Bungalow in Newport On Tay, Fife, Scotland - A Peaceful Village/Town Location But Only A Few Minutes From All Amenities
'Tay For Two' is self contained, double glazed with full central heating and hot water on demand. It has one bedroom, lounge, kitchen, bathroom, hall and small room for storage. Please visit our own web site for more information. Situated on the hillside overlooking the banks of the silvery Tay, the Tay road and railway bridge and on the far shore the City of Dundee. A friendly welcome awaits you in this small but perfectly formed Scottish town. The pretty heritage town has all the local amenities at hand with the beautiful Scottish countryside on its doorstep. Easily reached by train, car or plane to Dundee city airport with good transport links to Glasgow, Edinburgh by train and many bus routes to all areas. The lochs, Fife coastal path and the renown golfing towns of St Andrews and Carnoustie only half an hour away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Ian and I live in London,England and purchased Tay for Two when our daughter move to Scotland with her husband and our two grandchildren. We visit as often as we can but due to other duties this is not as often as we would wish.
However we make no apologies for keeping Tay for Two well maintained and homely as we would wish to find it on our arrival and our local housekeeper helps us to keep the holiday home fresh and clean between rentals.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Date of Stay 21 July 2012
The cottage was in perfect condition as described, we have been enjoying the week we had and hope we will be able to come back one more time
Date of Stay 14 July 2012
- everything was as described and in perfect condition - very clean apartment - great location - quite place and superb view to the neighboring houses and tay - very friendly owner and housekeeper
Date of Stay 28 April 2012
We enjoyed our stay in this comfortable and nice holiday house very much. There is lot to explore: New Port on Tay with few shops and a post office and actually one Pub and a cafe, Dundee with the Bridge View Restaurant, Stonehaven and stunning Dunnotar Castle about 60 miles in the north and of course a walk at the beach of Tentsmuir. Don't miss St. Andrews, famous for the Cathedrale (destroyed about 500 years ago, but the ruins are gorgeous) and the oldest golf course in the world.
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“Tay for Two is a delightful self contained bungalow in the Heritage town of Newport on Tay,situated on the south bank of the River Tay and looking over to Dundee City with the Sidlaw Hills over to the west. With excellent transport links this is a wonderful area to discover the East of Scotland. Many destinations can be reached by bus from outside your front door and Dundee bus and train stations. Glasgow , Aberdeen and Edinburgh all but an hour away by train. St Andrews, Carnoustie and many other Golfing clubs are situated nearby and with the Fife Coastal Path running from Tay bridge round the coast down to Edinburgh their are great opportunities for walking and cycling as well as many other activies.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking and cycling:
I put these together as its very possible in this area that where you can go walking you can also cycle due to the extensive cycle routes, two of which The Salmon run and The Firth of Forth are available at Tay For Two, only for the serious though.
Of course the obvious route is The Fife Coastal Path which runs from the foot of the Tay road bridge southwards around the coast and ends at North Queensferry, the Fourth road bridge I’ve never done the whole route but Tayport and into Tentsmuir forest is an very enjoyable day out the beach is vast backed by sand dunes and then disappearing into dense forest of varying types. Can be reach by car but take a £2 coin for the car park barrier, lasts all day and there are toilets in the car park/picnic area.
Waterfront only 5 minutes walk on high street, Wormit beach (river) 5 minutes drive, Tentsmuir Forest and beach (sea) with wonderful birdwatching, 20 minutes bus or car. St Andrews 25 minutes by car or 30 minutes by bus from outside the front door.
Boughty Ferry Town, Castle museum and beach 35 minutes (river).
Dundee has an airport that receives flights daily from London City airport the flight time is just over the hour and and as the plane is small and of low altitude the views on a clear day coming into land over the river Tay, are spectacular.
East Coast trains from Kings cross to Dundee take on average five and a half hours depending on the scheduled stops usually; Peterborough, Doncaster, York , Newcastle, Edinburgh. Choose a direct train if you can though.
