Woodland Cottage alone in farmland
A secluded, detached and characterful two-bedroom non-smoking cottage, in its own grounds with walled garden in the quiet of Cartmel valley, perfect for those who want a relaxing holiday in calm surroundings. All on one floor, quite suitable for those with mobility problems. Thoughtfully and sustainably furnished and maintained by owners living 400 yards away, attracting consistently positive feedback. A farmworker’s cottage refurbished to a high standard, alone in farmland, with panoramic views to southwest of Cartmel valley and Hampsfell to the east. There’s a double and a twin (plus one) bedroom with restful and unpeopled views, great kitchen, full central heating and hot water and a super full mains pressure shower over bath, all included along with linen and towels.
Two secluded, detached and characterful 2 bedroom non-smoking cottages, one in its own grounds and one with walled garden in the quiet of Cartmel valley, perfect for those who want a relaxing holiday in calm surroundings. Thoughtfully furnished and sustainably managed, attracting consistently positive feedback. One is a farmworker’s cottage refurbished to a high standard, alone in farmland, with large walled garden and panoramic views to the south of Cartmel valley and Hampsfell to the east. The other is a Lakeland slate cottage completely renovated, hidden in a private wooded garden above a tranquil pond. This one’s heating comes from ‘green’ ground source and wood burner. Each has a double and a twin bedroom with restful and unpeopled views, great kitchens, full central heating and hot water and a super full mains pressure shower and bath. Linen and towels all included. Lettings from Friday, Monday or Tuesday, 3 nights minimum. Owners can receive deliveries e.g. food, by arrangement
About the Owner
Booking by email or telephone. 25% deposit with the balance payable 1 month before stay. On cancellation repayment of money already paid to the extent that we are able to re-book.
Friday, Monday or Tuesday. More flexibility over changeovers during quieter times
Notes on prices:
A 'full week' runs from Friday 4 p.m. to Friday 10 a.m..
Short breaks can run either from Friday 4 p.m. to Monday or Tuesday 10 a.m. or from Monday or Tuesday 4 p.m. to Friday 10 a.m. - minimum stay period is 3 nights. A stay of 3 nights costs 60% of the weekly rate; 4 day stays cost 80% of the weekly price.
Well behaved dogs are welcome, at a charge of £25 each stay.
Errors and omissions excepted
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Agroforestry / smallholding dimension
Morecambe Bay 15 minutes' drive.
Walney Island beach 40 minutes' drive
Blackpool Airport 40 miles
Manchester Airport 60 miles
Bus arrival is possible with a 3/4 mile walk; otherwise use of a car or cycle is necessary.
1 mile from Cartmel and 5 miles from Lake Windermere.
M6 Junction 36 20 minutes away
Cartmel Racecourse 1 mile
Holker Hall and gardens 4 miles
Lake District Motor Museum 5 miles
Haverthwaite Steam Railway 5 miles
Lakeside Aquarium and Lake Steamers 6 miles
- Away From It All
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath with Triton shower above, shower curtain.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Double Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, King size mattress, special yew and elm bed from owners wood
- Twin Bedroom - 2 Single Bed, Hypnos matresses. Additional bed available at extra charge
- Hypnos matresses in both bedrooms. Hypnos are by appointment to HM Queen and have sustainable business practice in keeping with our green tourism award.
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Cosy living rooms. Open fire at Woodland Cottage ("WLC"), wood burner at Broughton Bank ("BBC"). First basket of wood provided. Full central heating in both cottages with thermostat accessible by guests. BBC has underfloor heating with individual room thermostats. Kitchens fully equipped including dishwasher and microwave. Herb gardens for fresh herbs and sizeable lawns. WLC has a drying room and king size double bed on special yew and elm bed made from owners' wood. BBC has two bathrooms: one with shower cubicle and one with bath. Beautiful views of trees above Broughton Bank through bedroom skylights. Tables and seating outside - bedrock bench and oak table at BBC. Each cottage has its own private gardens. Fantastic panoramic views from WLC garden. Secluded woodland location of BBC's raised garden has looks over a tranquil pond. Private off-road parking. Lockable shed at WLC, storage for bike etc by request at BBC. Outside PIR lights.