House in Cogolin, Nr. St Tropez, Var, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur , France - In A Peaceful Elevated Position, On Outskirts Of Bustling Cogolin, 12km From St Tropez
Only 9 years' old, our traditionally built and furnished Provencal villa sleeps 10 people in 5 comfortable bedrooms. There are stunning views over the bay to St Tropez and Ste Maxime from the huge terrace. A large outdoor covered dining area leads from the huge open plan sitting dining room and kitchen. Spread over two floors this house is located at the end of a track, on the edge of residential area on the outskirts of Cogolin, a bustling provencal village with year round activity. Cogolin has excellent restaurants, a supermarket, great local shops and a twice weekly market. The glitz of St Tropez is 20 minutes away, and the vast expanse of Pampelonne beach, with fabulous beach restaurants only 25 minutes away. Ideal for a family or a group of friends, there are plenty of secluded areas for private moments. A local agent will look after the property and can provide additional services.
Top Traveller Review
Maison Clay Cogolin
About the Owner
About Claire Clay
The house was built for us and our 2 teenage children. We've had the most fabulous holidays there, with and without other families and friends, and some romantic stays in the colder months, a deux, with just a roaring log fire for company. Now we find ourselves empty nesters, with just Lily, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, for company in London.
We're renting our home out for the first time; as the children have got older, and retirement not as close as we'd like, we find we're not using it so much as we'd like.
Claire Clay purchased this house in 2006
Why Claire Clay chose St Tropez region
We've spent the last 30 years holidaying in Cogolin. It's a fabulous village, very French, with every local amenity you can think of, plus a few you might not have done, its world famous ancient carpet factory for one. 10 years' ago we leapt at the chance to buy a rare building plot overlooking the village.
A Saturday morning stroll round the market, followed by lunch and a snooze on the beach, a quick visit to a local vineyard to stock up on rosé and a trip to a traiteur to pick up supper on the way back is our idea of heaven. Eating dinner at our table on the terrace gives you the best view in town. For glitz and glamour St Tropez is a stone's throw away, the children love the night clubs there and we've spent many an evening fretting about what they're getting up to!
What makes this house unique
The peaceful position, yet so close to the buzz of the village, with amazing views down to the bay of St Tropez are unbeatable.
We built and furnished the house for our own use, so it's tremendously comfortable, a real home from home. The living area and terraces are really spacious, so it's a great house for entertaining, at the same time it's cosy in winter.
(1 traveller reviews)
Maison Clay Cogolin
Fantastic house - this is more a family home rather than holiday let, full of the personal bits and bobs and very well appointed. Huge open plan living space, superb pool, very pretty garden and great terrace with a killer view of the Gulf and Cogolin village. We've just had 2 weeks and you have to be keen to want to leave the house get into the car to go and explore. In a quiet secluded location right on the very edge of Cogolin, up a bumpy dirt track. New houses are being built close up but each has a decent sized plot - so nothing overlooks. Wi-Fi is there but signal very weak - OK for most things but for me was too weak to log in to a remote server. Thanks Claire a fabulous 2 weeks.
From the Owner
“We've spent the last 30 years holidaying in Cogolin. It's a fabulous village, very French, with every local amenity you can think of, plus a few you might not have done, its world famous ancient carpet factory for one. 10 years' ago we leapt at the chance to buy a rare building plot overlooking the village. A Saturday morning stroll round the market, followed by lunch and a snooze on the beach, a quick visit to a local vineyard to stock up on rosé and a trip to a traiteur to pick up supper on the way back is our idea of heaven. Eating dinner at our table on the terrace gives you the best view in town. For glitz and glamour St Tropez is a stone's throw away, the children love the night clubs there and we've spent many an evening fretting about what they're getting up to!”
Activity and Interests
The coast is about 10 minutes drive away, at Cogolin Plage there is a man-made beach with sailing available. This part of the coast of the Golfe de St Tropez contains yachting marinas, including Port Grimaud. The large sandy beach by St Tropez is 25 minutes away.
Toulon/Hyeres airport is 40km away
Nice Airport is 80 km away
Marseille Airport is 160 km away
Aéroport International de La Mole is 9 km away (limited scheduled routes)
A car is recommended, local public transport is limited, but there are local taxis available.
The house is on the edge of Cogolin village, 1km from shops and restaurants. St Tropez is about 12km away, a 20 minute drive.
Cogolin is open year round, there is a large Leclerc supermarket, butchers, bakers, greengrocers and a host of small interesting retailers, as well as banks, pharmacies and doctors. There is a good variety of restaurants in the village, ranging from simple snack bars to Michelin mentioned establishments. Within 20 minutes' drive there are enough world class restaurants to cheer even the most jaded palate.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
A booking deposit of 25%, non-refundable, is required, with the balance and a refundable security deposit of £300.00 to be paid 8 weeks before arrival. The deposit will be refunded 1 week after the end of the stay as long as all is in order.
Linen & towels, electricity, water and weekly/final cleaning are included. Logs can be provided at cost for the colder months.
Payment in Euros is acceptable - please ask for details.
Rentals are usually on a Saturday to Saturday basis, arriving after 4.00pm and vacating by 10.00am.
Outside July, August and September there can be some flexibility about this.
Notes on prices:
Price for a stay of longer than 14 nights by negotiation.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“The peaceful position, yet so close to the buzz of the village, with amazing views down to the bay of St Tropez are unbeatable. We built and furnished the house for our own use, so it's tremendously comfortable, a real home from home. The living area and terraces are really spacious, so it's a great house for entertaining, at the same time it's cosy in winter.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, walk in shower, wc En-suite shower room to bedroom 2, with walk in shower, wc En-suite bathroom to bedroom 3, with bath, wc Shower room with walk in shower, wc Separate wc
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, private terrace, en-suite bath/shower Bedroom 2 with double bed, balcony, en-suite shower Bedroom 3 with double bed, balcony, en-suite bath Bedroom 4 with double bed Bedroom 5 with 2 twin beds
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 10
- pets considered ...
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: We built this house as a family home and it is furnished with comfort in mind. The three large double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms all have memory foam mattresses. The fourth and fifth bedrooms are smaller and share a family shower room. There are electric wall mounted radiators in the rooms on the ground floor and heated towel rails in the bath and shower rooms. There is an open fireplace in the sitting room. There is extensive terracing around the house and around the pool, some covered, some open. There's a rotary drying line outside. The outside areas are lit. There is a portable barbecue and a table tennis table and a boules pitch. Large area for parking cars outside the house. Access is by an un-made road which doesn't lead anywhere apart from to the last house, situated behind us. Our local agent, and gardener/pool man are available to deal with any problems that arise. Outside: There is 2000m of outside space. There's a portable barbecue, a teak dining table which seats up to 12 people. There are 8 good quality sun loungers and a reclining chair, a drinks area with a table and chairs a table tennis table and a boules pitch. The private swimming pool is 10m x 5m, unheated, and has access via a set of steps attached to the side. There are large grassed areas, and lots of tiled space. The garden is now 7 years old and maturing nicely, with plenty of mature evergreen oaks, cypress trees, olive trees and a selection of fruit trees. There's a herb garden. Utility Room: 2 freezers, washing machine, extra fridge Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and bed linen are included. Pool towels are provided. Property cleaned and linen changed weekly. Locally managed by our agent.