House in Trebetherick, Nr. Polzeath, Cornwall, England - Situated On Greenaway, Trebetherick, Overlooking Camel Estuary, Stepper And Pentire Points
A large holiday house that can sleep 12/14 people. The house has a broadband connection with internal wi-fi and Sky+ TV. The grass area round the house provides space for play and privacy, and is bordered on two sides by traditional Cornish walls. For children there is a wooden climbing-frame with two swings and a slide. The house is situated at the end of a driveway, so there is no passing traffic. Pedestrian access to the cliff-top path and the beaches is via either of two paths which lead down from opposite ends of the property. The garden wall facing the sea, which is set back some 100 yards from the cliff-edge, ensures privacy from walkers on the cliff path, but the lie of the land is such that the spectacular views of the sea are not obstructed. There is a picnic table close to this wall and garden benches are positioned in sheltered sunny spots.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a superb time and loved the house and surroundings – wonderful: thank you!"
"Thank you for a wonderful week – sun, surf, lots of fun and , to cap it, dolphins for two days – magical!"
"Amazing week …. sand, sea, SURF, wind rain, momentary sun, fun and TREMENDOUS TREGREEN."
"Thank you for letting us stay in your lovely home. Extremely comfortable for our v. large family"
"A delightful house and a lovely week with the grandchildren (and their parents!!)"
"A fabulous family holiday, something for everyone, surfing, sailing, crabbing and the best dressing up box for a rainy afternoon!"
"Something for everyone - ! The perfect family holiday! In the perfect house!"
"The Lord’s my shepherd, I’ll not want; He makes me down to lie, in fair TREGREEN he leaded me, the quiet waters by. With apologies to King David and George Herbert – but not you. Thank you for a happy holiday for three generations – please may we come again"
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The main coastal path round the whole of Cornwall passes within 100 yards of Tregreen. Either side of the Camel Estuary there are beautiful and interesting sections to explore, particularly around Pentire Point and the Rumps and Port Isaac. There are many other public footpaths inland and the more intrepid walker can head for the open spaces of Bodmin Moor, Roughtor and Brown Willie.
Rock, situated opposite Padstow and protected from the open sea, is the centre for dingy sailing and racing organised by the sailing club. There is also a sailing school. Larger boats, such Cornish Crabbers and Shrimpers are also berthed and sailed from Rock.
Mackerel fishing boats for day trips are also based in Rock and expeditions can be booked when conditions are suitable. Other boats go further out to sea for other types of fish.
Daymer Bay is a favoured spot for windsurfers. Beginners can book lessons in Rock. In recent years kitesurfing has also become popular at Daymer Bay.
Daymer Bay: ideal for young children with safe bathing.
Greenaway Beach: ideal rock pool beach for older children.
Big Cave: can only be accessed when the spring tides are specially low.
Polzeath Beach: the principal surfing beach in the area.
Bodmin Parkway Station, with direct services from Paddington, is the other side of Bodmin and is a 35 minute drive away. Newquay Airport, sited at St. Mawgan, is a similar distance away, west of Wadebridge. There is a bus link from Trebetherick to Wadebridge.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs Ensuite bathroom 1 (bath, w/c, wash-basin). Bathroom 2: bath, large shower, w/c, washbasin. Shower-room 1: large shower, w/c, washbasin. Cloakroom with w/c and washbasin. Downstairs Shower-room 2: large shower, w/c, washbasin.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs Bedroom 1: double bed. Ensuite. Bedroom 2: bed + double bunk. Bedroom 3: twin beds with h/c washbasin. Bedroom 4: twin beds with third bed. Bedroom 5: double bed with h/c washbasin. Downstairs Bedroom 6: twin beds
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There is a garage, but it is used for storage. However there is ample room for parking several cars on the tarmac in front of the house. Outside: The garden wall facing the sea, which is set back some 100 yards from the cliff-edge, ensures privacy from walkers on the cliff path, but the lie of the land is such that the spectacular views of the sea are not obstructed. There is a picnic table close to this wall and garden benches are positioned in sheltered sunny spots. Utility Room: Laundry-room: Bosch washing machine, dryer and sink. Other: From the sitting room, sliding doors lead out onto a newly refurbished glass balustraded balcony with smooth tiles which stretches all along the front of the house and faces west looking out over the sea.