House in Saint Meard De Gurcon, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France - Peaceful Rural Setting, 5 Minutes From The Local Village
The property where you will be staying is the original farmhouse, which has been converted to a high standard. It is situated in a quiet location in a secluded valley, with no passing traffic except to the farm next door, where the friendly neighbours cultivate the surrounding vineyards. The nearby ancient market town of Ste. Foy la Grande is situated ten minutes away on the banks of the beautiful Dordogne river.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Ideal for families is the local Lac de Gurson, about 20 minutes by car, a 70 acre leisure lake with a sandy beach and safe swimming, where you can picnic in the shade of the trees or eat at one of the lakeside cafés and restaurants. Activities include lakeside walks, a long water slide, pedalo hire, tennis and horse riding.
The nearest seaside beaches are on the Atlantic coast on the Medoc peninsula, around the Bassin d'Arcachon and on the Landes coast, all approximately 2 hours away.
CAR : You have the option of Eurotunnel to Calais or one of several Channel ferry crossings to French ports. The drive from Calais takes about ten hours, from Caen & Le Havre around seven to eight hours, and from St. Malo about six hours. Directions to Picot will be provided.
AIR : Regular services to nearby Bergerac Airport (30 minutes) and to Bordeaux Airport (60 minutes by car) are operated by various airlines from a number of UK airports. Car rental is available at both airports.
3 km to the nearest village of St. Méard de Gurçon for local shops
8 km to the nearest town of Ste. Foy la Grande for shops and supermarkets
25 km to the historic town of Bergerac on the Dordogne river
30 km to the medieval walled town of St. Emilion, famous for its wines and restaurants, and now a UNESCO world heritage site.
70 km to the beautiful city of Bordeaux on the Garonne river, full of museums, galleries, churches, shops, restaurants and a fascinating medieval quarter.
Just 15 minutes away is our local town of Sainte-Foy-la-Grande, which has its origins in the 13th Century. It still has its "Bastide" around the main square and many old timbered and towered buildings. The whole area was involved in the Hundred Years War, when possession of towns and villages would change back and forth between the French and the English.
Sainte Foy is famous for its Saturday market when the town is filled with all kinds of market stalls displaying a variety of products including local cheeses and other delicacies. The town is situated on the banks of the beautiful Dordogne river, and you have the option of many activities in the area - fishing, canoe & kayak hire, pleasure boat trips, bike hire, tennis & horse riding.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
To reserve the property at Picot, please request, complete and return the Booking Form. The booking will be confirmed on receipt of a £200 non-refundable booking deposit. Payment of the rental balance will be due 8 weeks prior to arrival, together with a £200 refundable security deposit.
Saturday is changeover day. Arrivals between 15.00 and 20.00. Departure by 10.00 on the last day.
Notes on prices:
Other dates and short breaks by arrangement with the owners.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs Bathroom with bath, separate shower,washbasin, wc Downstairs Bathroom with shower, washbasin, wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with twin beds Bedroom 3 with twin beds In addition, a travel cot is available for a young child
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outside: The gite garden has a terrace with awning providing shade for a table and chairs for meals outdoors, and a barbecue. There is a lawn area with rotary clothes drier. The large 10 x 6 metre swimming pool is reserved for the exclusive use of the gite guests. The pool has a depth of one metre at the shallow end and then slopes to 2 metres at the deep end, so it can be enjoyed by small children and non-swimmers as well as the more experienced. There are Roman steps for easy access, or where you can just sit and cool off. A tile-roofed gazebo by the pool, with sun loungers, table & chairs provides welcome shade from the sun. There is a table-tennis table and a chest of pool toys. The pool area is fenced, with a security gate and pool alarm for child safety, and is surrounded by flowering and scented plants. Utility Room: Washing machine, dishwasher Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and tea towels are provided. Bath & pool towels can be provided by prior request, for an additional charge. Linen is changed weekly. The property is thoroughly cleaned before arrival, thereafter cleaning is the responsibility of the guests.