Cottage in Yzeures-sur-Creuse, Nr. Loches, Indre-et-Loire, Centre, France - Central Village Location With Easy Parking Overlooking Delightful Garden
Tucked away behind old coach house doors the entrance to the cottage is through a walled garden the cottage having been an old stable block. Parking is right outside in the village square in which there is a weekly market and the river Creuse is five minutes walk where there is an outdoor swimming pool and camp site.
Top Traveller Review
Thank you Linda and David for a lovely holiday.
About the Owner
Linda Abbott is a furniture/interiors decorator having had an interiors shop in West Sussex for 12 years and a similar shop in France since 2007. She now lives most of the year in France concentrating on the french shop selling brocante items as well as vintage furniture, painted or unpainted, and fabrics, lighting and decorative items for the home. She has many years experience of trompe l'oeil decoration some of which she has used in decorating the cottage in the grounds of her shop in Yzeures. She has been a stockist of Annie Sloan paint products since she founded her UK shop in 2000 and continues to sell the paint and give paint classes at the french shop.
2 holidaymaker reviews
I could have stayed another month!
Just delightful! Felt like waking up in a castle every morning. Pleasant & unobtrusive hosts, pretty garden, good boulongeries and lovely countryside.
We've recently returned from a fantastic stay at the cottage in Yzeures-sur-Creuse and enjoyed every minute. We were made to feel extremely welcome by Linda and David the hosts. Linda was so helpful with everything, full of good advice and nothing was too much trouble for her. The cottage is in a great position, with a handy super market just 5 minutes away. The typically French village is charming and just a short drive from some beautiful neighbouring villages such as Angles sur l'Anglin where you can enjoy the gorgeous l'Anglin river and even have a paddle. The cottage itself is delightful and decorated with pretty pieces of hand painted furniture and it is well equipped to cook a home cooked meal along with a lovely little table and chairs to enjoy the garden.
Thank you Linda and David for a lovely holiday.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The cottage is in the grounds of a brocante shop in which we sell Annie Sloan paint products in association with which paint classes are given. The classes are 'How to Paint Furniture', Trompe l'oeil, You can paint your own items or purchase items at the shop for decoration.
Both Tours and Poitiers airports are equidistant being 1 hour's drive away. The nearest channel port is Caen (Ouistreham) which is 3 and a half hours drive. There is a train station at Chatellerault being 20 mins. drive which connects to Paris (Montparnasse) by TGV (one and a half hours).
The spa town of La Roche Posay is 4 kms. and has not only a golf course but also a casino and many restaurants and bars. All the main Loire valley châteaux are an hour's drive as are most other historic places such as Loches, Richelieu and Chinon. The world famous Futuroscope theme park is an hour's drive just north of Poitiers offering 16 sites in a natural environment.
Within the village itself is an Intermarche hypermarket, Bricomarche, large shoe outlet and homeware store as well as small local shops. At Chatellerault are all the big national stores and hypermarkets and in the surrounding area are many local village markets. The gateway to the Brenne National Park with its thousand ponds and bird and wildlife, a walkers paradise, is at the next village, Tournon St. Martin. Angles-sur-L'Anglin, one of the most beautiful villages in France is 12 kms. away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A booking deposit of 10% is payable within 7 days, this will be held as a security deposit until after the stay. The final payment is due 30 days before the booking date.
Changeover day is normally Saturday but this is flexible. If guests are staying only 2 or 3 nights these can be on any date dependant on availability. It is requested guests do not arrive earlier than 3 pm and leave before 11 am.
Notes on prices:
Prices include electricity and water.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There is an ensuite shower room to the bedroom.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom has a kingsize bed and there is a double sofa bed in the lounge.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There are no stairs in the property except one step between the kitchen area and bedroom, access from the road is on level ground. Guests are requested not to smoke and pets are welcome provided they are well behaved. Although there are no stairs the property it is not suitable for wheelchair users as the door widths are not wide enough. A small outside terrace with garden table and chairs is provided for al fresco dining. The cottage is decorated with care with trompe l'oeil decoration in the bedroom which has a very high ceiling. Hanging space is provided in an old armoire and the property has a lot of character with painted furniture throughout. Outside: Outside patio with table and chairs plus walled garden with lawn and flowers. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included and changed weekly. The property is cleaned weekly but guests are expected to keep the cottage clean and tidy.