Villa with private pool - edge of village location in beautiful Arillas, North West, Corfu, Greece - Peaceful Location yet Close Enough Should you Wish to Dip your Toes into the Facilities of Arillas
FIND US DIRECT ONLINE FOR SPECIAL PRICE FRIDAY 1st - FRIDAY 8th JULY!
Described by guests as "offering a true sense of a place" Villa Linakis with private pool and pool bar is an elegant & stunning country house by the sea, a dream for families and couples alike.
It's easy to see why we have guests returning year on year - privacy is assured, being completely un-overlooked by other residential/business enterprises - and yet the villa is located only a short distance (1.7km) from the Blue Flag beach, water sports, shops, tavernas and restaurants of Arillas. This villa uniquely offers a comfortable walking distance to the centre of Arillas.
Villa Linakis is exceptionally comfortable and well equipped:
Upstairs is a large open plan kitchen/dining living area which leads out onto a beautifully furnished terrace. The perfect spot for pre-dinner drinks and to wonder at the clarity of the stars in the unpolluted night sky.
On the lower level Villa Linakis boasts a large hall with sitting areas, 3 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, easily accommodating up to 6 adults, plus baby.
The generous proportions give the interior a very spacious appeal, as well as creating a truly aesthetically pleasing environment for your holiday.
Step outside to the well furnished and spacious pool area which includes a pool bar with kitchen for al-fresco dining - show off your grill skills on our huge traditional brick BBQ! Chill out and relax on your sunbed with it's comfortable thick mattress, when it all gets too hot, step into in the gorgeous mosaic tiled pool. Watch the crystal clear water sparkle when stirred by a gentle breeze.. The 2000sq mt colourful garden, courtyard and grounds provide a variety of sitting areas where each guest can escape to for quiet moments of peace and tranquility in sun or shade.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Keith & I live in the beautiful Scottish Borders, just 40 minutes from our home City of Edinburgh & where our children & grandchildren live. We are fortunate also to have a home which we rent out on the equally beautiful island of Corfu.
We take tremendous pride in our villa and to ensure you have the best of service we are supported by a wonderful team in Corfu who do key handovers, cleaning, maintenance, recommending places to visit/dine and assist with anything else which may crop up.
After deciding on Corfu for our second home we ‘found’ Arillas & instantly fell in love with our plot of land, we knew immediately it was perfect for us & our family.
We pride ourselves in that building a rental villa we were ‘pioneers’ in our area of Corfu. Our instincts proved correct & verified by our happy returning guests
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Absolutely stunned when we arrived at the villa. Magnificent property. Spacious inside and outdoor area was fabulous too. No shortage of sunbeds for the amount of people it accommodated comfy cushion pads too. Outdoor bar area with its own fridge and washing up area so we weren't running up and downstairs. The villa was absolutely spotlessly clean. I will definitely return with other members of my family.
Villa Linakis - everything we dreamed off & more
We had been recommended Villa Linakis by a work colleague who had stayed in 2014, so on the strength of too many tea breaks listening to the glories of the villa and Arillas we booked it to celebrate a family occasion. Well, we loved Arillas and absolutely loved the villa so much we didn't want to leave.
It is so well knitted out for children, right down to buggy, bed guard and so much else, my four year old niece played with all the toys and was happy in the afternoon to play indoors in the cool massive hall, so near for us to keep a watchful eye on her (sorry Eileen, I think the teaset and toy cars are muddled up with buckets and spades!)
The bbq is enormous and we made full use of it, including the bar if you must know.
Nothing is too much for the owners, they did so much to make sure our celebration was a success, taking us to the supermarket for bbq food and drink, to organising a celebration cake, a beautician to treat my daughter in law to a pampering session. We were pretty full on and yet this Scottish couple coped with us with enormous patience!!!!
We are going back to Linakis in 2017, get ready for us!
Home from Home
What a wonderful villa, the space and seclusion were just what we needed and yet a couple of minutes in the car we were at the beach with a small selection of restaurants, the resort is small but very welcoming and with a lovely clean beach. The villa itself was probably the best equipped villa we've ever stayed in and the pool area was wonderful even better at night all lit up whilst utilising the barbecue and outdoor kitchen. Thanks for a lovely holiday and we hope to return soon.
No 1 Favourite Villa Linakis
We have just booked for our 4th visit to Villa Linakis. What can I say....it really is superb! Clean, and beautifully decorated. The rooms are good sizes, and are ideal for families, or couples sharing. No one quibbling over who gets the small room! Each room has a terrace, so everyone can have their own space, and privacy. The upper lounge has a lovely terrace giving fantastic views over the valley….terrific sunsets. The lounge is open plan with kitchen, dining area, and comfy sofas to relax in. The pool area is bigger than some apartment pools we have stayed in. No fighting over the sun-beds, umbrellas etc. and a fantastic hammock. (We did fight over whose turn it was to have the hammock!). Lovely Al Fresco dining area, and pool bar area. The villa is supplied with everything you could possibly need for a fantastic holiday. We first visited Villa Linakis in 2007, and each time we return there is always something new to discover. The owners Eileen and Keith keep the property immaculate, and act on any feedback from guests to ensure that their Villa is very special. We can’t wait to return in May.
villa linakis. ... stunning!
