Flexible.Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Prices quoted are based on 4 guests sharing.
Please add £100 for parties over 4 persons.
Maximum party number is 6 persons.
A security deposit to the value of £200 is required with each booking. This is refunded in full once the property has been checked/ itinerary closed over, and guests contact us on their arrival back home.
Please contact us for last minute availablity and discounts.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1st floor-large bathroom with bath and shower, wc, male and female sinks, hair dryer. Ground floor- bathroom with shower, wc and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground Floor - 1st bedroom with twin beds with Air Con, patio windows into garden /pool, 2nd bedroom with twin beds, both with access to bathroom/shower room. 1st floor-Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and private large balcony sun terrace .Air con.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Dunas Beach Resort has approximately 50 private Self contained villas.The location is approx only 10-15 mins away from the airport and 5mins from Santa Maria. It is great for water sports, sunbathing, use of Melia's facilities (spa, massage rooms, bars, international restaurants, kids area, plus more besides). For those that fancy some rest and relaxation chilling in the sun by the pool, then this is the perfect peaceful location. Or why not take a bottle of wine down onto the beach and watch the beautiful sun-set over the sea on Ponta Preta beach. Outside: Set in a large private garden bursting with colour and smells from local flowers grown in Cape Verde , there is a large table and dining chairs for al-fresco dining to seat 6, and sun loungers for relaxing in the sun . A Private plunge pool is heated naturally by the sun provides for an added luxury. Every day of the year, Sal's climate averages around 25-30c daytime, with pleasant soothing breezes. Generally no less than 16c in the evenings. There is also a large communal pool down by the beach. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels & bed linen provided. ; guests can book a mid-week clean, for an extra cost ; guests can upgrade to a full 7 or 14 day housekeeping service for an extra cost.