House in Peak District - Ashford in the Water, Nr. Bakewell, Derbyshire, England - Spacious Contemporary Accommodation, Large Garden, Village Centre With Great Shop And Pubs
Bridge End is luxury self-catering designed for urbane sensibilities in rural surroundings. Situated at the heart of the beautiful Peak District village of Ashford-in-the-Water, Bridge End sleeps 8 in 4 comfortable double bedrooms. It is stylish & comfortable, has large & luxurious communal space & is perfect for gatherings of family & friends. The River Wye runs along the bottom of the large garden, which offers a truly restful environment. It is a beautiful house where you will want to spend time. You can relax at Bridge End, making use of the Games Room, or playing croquet & barbecuing in the garden; or explore the spectacular Peak District with the amazing range of activities & interests on offer. We are sure you will have a truly relaxing and memorable time here. There are many spectacular walks from the doorstep, & Monsal Head, Dale & Trail are minutes away, as are Chatsworth House, Bakewell & Buxton. Ashford has excellent amenities including 2 pubs & an award-winning deli/shop.
Top Traveller Review
Top class accommodation
Thank you Olivia .
About the Owner
Through my work I have travelled widely & stayed in some lovely hotels, villas and guest houses; I have also stayed in some that were not so lovely. The birth of my baby 2 years ago forced a work/lifestyle change. I returned to live in Ashford-in-the-Water. Bridge End came up for sale & presented an opportunity to own a house in a prime location in the middle of my beautiful village. Bridge End was built in 1962 & its design was influenced by the Mid-Century Modern movement. I extended & renovated it to create a light-filled, contemporary space offering stylish luxury in a rural idyll. Taking all my experience of rental & hotel hospitality, I wanted to create a place I would love to stay with friends or family.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'It blends the quality feel of a city
penthouse into the surroundings of a
charming Derbyshire village. The cottage
has been immaculately refurbished.
'It looks like one of those places you see
in the Sunday supplements' as my elderly
father put it. I'd call it 5 star. Get in quick,
'A wonderfully presented property.'
'Amazing house - we loved our stay here,
lovely 5 star experience.'
'We have spent a perfect week here in
this fantastic house. It has been most
'Despite the great local pubs, it's the sort
of kitchen that makes you want to live
out your Masterchef one-upmanship.
Spacious, beautifully appointed, and then
a delightful marble table indoor dining
area overlooking the garden.'
2 holidaymaker reviews
Top class accommodation
We chose this accommodation for 4 couples in order that we could walk in the marvellous area. To say we were impressed is an understatement! Every aspect of a self catering break had been thought of and more. The style and quality of the furnishings and facilities is second to none, and it was spotlessly clean throughout. You can clearly see that a lot of thought has gone into this project. Each of the 4 couples were blown away by this wonderful home and wished we could have stayed longer. Olivia was a pleasure to deal with and kept us updated throughout the booking process. Our deposit was quickly returned after the stay was over. We used this as a base for walking but Bakewell and Chatsworth House are also close by and easy to get to.
Thank you Olivia .
I can't recommend Bridge End highly enough. The house is absolutely amazing in the most perfect spot. It is beautifully decorated and impeccably clean with everything you could possibly need. If it wasn't for the beautiful walks on the doorstep I don't think we would have left the house! Treat yourself to a week at this fabulous place, I guarantee you will leave feeling ready to face anything. :-)
From the Owner
“Bridge End is a stunning contemporary house in a rural idyll. It is perfectly located in a prime central spot in the picturesque village of Ashford-in-the-Water - one of the most beautiful villages in the Peak District. Bridge End has a beautiful lawned garden & the river Wye runs along its edge, creating a lovely serene atmosphere in the garden & house. The village is a traditional Derbyshire village which has managed to retain its essential amenities - 2 great pubs serving great food & a well-stocked shop are minutes walk away. Some of the most spectacular Peak District walks from the door step - up to Monsal Head & Dale; Chatsworth House is 10 minutes drive away; the Monsal Trail is 5 minutes drive, as is the old market town of Bakewell.”
Activity and Interests
East Midlands airport, 75 minutes drive. Manchester airport 75 minutes drive.
Bridge End is located in the centre of Ashford village. It is 2 miles to Bakewell town. 8 miles to Buxton town. 4 miles to Chatsworth House. 10 miles to Castleton. 15 miles to Chesterfield.
