Cottage in Hay-on-Wye, Powys, Wales - 10 Minutes To Local Market Town Hill Walks From The Door
The Birches Holiday Cottage is a recently renovated large stone farmhouse incorporating modern comforts with original 17th century features. The property is secluded and within easy walking distance of the Black Mountains. It is a short 10 min drive from the world renowned bookshop town of Hay-On-Wye. The Birches is an ideal spot for hill walking, mountain biking, horse riding, paragliding, golfing or canoeing or to enjoy spectacular scenery. This 4 bed cottage is idyllically located in the middle of a hill farm which straddles the English / Welsh Border and the farmland joins the foothills of the Black Mountains which gives stunning views of the surrounding countryside. There is ample private parking, a courtyard with a stream running through and a spacious garden. There are spectacular views towards Hay Bluff to the rear and open countryside in front. Brecon Beacons National Park, Offas Dyke and the National Bridleway / Cycleway are all a stones throw away.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you. We very much enjoyed our stay. Alas, we used the evaluations sheets for score cards for Scrabble tournament. But take it from us that it was a lovely cottage, roomy and comfortable and attractive. Everything was good.
Just to say a very big thank you for all your help returning my clothes and an extended thank you for making my families stay at the Birches such a memorable one we will definitely be returning next year but promise to take all belongings with me.
We had a lovely time at The Birches near Hay. Lovely cottage and much roomier than we had expected. Tastefully decorated, very comfortable and in a fabulous location - lovely scenery and so peaceful and cosy. We relaxed and really got away from the Rat Race.
Activity and Interests
Hay-On-Wye 3.5 miles
Hereford 18 miles
Abergavenny 18 miles
Hay Bluff 1 mile
Offas Dyke 1 mile
Brecon Beacons National Park
The Birches is located in Herefordshire on the English / Welsh border within easy access of the picturesque Golden Valley and Arthurs Stone where legend says King Arthur slay a giant. The rolling hills of the Black Mountains and expanse of the Brecon Beacons National park, one of the countries breathing spaces are within easy reach. The Birches is nestled within a small valley enjoying sun on the enclosed garden and shelter from the elements by Hay Bluff whilst enjoying panoramic views. Excellent access is available to footpaths directly from the property and there is easy access to Offas Dyke.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please email enquiry and a booking form will be sent.
A 25% deposit is required to secure the booking and the balance 6 weeks before the start of the holiday.
a £150 refundable damages deposit is required 2 weeks before the start of the holiday.
Saturday but flexible
Notes on prices:
Short stay pricing is available on request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs has a family bathroom with WC, bath and shower. Downstairs there is a further shower room with wc and cubicle shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 with twin beds Bed 2 with a double bed Bed 3 with twin beds Bed 4 with a king bed
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Dogs are accepted between January and April as this is Sheep country. The cottage is on a working farm and occasionally animals will be on the yard. Outside: There is an enclosed private garden with barbecue and garden furniture Utility Room: Fridge Freezer Washing Machine Airer Sink / Drainer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and hand and bath towels are included. Linen is supplied for each week of the stay and cleaned between stays. Other: Dining Room Ipod Dock Activity Room Payphone Explorer Map Board Games