As soon as you arrive at Villa Linakis, you can't help but smile! The décor is beautiful and everything has been thought of to make your holiday as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. You can wake up and have breakfast outside your bedroom or upstairs on the balcony and enjoy the amazing Arillas views. The pool area caters for everyone with its own pool bar. There is also a great stone barbeque which is easy to use... lovely to have some al fresco dining by the poolside! The bedrooms are a great size and one is en-suite. The villa is a short walk away from the local shops, bars and restaurants. The locals are very friendly and helpful, plus the food is amazing and the tomatoes are massive! There is a great place to book outings and tours to other towns and you can also hire quad bikes to get around to see even more! Villa Linakis is everything you need and would want to enjoy a relaxing holiday, whether you like going out and about seeing the local area, or if you enjoy a quiet poolside holiday... You can have it all. Arillas is a must see place and a place you will always go back to! Thanks you Eileen and Keith for keeping such a beautiful villa and being so helpful. Our holiday was amazing and we will be back!
From the Owner
“Corfu for us is the ideal location to own a holiday home in that it allows us to drive there as well as using one of the many flights available from the UK. It’s a good drive from the UK, enjoyable and fairly straightforward. If you like the idea of driving to Corfu please feel free to ask for details. Corfu has everything we love about Greece. Friendly locals, great food, local wine, verdant hills & valleys, hidden beaches, turquoise seas, ancient villages & the sense of adventure when discovering somewhere new, even after too numerous visits to count! As a family, we love Arillas on the North West of Corfu for it’s rugged beauty, the stunning sunsets and scenery, it’s unpretentious and last but not least... the welcoming locals who live there and give it soul ~ as opposed to being just another holiday resort.”
Activity and Interests
The Ionian Islands region:
Corfu 'The Gem of the Ionian'...Corfu is the northernmost and second largest of the Ionian Islands, considered by many to be the True Gem of the Ionian.
Corfu's Mediterranean summers and mild winters with relative rainfall ensure a lush fertile landscape predominated with olive trees and luxuriant flora. Cypress trees, groves of oranges, lemons, fig trees and grapes also grow in abundance in this westernmost part of Greece. Catering for all tastes Corfu is fringed by sandy beaches and shingle coves yet visitors are never far from traditional inland villages untouched by tourism.
The Corfu / Arillas area:
Arillas in north west Corfu is renowned for its beauty, friendliness and honesty of its villagers.
Facing the Ionian Sea, Arillas sits at the bottom of a valley with a backdrop of hills; snuggly nestled in between the headlands of Agios Stephanos to the north and Agios Georgios to the south. Arillas beach for the past 10 years has been awarded the coveted 'Blue Flag' by the European Community for its cleanness and for water quality.
Gently shelving it is ideal for children. Lazy days can be spent on the soft sand beach where sun beds/parasols are available for hire, whilst water sports are available for the more energetic
Lining the beach you will find a variety of locally owned tavernas providing refreshments and delicious homemade Corfiot food, an ideal location for people watching and cooling of after a long morning on the beach!
Evenings are centred on the many tavernas and restaurants, a surprising number for a resort of this size! The north west of Corfu is renowned for its sunsets. Take a table in a seafront restaurant, watch the sun going down over the sea behind the Diapontia islands of Erikousa, Mathraki and Othoni.
A FEW THINGS TO DO…
AT VILLA LINAKIS:
• Unwind in peace and tranquillity in your own small piece of heaven.
• Relax on a sunlounger by the pool, doze in the hammock, read a book whilst gently swinging in hammock chair in porch or olive grove.
• Enjoy the scents and colours of our plants, shrubs and fruit trees.
• Watch the antics of the birds and in May/early June the enchanting show of the fireflies, the fluttering of the butterflies and look out for our shy families of Geckos and Lizards.
• In the calm of the night, sitting by the pool, listen to the birds, bees, crickets, cicadas and the strange night time calls of the Scops Owl.
• Enjoy the night sky in it’s full glory – no light pollution here!
• Wonderful walks from the villa or simply stroll the circular walk around Arillas.
• Eating and drinking in the large variety of local restaurants and tavernas.
• Stunning seaside villages and historic inland villages in this most beautiful of islands.
• Land of three million olive trees.
• The regions rustic home made wines to be sampled at most restaurants.
• Energetic pursuits: swimming, cycling, walking, diving, water sports, golf, horse riding, water parks.
• Boat trips to the Diapontian Islands, or hire a motor boat and sail down coast to Paleocastritsa.
It is a pleasant 10 minute stroll from the villa to the local bakery where you can purchase freshly baked bread, rolls, cakes and savory pastries. Next door to the bakery is a mini-market where guests can stock up on local olives, feta cheese and olive oil.
For the ultimate convenience our chef can provide delicious Corfiot meals delivered fresh to the villa.
