House in Jugon les Lacs, Nr. Dinan, Cotes D'Armor, Brittany, France- Two Gites For The Price Of One!
The stone built house and cottage were constructed in the 19th century; they have both been recently modernised to blend the old with the new and boast many individual features. Both properties are equipped to a high standard and are ideal for two families holidaying together or a family with teenagers who can have their own space. Sat in an idyllic rural location but only a few minutes walk from Jugon les Lacs with it's great range of facilities, bakeries, shops, bars, restaurants, tourist information office, swimming pool, bike & boat hire........ Sorry, no pets.
About the Owner
Hello and thank you for viewing our 'petits chateaux'!
We purchased the properties several years ago as a primary holiday destination for ourselves and our (then) teenage boys, who loved having the freedom of having their own house (no arguments about the TV channel or the loudness of the music!).
Time moves on and we're now unable to visit as often as we would like so want to offer the opportunity for other families to be able to enjoy their own memorable holidays there.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Just to let you know we had a wonderful holiday, we even saw kingfishers! The house and everything about it was lovely, we were sorry to leave it and come home!" Linda & Glyn
"Just a quick thank you for our short break last week - it’s a lovely house and superbly equipped!" Phil
“Thank you for the use of your holiday home in Jugon; we have had a wonderful time and will be going back next year.” Bob & Julie.
"What a charming place. Had a fantastic & restful holiday - thank you!" Claire.
From the Owner
“We had travelled to and stayed in Brittany many times, loved the climate, the beaches, the countryside, the food & wine, the folk and most of all the relaxed feel engendered by the whole way of life in the region. As with most people we dreamed of owning a place of our own, and on one long weekend in the mid noughties we took the plunge! Flew into Dinard, booked into a local hotel, contacted an agent in Lamballe who then took us on a wild ride to see a half a dozen properties on the Saturday morning. The first couple were 'renovation opportunities' (trees growing through them....) the next three didn't feel right, but as soon as we were driven up through the square in Jugon, past the church to the end of the lane and saw the peaceful setting and the two properties we were smitten.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Jugon les Lacs boasts numerous opportunities for walking, sailing, fishing, swimming (both in the lake and also the fabulous outdoor pool in Jugon) and particularly mountain biking being a centre for VTT, with excellent clearly marked trails, many of which start and finish just 5 minutes down the road.
There is a also a superb outdoor go-kart track in nearby Lamballe.
The spectacular beaches of Saint-Cast le Guildo and St Jacut de la Mer are within just 30 minutes drive.
The nearest ports are St Malo, which is approximately 30 minutes away and Caen which is approximately one hour away. Dinard Airport is approximately 30 minutes by car.
Just 5 minutes walk from Jugon Village with shops, range of excellent restaurants & bars. Main supermarkets can be found just 10 minutes by car to Plancoet (huge Hyper U) or 20 minutes by car to Lamballe & Dinard (Intermarche & E.Leclerc).
Jugon les Las is an excellent destination for your holiday in Brittany, close to the ports, short drive to the beaches, surrounded by superb lakes and woods, easy access to the major roads, two bakeries, a butcher, two bars, small supermarket, choice of restaurants, chemist, florist, beauty salon / spa, market day on a Friday, open air swimming pool, watersports and bike hire, tourist information ofice (see the website as per below for full details).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Sep 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact us for details of booking either via email, call or text.
Preferred changeover day is Sunday, other days may be accommodated, please call to discuss.
Prefer payment via BACs, although cheques are still acceptable.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“One of the real advantages for us (having two teenage boys at the time) was the 'two-for-the-price-of-one' convenience of the two separate properties. We could all eat breakfast together, go out for the day together, then in the late afternoon the boys could have their own space for a couple of hours to watch & listen to whatever they wanted, and we could then join up later again in the evening for dinner. Car parking is not a problem, there is no passing traffic, the garden is large and level and we have had days when we've just sat 'sunning & reading' in the peaceful garden, maybe taking 5 minutes to wander down to the village square for a coffee and a croissant (or cake...) and then later to one of the five restaurants in Jugon, a great day and the car never moved!”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- House has en suite shower room with wash basin and wc in white, shaving mirror & light. Cottage has shower room with wash basin and wc in white, shaving mirror & light.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Double bedroom on second storey of main house with adjacent en suite shower room containing wash basin & wc, fitted wardrobes, bedside tables & lamps and full length mirror. Mezzanine double bedroom with shelving units & roof lights in adjacent cottage.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The stone built house and cottage were constructed in the 19th century; they have been recently modernised to blend the old with the new and boast many individual features. Both properties are equipped to a high standard with electric heaters and are ideal for two families holidaying together or a family with teenagers who can have their own space. Outside: Located at the end of a quiet lane, 5 minutes from the village centre, the properties benefit from ample gravel parking and a large lawn garden area with picnic bench. BBQ provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels/Linen - ALL bed linen and towels are included. For guests who stay for two weeks these will be changed and laundered after the first week. Other: There is a small attached outside shed which contains the BBQs and a couple of mountain bikes for guests to use during their stay.