Villa in Bize, Minervois, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Pretty Location, Close To Rivers For Swimming, And 40 Minutes Drive From Mediterranean Beaches
Spacious, luxurious and beautiful villa with four double bedrooms, three ensuite (one shared with bedroom two, access outside bedroom). Close to the pretty village of Bize, and adjacent to La Grange, one of the best restaurants in the area, five minutes from river bathing (walkable in apron ten minutes) and 40 minutes from the beautiful sandy Mediterranean beaches of South West France.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful Villa on the outskirts of charming Bize
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Everyone loved this villa in its first year last year - we are still gathering reviews!
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful Villa on the outskirts of charming Bize
We loved our stay in this great villa, which is beautifully decorated and certainly has the wow factor. The villa, is tasteful, well appointed and comfortable. The outside space is private and well thought out, with a lovely pool area, which is a real sun-trap and totally safe if holidaying with younger children. Bize is a great village with a small supermarket, two boulangeries and four great restaurants, all of which we had great meals at and would recommend! Our only small note of caution is the proximity of La Grange restaurant (which is next door). La Grange is a great place to eat, but has live music and disco nights quite regularly and is pretty noisy. The music can clearly be heard from the villa, and did go on into the early hours a few times during our stay. If you like peaceful evening, this is worth considering. Other than this, we would thoroughly recommend both the property and the area. We look forward to returning...
Our fabolous holiday in Bize-Minervois!
Many thanks to the owner for a real beautiful place! We loved the house! It was clean an very charming! Luxury blend with style and funktionell hardware! We are very satified with our choice of basecamp!!! We would love to come back!
Salutations de 7 filles norvégiennes!!
Great Villa in a beautiful village
The villa is set on the edge of the beautiful village of Bize which is well served by good restaurants and the great thing is that one of them is right on your door step. The villa is an easy commute to the city of Narbonne, Beziers and Carcassonne, all of which are worth a visit.
There is more to see and do in the immediate region that you could possibly cover in a couple of weeks.
On arrival at the villa we were greeted by Aijuna with a warm welcome, which set the tone for what was a great holiday. The villa is fitted to a high standard and the owners have added their personal stamp to the décor that made it feel more like a home than an industrial holiday rental.
Eating out we would recommend La Grange, Restaurant Chez Jean-Marc and Café du Midi all were fantastic, good service and great food. A trip to the Chateau Cabenzac winery which a less than a mile from the villa is also recommended.
As to the Villa we would totally recommend it and hope to return soon.
We stayed for two weeks in august 2013, myself my husband and children aged14 and 11. The villa was vastly spacious and comfortable. We like to cook and the kitchen was very well equipped and again, huge. The host was very welcoming and friendly and was available if and when we needed her. The villa was very clean. The setting was beautiful and very tranquil. The pool was great fun. We would return without hesitation, but for us the downside (children really) was the distance from the beach - 40 mins by car. Maybe because we have previously stayed 5 mins walk from the beach, and it was a bit quiet (location) for them. That is the only negative thing that I would say, and if that is not an issue for you then this is a beautiful, comfortable, spacious and well equipped villa and I would highly recommend it.
Activity and Interests
Situated in a stunningly beautiful and relatively undiscovered part of Southern France and surrounded by vineyards set in a gentle rolling countryside about ten minutes from the famous world heritage site the Canal du Midi, and the picturesque villages of Bize (five minutes walk), Le Somail & Ventenac yet within easy reach of bustling City of Narbonne (20 mins), Carcassonne (45mins) and the Mediterranean (35 mins) and it’s long sandy long beaches.
The area is well served by airports and at each you can easily hire cars.
Ryanair fly into the following airports from the UK & Ireland:- Carcassonne and Beziers (nearest 40 mins), Perpignan & Montpellier (70 mins), Easyjet fly to Montpellier too and Toulouse (90mins), both from Gatwick, BA fly to Toulouse from Heathrow.
The Train from Paris to Narbonne(20mins) takes 4 hours and you can hire cars from opposite the station.
Adjacent to the villa there is a top quality restaurant. Within a short drive canal boat trips on the Canal Du Midi, walking at all levels and good golf at Carcassonne, Bezieres & Agde. There is canoeing & kayaking 40 minutes away which or White Water Rafting in the Pyrenees 90 minutes away. There are lovely sandy beaches, a couple of water-parks for children, wind-surfing for adults and an African Safari Park that is hugely popular with Children and adults alike.
The pretty village of Bize, five minutes walk, has a river swimming area with shaded willow trees, a good restaurant and there is a local boulangerie, post office, bar, small supermarket and pharmacy. Locally there are many food markets selling locally produced produce, and vide greniers - literally 'empty your loft' - occur somewhere in the region every Sunday. These are brocantes which sell everything from goats cheese to antique furniture and vintage trinkets and clothes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 15 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% deposit taken at time of booking with the balance eight weeks before your stay. A 500 Euro deposit is payable as a security deposit on arrival or by bank transfer prior to arrival which is returned on your day of departure/by bank transfer.
Changeover day is Saturday
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bed 1 with shower, toilet, basin and access to sunny terrace. En-suite bathroom to bed 2 with shower, toilet, basin, access to sunny terrace. En-suite bathroom to bed 3 with shower, basin, access to sunny outdoor terrace and toilet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 plus baby/small child (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double bed, ground floor,access to terrace through double glass doors,adjacent/en-suite bathroom, which is shared with Bedroom 2, ground floor, twin beds, Bedroom 3 doors to private terrace, en-suite. Bedroom 4, spacious upstairs, en-suite.
- Notes on accommodation: This stunning villa is set next to one of the best (but reasonably priced) restaurants in the area. It sits within it's own walled in private terrace, with views out to the back of the river Cesse and vineyards. The villa itself is spacious and luxurious, with plenty of room for superb relaxation - around the private walled in pool, or on the pretty terraces which overlook the vineyards and which are set within orange and olive trees. The villa has been built with an eye to high but relaxed quality and with comfort in mind. Outside: Outside there are sitting areas with loungers and tables set in areas of pebbles and stone. The private swimming pool is 7 metres by 3 1/2, and is enclosed within its own gated walls complying with French safety laws for children. Bedroom one leads out onto the terrace. There is a BBQ and table sitting areas. Utility Room: Washing Machine, ironing boards, iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens are included, the property is cleaned on changeover with a cleaning charge of 100 euros. Extra cleaning is available on request.