'Stoke Villas' is a fabulous fully refurbished Victorian Townhouse set over 3 floors with 5 double bedrooms sleeping up to 17 guests (plus additional guests on sofa beds/bed chairs), 3 high specification bathrooms, a dining room housing a pair of splendid solid oak tables to seat up to 20 guests and a super fun games room with table tennis, pool + card games plus the facility for a hot tub at an additional cost if required. Set in the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire with 3 nearby beaches, the house is centrally located and is only a 5 minute ferry ride across to Historic Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays which has over 90 designer retail outlets, 30 restaurants/cafes/bars, cinema, bowling alley, Jongleurs Comedy Club, Grosvenor Casino, Tiger Tiger nightclub and the UK's second tallest accessible building The Spinnaker Tower making the house ideal for a special get togethers and holidays, corporate lets or well behaved hen and bachelor groups.
About the Owner
Complete Holiday Homes are a small professionally run friendly family business offering superior quality self catering holiday homes suitable for special get together, family holidays, business or crew accommodation in the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire, alongside the historic naval city of Portsmouth, plus a lovely 2 bedroom apartment in the Portuguese Algarve. Whichever your destination we will strive to give the best possible service from point of booking on throughout your stay and will do our utmost to ensure your time at one of our properties is a memorable one.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Please see our website www.completeholidayhomes.co.uk for numerous guests feedback and positive 'Trip Advisor' reviews.
From the Owner
“Set in the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire Stoke Villas is within close proximity to 3 nearby beaches and Portsmouth Harbour plus a 5 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays which has over 90 designer retail outlets, 30 restaurants/cafes/bars, a 14 screen Cinema, Bowling Alley, Casino, Jongleurs Comedy Club, Tiger Tiger Nightclub and the iconic Spinnaker Tower. The tower is the UK’s second tallest publicly accessible building where you can stand on its splendid viewing platforms and look out over the water to The Isle of Wight and then back inland as far as the eye can see.”
Activity and Interests
'Stoke Villas' is situated within walking distance to Portsmouth Harbour and Stokes Bay Beach looking out over The Solent and across to the Isle of Wight or you are a short drive to Lee on Solent and Hillhead's beaches where you are likely to find windsurfers, kite surfers and jet skiers. With 24 miles of coastline offering some fantastic views you don’t have to wander far to find the sea or you can also hop on a ferry for the 5 min ride to Portsmouth or across to the Isle Of Wight and beyond.
The nearest airports are Southampton, approximately 30km away, or Bournemouth, around 80km, and Gatwick and Heathrow are the nearest London airports. You can train into Portsmouth Harbour and hop straight on the 5 minute ferry to Gosport where we are situated only 2km away from the terminal or alternatively into Fareham which is 7.5km from the house. A car is not essential but if you do drive we have off road parking for up to 6 cars.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
£500 refundable reservation/damages deposit payable at time of booking by debit/credit card and refunded within 10/14 days of departure subject to no damages or excessive cleaning. Rental fee to be paid 6 weeks prior to arrival by debit/credit card. Early booking may be preferred to have good choice of dates.
Changeover dates and times are flexible where possible, please contact us for details. Usual arrival times are 4-6pm and departure 10am but both may be earlier or later by agreement, subject to no other guests directly before of after.
Notes on prices:
Rental rates from £1100 to £2995 with short and long term stays available. Please contact us for further pricing and availability.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 x high spec modern bathrooms, 1 on the ground floor and 2 on the upper floors all with fitted showers plus the addition of a large 'P' shaped bath to the upper floor bathroom.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 19
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 19 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 5 x double bedrooms with superior quality crisp cotton linen and fresh white towels with king size doubles or twin singles and family rooms that sleep 3/4 plus a bed settee and bed chair within the large lounge allowing flexibility for additional guests.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house has been restored and modernised to a high standard maintaining much of its original charm and features and is beautifully decorated with tasteful furnishings throughout with all mod cons including Wi-Fi. The house is self catering but catered options are available on request and with it being centrally located within the town it has an abundance of local restaurants and take away's close to hand offering a wide choice whether eating in or out. If dining out does appeal we also have a number of other fine local restaurants, some with great coastal views and Gunwharf Quays itself has over 30 waterfront cafes/bars/bistros and restaurants where you can sit and watch the comings and goings in the harbour. If you wish to stay on the bars at Gunwharf continue into the night and Tiger Tiger nightclub is open until the early hours with a late night ferry to bring you home to Gosport. Outside: Outside to the rear is a raised wooden decked area looking over the garden and lawned area, trampoline and the facility to accommodate a hot tub if desired (at an additional cost depending on size and specification), plus off road parking for up to 6 cars. Set in a central location the property is within a short walking distance of the town and a short ferry ride from Gosport which lands in Portsmouth Harbour and Gunwharf Quays which is home to the Spinnaker Tower from where you can stand on its splendid viewing platforms and look out over the water to The Isle of Wight and back inland as far as the eye can see. The area is also home to a number of forts, part of 'Palmerstons Follies', the then Prime Minister who commissioned these buildings to deal with or prevent another French invasion which subsequently never happened! These include Fort Brockhurst on land and Spitbank Fort which sits in the middle of The Solent waters between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen & towels are provided & are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child cots and high chairs are also available at no extra cost. (If cots are provided guests are asked to bring their own child’s bedding please). Other: To the rear of the property off the kitchen is a large conservatory to enjoy your morning coffee looking out over the garden as the sun comes up or to have fun playing table tennis, pool and card games!