House in Neuville au Plain, Nr. Sainte Mere Eglise, Manche, Normandy - Sleeps up to 8 people sharing 4 bedrooms / 4 bathrooms. Prices INCLUDE bed linen and towels
The accommodation can sleep eight people sharing four bedrooms and four bathrooms. A farmhouse kitchen, large dining room and comfortable lounge along with a large private garden and parking area, complete with stone barbecue will ensure your group will have all the space, resources and comfort to enable an unforgettable visit to a remarkable region. Located within the American Airborne Sector of Operations on D-Day, 1 Le Port is within the heart of the early morning airborne assault and just a ten minute drive from Utah Beach. The house itself was used as a makeshift field hospital during the first three days of the Battle for Normandy when paratroopers of the 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions were treated for their wounds. As guests of 1 Le Port you are welcome to peruse and view the selection of books and DVDs through which you can learn more of one of the world's most incredible military operations.
About the Owner
Stuart and Jennifer Robertson are a British couple who moved to Normandy in 2004. Jennifer is an administrator whilst Stuart, a trained historian is a battlefield guide and author of military history (co-writer of 'Following in the Footsteps of Heroes; D-Day, June 6th 1944' and sole author of Following in the Footsteps of Heroes Volume 2 and the D-Day Box Audio Guide).
From the Owner
“It is the incredible history of the region that brought Stuart and Jennifer Robertson to Normandy. Our home is now a wonderful base for visitors to explore the region around them. Every item you would need is here, we know that because we lived here for eight years and have completely furnished the property as if it were our own home.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is located just 15 minutes drive from the house.
Neuville is a small village located just one mile north of the famous village of Ste Mere Eglise. The accommodation is located just one mile from the Neuville au Plain exit of the Route National 13 (main Paris to Cherbourg freeway). Travelling times are just 30 minutes from the port of Cherbourg, 1 hour from the port of Caen / Ouistreham and 2 hours from Le Havre. Calais and Paris are 4 hours drive away. The nearest railway station is located at Carentan.
Utah Beach and its excellent museum is only a fifteen minute drive away whilst Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach, the American Cemetery, the Beaches and Cemeteries of the Commonwealth as well as Pegasus Bridge and the Merville Battery are all within easy driving distance.
The beautiful medieval town of Bayeux is just 40 minutes drive away and well worth a visit not just for the famous tapestry whilst the magnificent Mont St Michel is just 90 minutes away as is the beautiful old port of Honfleur.
The bustling, famous village of Ste Mere Eglise is just a five minute drive away. Here you can enjoy all the modern conveniences of a large supermarket, a busy weekly market (every Thursday morning) , a number of restaurants (one of which is regularly rated on trip advisor within the top ten of over 1,300 restaurants in the whole of Normandy), bars and souvenir stores
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
An additional £150 / €200 deposit is required on arrival. This deposit is fully refundable on departure once our on-site management has approved that the house has been left in reasonably clean condition with no damage.
Please contact owner.
A deposit payment of half the fee is due to make the reservation and final payment is to be made 60 days prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Both Jennifer and Stuart have experienced many holiday homes in the region. We have taken all the best features of those places we have stayed ourselves and incorporated them into, what we would consider, as not a gite, but a home from home.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Three of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with either a shower attachment over the bath or a separate shower cubicle. A separate wc and shower room is also available on the ground floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, en-suite
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, en-suite
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, en-suite
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 sleeps 3 with a king size bed and a single bed, with an en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with a double bed and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 3 with King size bed and en-suite bathroom and Bedroom 4 with a single bed.
- Notes on accommodation: The house has electric heating. Clothes washing facilities can be made available on request at a small charge. Outside: A large private garden with out door furniture and stone barbeque. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bathroom towels and bed linen are provided in the price. Beach towels are not included. The property will be cleaned prior to your arrival. We politely request that the property is left as close as possible to the condition in which it was found.