In-villa Swedish massage available: Relax and unwind in the expert hands of our massage and beauty therapist. Have the knots and tension kneaded away, revitalize your skin, and enjoy some time just for you. Further details on request.
3 x weekly pool cleaning.
Detailed driving instructions (including photographs) from the airport to the villa are
provided upon booking.
*****CHECK OUT OUR VILLA LINAKIS PAGE ON FACEBOOK*****
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 31 May 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
LATE DEAL FOR JUNE: WEEKLY RATE REDUCED FROM £1595 to £1200.
Book with Confidence: Enjoy a relaxing and secure villa holiday experience by booking direct with the owners. It's our 11th year of renting with many returning guests every year.
Payment by bank transfer in GBP.
At time of booking we require 10% deposit*. Balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival at villa.
*Full payment is required if less than 8 weeks to arrival date.
Car hire recommendations/taxi & minibus hire can be provided. All fares payable direct to driver.
Notes on prices:
Don't miss out - limited availability for 2015 at Villa Linakis:
SPECIAL OFFER: OVER £500 DISCOUNT ON USUAL PRICE - Sunday 31st May 7 nights reduced now £950!
SPECIAL OFFER: Sunday 14th June - Thursday 18th June 4 NIGHTS £428
Saturday 29th August - Monday 7th September
Monday 21st September - Saturday 10th October.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa Linakis is close enough to the facilities of Arillas & its Blue Flag beach to be walk-able, yet far enough to enjoy peace, privacy & tranquility of it's unique location. It's the simple pleasures that matter: • Ten minute walk to the local bakers & mini-market. Fresh bread and croissants-what a great start to the day! • Take a table at a seafront restaurant, sit back, relax & appreciate the elemental beauty of a unique & ever-changing seascape. • At the villa make a ritual of enjoying a 'sundowner' whilst watching the birds swoop to get their last feed of the day & the bats their first. We set out to create a property with a nod to it's Greek origins, thus we take it is a huge compliment & endorsement to hear our guests say Villa Linakis has "a true sense of a place".”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large family bathroom next to twin bedrooms has walk-in shower and full sized bath, sink and WC. Spacious en-suite to the master bedroom with walk-in shower, sink and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 + baby. 3 generous size bedrooms. 2 bathrooms Notes on bedrooms: 3 large bedrooms. Master-bedroom has a large four door wardrobe offering ample storage space. Own patio garden. The twin bedrooms both have walk in wardrobes & large balcony. All bedrooms have air-con/minisafe/hairdryer and hi-fi with docking station.
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Sitting on the edge, yet within walking distance of Arillas, you have the best of both worlds – a get away from it all holiday in your own villa with pool, but close to the Blue Flag beach, water sports, shops, tavernas & restaurants of this small resort. Air conditioned. Shuttered windows keep rooms cool for your comfort. Full central heating. Welcome pack included. As expected all kitchen, laundry, bathroom basics supplied here. Large library of DVDs and books. 3 adults mountain bikes + 1 child mountain bike. Xbox & games. Also supplied: WiFi. Hifi & docking station, hairdryers, safe in all bedrooms. Pool towels. We like to think we've thought of most things (there's even fresh mint grown for Mojitos!) & of course it all helps with your baggage allowance! Baby equipment free of charge: Cot (linen supplied) Travel cot/playpen Highchair Bouncy chair Changing table Buggy & Pushchair & sun shades Monitor Safety gate Microwave Steam Steriliser Bedguard Playmat Outside: Large tiled pool with picturesque olive grove backdrop. Pool bar & large traditional BBQ...perfect for your very own pool parties! Very generous lounging area around pool with a variety of seating/lounging styles to choose from and includes 2 dining area for al fresco dining. Both sit 6 comfortably in either shade or full sun. Sun loungers with thick cushions (guests remark they are the most comfortable they've every enjoyed in a holiday villa!). Sun umbrellas. Large hammock. Hammock chair. Seating area in olive grove. Well furnished balconies and terraces around the villa for lazing and chilling. Ambient lighting in and around the pool area for evening dining and relaxation, candles supplied too! Well stocked garden with large variety of flowers, shrubs and fruit trees...help yourself to our harvest! Large courtyard with two beautiful ancient olive trees, sitting areas and parking. *****CHECK OUT OUR VILLA LINAKIS PAGE ON FACEBOOK***** Utility Room: Utility room located downstairs houses central heating boiler; various essentials can be found here...washing m/c, iron & ironing board, clothes airer & laundry detergents, sewing kit, shoe polishing kit, bicycle pump, beach parasols, spare BBQ utensils. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels & bed linen provided. Pool/beach towels provided. Maid service twice per week. All our staff, housekeepers, pool attendant & gardener are unobtrusive & respect your privacy, but more than happy to help & offer advice about where to dine/visit. Other: The well furnished hall contains a tall bookcase with large collection of books, guide books & maps. A lounging area with sofa, reading lamp, side table with hi-fi. Under the staircase there is a small chill out area with tv/dvd player and XBox.