You can save a lot on fares if you book on East Coast web site up to 3 months in advance and reserve your seats.
You can also travel from Euston on Virgin trains via Glasgow. The journey on the west coast may be faster but you have to change at Glasgow to get to Dundee. By car, easy just off the A92 dual carriageway South of the Tay road bridge. Directions will be given.
By cycle! Phew your brave. Let the train take the strain but don’t forget to book your bike in.
Please view my calendar below for available dates, it is constantly updated, however dates that are tentative are not marked on the Public calendar until the booking deposit is received. Therefore an early deposit secures the dates and marks then unavailable to others.
We are constantly updating the facilities available and we try to give the best value for rates quoted.
Please visit our own web site for more information and any extra offers available which I cannot add to this site.
There is a good reception for mobile phones. Wireless Broadband with 32' Smart TV.
Also there is a small Epson printer available with disc (driver details) and paper.
Apart from all the creature comforts of home,the situation of Tay for two offers a vast range of opportunities to explore the Kingdom of Fife and the Angus countryside as well as the lively bustling city of Dundee and all its amenities.
There are excellent travel connections to Dundee, Perth, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen by train or coach, also there are many bus services from Dundee bus station to all parts of Fife and Angus.
Tay for two is warm and comfortable in winter on return from a day participating in one of many outdoor activities: fishing, birdwatching , walking, cycling, shooting and golf.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A £50 deposit is requested at time of reservation via online booking facility, available on "Home page" of own web site.
SECURE ONLINE BOOKING FACILITY AVAILABLE from home page of personal web site www.tayfortwo.co.uk
Bank transfer or by credit card via Paypal button on my own web site booking page.
A £100 (refundable) damage deposit will also be payable at time of balance paid. Except for late bookings when full payment will be required at time of booking.
Preferred changeover day during Mid and High season is Friday or Saturday,this depends on previous or following week bookings. Please note that we only take full week bookings from May to Oct inclusive. At all other times a MINIMUM of three nights.
Notes on prices:
Please contact me if the required dates are within six weeks or for lets of two weeks or over in duration as a discount may often be possible.
Please note that I do NOT usually accept rental periods of over four weeks as this is a HOLIDAY HOME.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Tay for two is located in a quite area away from the hustle and bustle of life while at the same time having all the creature comforts of home and all the amenities available.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Television ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- city centre
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Small bath with integral seat, French bath.Overhead showert
- The fully tiled bathroom has a French bath with integrated seat and overhead shower unit, toilet and wash basin, shaver unit and fan. All towels included. The hot water is on demand even when the heating is off during the summer.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Lounge - 1 Cot, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Double ,adult size
- Bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Double or two Singles, zip linked bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom is well equipped and has a 6ft zip and linked bed which can be made up as two single beds or a extra large king sized bed. A double futon in the lounge. Duvets, pillows and bedlinen included.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The friendly town of Newport's main street is only a short walk away where the local shops, bank, post office, cafe’s, churches, bar & restaurant, hairdressers and beauticians, fish and chip shop and Chinese take away are all at your disposal and this is just in Newport, over the bridge in Dundee all the amenities of a large city. Outside: There is a pretty flower garden around the front porch that is fenced with an entrance gate. The front and back garden are un-enclosed and laid to lawn and has the Sun in the afternoon and evening. The Sun sets behind Dundee over the Tay. The rear area has a rotary dryer. Unfortunately No Pets Allowed At Any Time Utility Room: A small room contains garden furniture, coat rack and storage space for golf clubs, fishing tackle, etc. A small varied collection of reading material and a selection of ordnance survey maps, cycling and walking routes. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed-kitchen linen, towels and cleaning included. The property is thoroughly cleaned between each let and a change of linen is included at the end of the first week on a two week rental. Other: A Dimplex Optiflame convector fire for the cooler Summer evenings, a large dining table and seating for four. Digital TV and DVD/Video player including a small collection of videos and CDs. A small music centre that has MP3 connectivity. Games, Jigsaws.