House in Tavertet, Nr. Vic, Barcelona, Spain - Peaceful Location Perfect for Mountain Walks and Mountain Cycling
The rustic 4 bedroom detached house sits among the stone built houses of Tavertet. It has been totally modernised inside while maintaining its 17th Century design. There fantastic views over the valleys.
About the Owner
I am a Scot who moved here after spending many holidays in Sitges. I am 63 and am married to a local woman and we have a 14 year old daughter. The local culture and family life,along with the excellent weather really suit me.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We have stayed at Can Palat in Tavertet in both winter and summer - both are lovely times and it gets perfect summer temperatures. Tavertet is a lovely, medieval village perched on the edge of the Collsa de Cabra. The steeple of the submerged church below in the reservoir is just visible and the long, layered views are spectacular. There are lovely walks in many directions and Rupit, another historic and more touristic spot, is not far away. The house itself is a beautifully restored and roomy abode, of stone and beam construction, with all the modern conveniences but a feeling that you are stepping back in time as you open the big wooden door. This is a great place for a retreat, to enjoy nature and the company of a small village.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ideal for relaxing or mountain walks and mountain bikes. Panoramic views and surrounded by interesting villages and towns. Excellent gastronomy and wines.
One hour to Costa Brava resorts.
Gerona airport is 40 minutes away and Barcelona 50 minutes.
15 minutes by car to the lovely town of Rupit and 30 minutes to the city of Vic.
Good transport connections from Vic.
The village is a Heritage site set in the hills overlooking the hills and valleys. It has a local shop, 2 bars. There are 4 restaurants, one of which, Faves Comptades, is renowned for its high quality. The Romanic church, San Cristobal, is the centre of the town. There is an open air municipal swimming pool. Horse riding and all sorts of outdoor activities can be organised.
- Booking Notes:
Payment of 30% as deposit and the balance 1 month prior to arrival date. €300 security deposit.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- All Bathrooms have been modernised but retain their country style.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8(4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The ground floor has 2 double bedrooms and 1 bathroom and 2 toilets The first floor has a bedroom with bunk beds and a bathroom, toilet Third floor has a double bedroom and large en suite bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: A comfortable house, full of character and all the modern appliances. Outside: There is a lovely garden and pond and well kept lawn. The terrace is perfect for dining out doors and has sofas and tables and chairs with a roofed area. Seats 8 people easily and has un resrticted views over the valleys. Utility Room: There is a spacious utility room with washing machine, dryer, iron etc Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedding and towels are supplied with a mid week change and house clean. Daily cleaning service available on demand. Other: The first floor terrace catches the sun all summer and has fantastic views over the Pantano de Sau.