Ashford has an award winning very well stocked grocery and newsagents shop; a post office; 2 pubs, both serving food; a hotel and restaurant; and a cafe. Bakewell is 5 minutes drive away and has delis, bakeries, butchers, a supermarket, an array of shops, newsagents, 2 pharmacies, a post office and chocolate factory and shop. There are several banks and building societies, restaurants and cafes. Ashford is at the heart of the Peak District. There are stunning walks from the doorstep. Chatsworth House is 10 minutes drive away, where the house, gardens, park, farm yard & adventure playground offer days of fun for all. Arbor Low stone henge is 15 minutes drive. The Blue John caves at Castleton are 30 minutes drive away. Carsington Water which offers a variety of activities from walking, to cycling to sailing, is 30 minutes drive away. Bike access to the Monsal Trail - a great cycling and walking trail for all levels is 5 minutes drive away where there is bike hire and a great cafe at Hassop Station Cafe. Great climbing can be found at Froggatt Edge 15 minutes away. David Mellor Design is located at Hathersage, 20 minutes away.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
1 Nov 2016 - 19 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
20 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
- Booking Notes:
Please see my website for availability - bridgeendashford.com - where there is an up to date availability & booking calendar & Terms & Conditions of a stay. Book online through my website or by email or phone. A reservation is made by paying the deposit of 30% of the full price. The balance is due 8 weeks before the start date of the booking. If booked within 8 weeks of the start date payment of the full balance is required. A £200 returnable deposit is payable at the time of balance payment.
Check-in time is 1500 on start date of booking. Check-out is 1000 on end date of booking.
Notes on prices:
For current availability please visit the "Booking" section on the owner's website bridgeendashford.com, and click on the "Availability and booking" link where you will be taken to the up-to-date availability calendar.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Bridge End has a special atmosphere. Perhaps due to the river flowing at the bottom of the garden, singing into the garden & house, casting a special light. Perhaps it is Ashford, with its Medieval sheep wash bridge, visible from the river bank glade at Bridge End. The living areas at Bridge End are open-plan & flow into each other; all have floor to ceiling windows & doors, ensuring a lovely light-filled space. A lot of attention has been paid to detail; everything has been chosen because it combines style & comfort. I have sought to ensure that it is a place you will want to spend time when the weather is inclement, so there are two log burners to curl up in front of, a selection of board games & DVDs, a games room with pool & table football & a fabulous kitchen to create in.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Large family bathroom with walk-in shower, bath, basin & lavatory. The master bedroom ensuite has bath with over shower, lavatory & basin. Bedroom 3 has ensuite with shower, lavatory & basin. Separate shower room with walk-in shower and a separate WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 bedrooms: 3 with super king size beds which can be configured as singles or doubles, and one with a king size double bed. 2 are ensuite. In addition up to 2 travel cots with full sets of cotton bedding are available for infants.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: For availability please see the up to date booking calendar on my website - bridgeendashford.com. The house is centrally heated and there are two log burners - in the Day Room & the Sitting Room; an initial supply of kindling & logs is provided. A selection of DVDs, books & indoor & outdoor games are provided for all ages. Accommodation is all on one level. No pets and no smoking permitted. There is a river at the bottom of the garden; there is a low wall and gated access. Children are very welcome, but should be supervised at all times. The owner does not accept responsibility for accidents. Outside: The large lawned garden runs down to the river. There is a low wall and gated access to a seated area on the river bank. Children are welcome at bridge end, but parents are asked to supervise them at all times due to the riverside location. The owner cannot accept liability for accidents. There is a sun terrace along the living area of the house, with sun loungers and outside dining table and chairs for 8. A barbecue is provided. A range of outdoor games is provided including croquet, giant jengo, quoits and traditional children's games. Utility Room: There is a separate utility room with large Belfast sink, washer/dryer, airer, vacuum cleaner and cleaning equipment and products, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Top quality cotton towels & bed linen are provided. Cleaning equipment, products, washer dryer & iron & board are all provided. FOR STAYS OF OVER A WEEK: bed linen change is included for second week & cleaning can be arranged at additional cost. Other: The stylish Games Room is a separate space with sofa, IPod dock, pool and table football.