House in Estrees Les Crecy, Somme, Picardie, France - Within Driving Distance of Lovely Sandy Beaches
This lovely traditional French fermette is located in the pretty village of Estrees Les Crecy in the Somme region of Northern France. Just 1 hour from Calais, this house is perfect for a summer holiday or weekend break being so close to the UK. The house was built over 100 years ago and retains many original features but has been updated to provide a comfortable holiday home. The house is surrounded by a mature garden with lovely plants and fruit trees and there is off street parking for up to 3 cars on the gravel drive. The living room has a lovely feature fireplace with log burner for chilly nights and there is plenty of comfy seating for everyone. The area is rich in history and just 5 minutes drive is the well known Abbey de Valloires with its beautiful gardens.
About the Owner
About Sally Bush
We are a family of five and which is now extending now with our grandchild and children's partners and purchased the fermette for family holidays and weekends away.
Sally Bush purchased this house in 1999
Why Sally Bush chose Somme
We purchased the house approximately 10 years ago when our 3 children were small and have gradually improved and update the property. We have had many lovely summer and winter holidays there and now our children have their own families we all meet up for some time together.
We hope that you appreciate our fermette as much as us and enjoy the many personnel touches in it.
Sally and Peter Bush
What makes this house unique
The property is set a quiet rural area opposite a small farm but although there is no shops in the village the nearest town is walkable or a 2 minute drive and this has a supermarket, several cafes and a restaurant.
From the Owner
“We purchased the house approximately 10 years ago when our 3 children were small and have gradually improved and update the property. We have had many lovely summer and winter holidays there and now our children have their own families we all meet up for some time together. We hope that you appreciate our fermette as much as us and enjoy the many personnel touches in it. Kind Regards Sally and Peter Bush”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Golf and fishing can be found nearby and very popular for cycling.
The nearest beaches are at Fort Mahon, Quand, Berck sur Mer or Le Crotroy which are approximately a 20 minute drive.
The house is one hour drive from the port of Calais and the Euro Tunnel
The nearest village is Estrees Les Crecy itself which has no amenities but a bread van comes round each morning to the village. The town of Crecy en Ponthieu with its supermarkets, bread shops, restaurants and bars is a two minute drive away. Other places of interest are:
Le Touquet and Montreuil Sur Mer
Large supermarkets can be found at Abbeville and Hesdin. There is a a great Saturday market at Le Touquet which also has a large selection of up market bars, restaurants and shops. Montreuil sur mer is a medieval town made up of cobbled streets, Saturday market in main square and nice restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Payment in Stirling by bank transfer
A non refundable deposit of 50% of booking fee is required to secure the booking. The balance is due 28 days before departure. A £150 security deposit will be required before arrival and returned approximately 7 days after departure subject to usual checks on the property (A cheque will be acceptable)
Gas, Electricity and first basket of logs included
We are very sorry but we will not accept bookings from large single sex parties.
Preferred for Saturday but is flexible in high season
Arrival is after 3pm and vacate by 10am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is set a quiet rural area opposite a small farm but although there is no shops in the village the nearest town is walkable or a 2 minute drive and this has a supermarket, several cafes and a restaurant.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom with bath with shower over, toilet and sink situated on Ground Floor Additional separate WC on Ground Floor
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and view over garden Bedroom 2 with single bed with plenty of room for cot Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds Bedroom 4 situated on Ground Floor with Kingsize Bed with French Doors to Garden
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property has plenty of space for 7 people has many extras such as board games, DVD's etc. Outside: French doors from the dining area lead out into the garden which is mature with lawn, established plants and gravel drive. There are wooden gates into the property which can be kept closed. There is a garden table and seating plus parasol. There is a table tennis table to enjoy. There is a built in BBQ to cook outside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All duvets and pillowa provided but linen and towels NOT provided Property is cleaned before arrival but not during your stay