House in Bargemon, Var, Cote DAzur, France - Three Minute Walk To Village Square, 4 Minutes To Terraced Garden And 5 Minutes To Swimming Pool
The property was built several hundred years ago and features stone arches, stone walls and wooden beams. It is on four floors including the Rez de Chausee but has fairly steep stairs to upper floors. There is a large terrace on the top floor giving spectacular views particularly south over the village of Clavier and towards the mountains and sea. It has an excess of character and some allowance must be made for the fact that it is a medieval building. From the Rez de Chausee which has a toilet, stairs lead to a ground floor bedroom more suitable for children and the principal two first floor bedrooms with bathroom. Stairs then lead to the second floor with kitchen, toilet/shower room, dining room and sitting room. The final stairs lead to a large day room with sink and grainer bedroom with French windows opening onto a large terrace. A five minute walk from the house takes you to the garden with a large summer kitchen, rest room and bathroom. The house is not suitable for persons who have difficulty with stairs.
About the Owner
Retired couple whose main residence is in Speyside in Scotland and who have owned a medieval town house for over 30 years in Bargemon, Provence. With four children, we purchased the house in Bargemon over 35 years ago when based in Brussels and now spend some time there in the Spring and Autumn.
Guestbook comments from the owner
LM from Finland"We absolutely loved the house-kids especially.Village was very nice and people were very friendly. We think the house was actually better than we expected. All facilities were there as needed. I suggest at least one photo of the house from outside and a few more from inside since it was so beautiful" Claire from London "We had such a gorgeous week in Bargemon and the house was really lovely, it was extremely sad to leave! We found the house very comfortable, roomy and well equipped, and really it's hard to think of ways to improve it. The terrace with the incredible view was gorgeous. It was a very relaxing week and we would definitely recommend it to others."
From the Owner
“We wanted a medieval hill-top village in Provence within an hour's drive of the sea but also close enough to the skiing slopes. The village is easily accessed being an hour's drive from Nice airport. It is a perfect Provencal village with stunning views and a lovely village swimming pool open during the summer months. The village is thriving with weekly markets similar to the surrounding villages. There is a music festival each year with concerts in several of the surrounding towns and villages.”
Activity and Interests
Saint Maxim is about an hour's drive south from which a ferry can be taken to St Tropez or it will take about an additional half hour to drive there
Nice is about an hour's drive from the village; about 30 minutes to the motorway and about 30 minutes on the motorway.
The largest town is Draguignan about 30 minutes drive away or Le Muy which is smaller close to the motorway. The Gorge du Verdon is a spectacular drive within 45 minutes. Lac St Cassion and other areas suitable for swimming or picnics are within easy reach. Historical hilltop villages are everywhere some of which participate in music festivals.
Shopping requirements can be fully met in the village which has a tabac, boulangerie, charcuterie and a small well stocked super market. There is also a bank and the next village, Callas, has an ATM machine. There are numerable restaurants in the village and also in the surrounding countryside and other villages. Within a 20 minute drive there are innumerable wineries where wine can be bought en vrac if required.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
A deposit of 50% is required at time of booking with the balance payable four weeks before arrival. A deposit of £200 is required to cover damages which will be returned after the property is vacated.
Arrival and departure days and time are flexible but has to be agreed with local agent.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for two couples or a family of four. Prices can be reduced for a single person or couple or if a longer period than one week is required. Prices will be higher for more than two couples.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is situated on the ramparts of the village with stunning views south over Clavier down to the coast. On the top floor there is a large terrace. It is a two minute walk to the central square, cafes, restaurants, shop and boulangerie. The village swimming pool also has stunning views over the valley. The property has a lovely two terraced garden within a five minute walk with a summer kitchen and toilet facilities.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Toilet in rez de chaussee Bathroom on first floor with bath and shower Toilet and shower on second floor off kitchen
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor bedroom with twin beds - better reserved for children First floor large bedroom with double bed Smaller first floor bedroom with twin beds connecting to bathroom Top floor bedroom with double bed situated in the old attic or grainer
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The building is over several hundred years old and therefore enjoys the advantages and disadvantages of such a property and allowance must be made for this. For example the ground floor bedroom is lime rendered to allow the walls to breathe as plaster would flake off. From this bedroom there are stairs leading down to a cave used as a storage room but it has a small opening allowing air to circulate throughout the house. Outside: Within a 5 minute walk the walled garden can be accessed which is on two terraces. Entrance is into a cabanon with a large summer kitchen with fridge, small oven and hob and a large barbecue. It has a day room with bunk beds and a separate bathroom with toilet, bidet and shower. The village has a large swimming pool also within a 5 minute walk with lovely views over the valley. Utility Room: The rez de chaussee is a large area where items can be stored. Apart from the toilet it has a large double sink and benefits from a proper baby foot table. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen can be changed if rental period exceeds one week. Hand towels can be provided but beach towels are not provided. Additional towels can be provided if requested