House in Ballydehob, Cork, Ireland - Peaceful Location, Ideal Touring Base, Close To Little Piers For Crabbing With The Children.
Located on the Mizen peninsula just off the N71, with wonderful views over Roaring Water Bay. There is a raised balcony to further enhance the view. The property is well-appointed with everything a family would need on holiday, including satellite TV, DVD, radio, BBQ & patio furniture. Balleydehob is just 2 miles away and Skibbereen, the capital of the Carbery Isles is just 9 miles. Closest beaches include Cadogan Strand 8 miles west on approach to Schull, but a little further brings you to the spectacular beaches of Barley Cove & Crookhaven. Schull has a busy harbour and there are ferry trips around the Fastnet Lighthouse or out to the many islands including Cape Clear, the most western point in Europe.
About the Owner
Kathy Brown was born in Skibbereen and with her husband Chris, has a wealth of local experience and knowledge extending over 40 years.
They are always delighted to share tips and suggestions to enable to visitors to get the most out of their holidays in West Cork.
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“This property has commanding views over Roaring Water Bay, it is quiet but not isolated and with the timeless village of Ballydehob only two miles away, provisions and entertainment are right on the doorstep. Touring around the wonderful scenery offered by all the different peninsulas is so easy from here, and there is a quick route over the mountains from Ballydehob to Bantry Bay and the big country of Beara & Kerry beyond. We also love the beaches particularly Barley Cove.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
In addition to our story book colour brochure, we have four pages of tips on restaurants, traditional music, dancing and days out, please ask us for these. We can introduce you to guided walking holidays along the Sheeps Head and we know all the great fishing spots.
West Cork has many fine beaches and a dramatic coastline which can be enjoyed from your car. Skibbereen has two sandy beaches, Tralispeen & Tragumna which has blue flag status, distance 12 miles on quiet roads. West of Ballydehob within 20 miles you have Cadogan Strand, Ballyrisode, Crookhaven and the famous Barley Cove. These latter beaches are sand, surf & dunes. Finally you reach the Mizen Head, Irelands most southwest point and a major tourist attraction. Free beach parking.
60 miles from Cork airport, travel time 1 hour 40 minutes max. Travel by car from Dublin or Rosslare 196 miles 5 hours max. We have great ferry deals with Stena Line so please allow us to quote you before you book.
The nearest village is Ballydehob (2 miles) and the nearest town is Skibbereen (9 miles). The whole area is filled with interesting things to do which makes for an activity-filled outdoor holiday. In addition to the amazing scenery through mountain passes and around rugged coastlines, there are gardens, castles, stately homes, stone circles, dolphin & whale watching, heritage centres & agricultural shows. Our brochure has full details, please ask us for it.
We think that the meat, fish & dairy has a taste long forgotten. Try Fields Supermarket Skibbereen. We know and use all the best restaurants, this information is included in our holiday guide, please ask us for it.
ATMs are very available, cash can be changed in banks but carry some ID. Medical treatment available on European Health card.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact us for a selection of property brochures. Call us or email us or use the Owner's Direct link. We would be very happy to discuss your personal requirements for a holiday to remember.
This is an armchair to post box service and all letters come with a S.A.E. for your convenience. Deposits are 25% of accommodation cost with balance 8 weeks prior to departure.
We usually book Saturday to Saturday, but are happy to discuss your personal requirements.
Access to the property is usually 1pm and departure 10am.
Notes on prices:
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We think you will be amazed by the views from the balcony; sit outside and enjoy the view over breakfast or enjoy a quiet cocktail in the evening as the sun sets over some of the Carbery One Hundred Isles.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- The ground level wet room makes this property friendly for visitors with restricted mobility, there is also a downstairs W/C. Upper level provides one ensuite with a twin room and one family bathroom with bath and shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground level: bedroom 1, double and wet room. Upper level: bedroom 2, double, bedroom 3 twin with ensuite, bedroom 4 twin. Plus family bathroom with bath. There are wonderful sea views from bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Owners/managers available in immediate location to resolve any problems or give advice on holiday suggestions. This is an energy efficient property with low running costs and is suitable for all year round holidays. Outside: The property comes with a garden, lower level patio and upper level balcony, all with furniture. Amazing sea views over Roaring Water Bay. A BBQ is also provided. Utility Room: Washing machine, drier and full ironing facilities. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is fully serviced following each holiday letting. Beds are made up prior to arrival unless instructed otherwise. There is a one-off linen laundry charge of £14.00 for the first bed & £4.00 for each bed thereafter, includes all towels etc.