House in Gaucin, Ronda, Spain - Charming Country House, Peaceful, Secluded Location Special Last Minute/2nd Week And Couples Rates
Beautifully restored old blacksmith's forge that has been in the same family for generations. Reached by a short track a few kilometres from Gaucin the property is surrounded by unspoilt countryside where goats, sheep and cattle still graze. The large, securely fenced, private pool is set in natural gardens amid fragrant mandarin trees. The house has been thoughtfully restored using traditional local materials and is decorated with a range of antiques and country artefacts. this rustic farmhouse is a secluded get-away set in beautiful countryside. Nature-lovers, birdwatchers & walkers may be drawn to the area in the cooler months. In the summer, the private pool & beautiful countryside around provide the perfect ways to relax. The thick stone walls keep the cottage cool throughout the summer months & there is central heating & an open log fire for the cooler seasons. Free Wifi internet connection available.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful and comfortable a joy to stay
About the Owner
This property is managed by a local Spanish family (English-speaking); the booking procedure and the emergency contact during your stay are provided by them .
Guestbook comments from the owner
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Old Forge.
Wonderful place to recharge your batteries: peace and quiet, beautiful weather, views and scenery, handy for days out, pretty villages to explore and all the people are very friendly and welcoming.
The villa was clean and well-maintained. The pool was great with a great bbq area.
We would have no hesitation in recommending The Old Forge to anyone looking for a great spot in the Spanish sun.
1 holidaymaker review
Beautiful and comfortable a joy to stay
The quiet and peacefulness of this finca is hard to underestimate. The sunset views from the terrace are stunning and the place is not overlooked and you overlook only the countryside and mountains. The rooms are all comfortable and large (especially the suite upstairs). The finca is well equipped and the owners do not take away the left over herbs spices etc from other guests. The pool and pool area are lovely. There are also plenty of shaded areas for eating and drinking outside. You have eagles flying over you as well as the hoots of owls in the evening. Gaucin is an easy 10 minute drive away and is a lovely village to wander around and eat and drink (though I would particularly recommend L'Estacion in nearby San Pablo Buciente, just down the hill, to eat). The finca has BBC, ITV and C4 so I was able to watch England being beaten by Wales (sob). The property manager Ines could not have been more helpful. We were there for 2 weeks and there was a complete change of linen and a thorough clean at the end of the first week. All in all great.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Shepherds still roam the hillsides with their flocks and cork from the cork oaks is collected in the traditional way. Although this is a rural location, we are spoiled with some of the best services in the area (and we can organize any of them for you to enjoy during your stay): shopping service and delivery, chefs, paella cook (an authentic paella delivered for you, or cooked in front of you while you enjoy a glass of wine and an appetizer), yoga and pilates instructor, massager, manicurist/pedicurist, beautician, babysitter, flamenco show in the garden, horse riding, guided hikes..)
The nearest sandy beaches are less than one hour away.
Malaga airport 1.5 hours. Gibraltar airport 45 mins. Sevilla airport 2.5 hours. Jerez airport 2.5 hours. Granada airport 3 hours.
Gaucin 15 mins. Estepona 1 hour. Marbella 1 hour. Ronda 50 minutes.
Gaucin, retaining it's Spanish feel, has many small shops as well as 4 larger 'supermarkets'. There is an excellent delicatessen and a well-stocked shop selling organic produce. The village has a good selection of tapas bars. Beauty treatments and a range of alternative therapies can be arranged locally.
We can provide a Cook if you would like one, at extra cost, either Spanish or English, or maybe a real paella chef. We can also arrange for your food shopping to be done for you. We can also help organizing other services like a massager, manicurist/pedicurist, beautician, babysitters, flamenco show in the garden, horse riding, guided hikes, yoga instructor..
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% deposit by bank transfer. Balance to be paid in cash (Euros) on arrival.
Saturday, although there may be some flexibility, please ask. Arrival between 5pm and 6pm. Departures prior to 10am.
Notes on prices:
Payment terms: 50% on booking and 50% in Euros on arrival.
10% reduction for second week when reserving two or more weeks.
15% reduction for last minute rentals (up to 2 weeks before arrival day)
10% reduction for couples (and/or couples + baby)
Special prices for Long Term Winter rentals (from Nov to Feb)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, shower over, WC. Additional ground floor bathroom with bath, shower, WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - huge master suite with double bed, en suite bathroom. Sofa. Lovely views. Bedroom 2 - large wrought-iron double bed and French windows to sunny terrace overlooking fields. Bedroom 3 - twin beds. Bedroom 4 - twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: With both an open log fire and central heating the property is suitable for winter lets. The secure outside space is especially fun for children but please note that there are some drops so young children should not be left unsupervised. Special rates for last minute (15% discount), second week (10% discount) and couples (and couples + baby) 10% discount Reduced prices for Long Term Winter rentals. Outside: Large natural gardens with fruit trees and other established trees. The finca is spread over 37 hectares all of which can be explored on foot. The private, fenced, swimming pool measures 10x5m, is filtered, and is open all year but is not heated. On the attractive patio is a large table with extensive views making a magnificent location for summer meal times. In addition there is a large outside brick-built BBQ and sink, an outside shower, sun loungers and several different terrace areas. Utility Room: hob/stove garden oven parking fridge/freezer microwave dishwasher washing machine iron/ironing board satellite TV central heating room fans cot high chair barbecue private pool (for sole use of guests) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Pool towels included.