Farmhouse in Thouarsais Bouildroux, Vendee, Pays de la Loire, France - Rural Retreat
Tranquil rural retreat, an ideal place to get away from it all!
300 year old, two bedroom farmhouse with traditional oak beamed ceilings in a quiet hamlet close to the village of Thouarsais Bouildroux in the Vendee region of France.
Private pool and large gardens with pond for fishing.
Close to the west coast of France. with picturesque La Rochelle and popular resorts such as La Tranche Sur Mer and Les Sable D'Olonne are an hours drive away.
All accommodation on ground floor.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
we had a wonderful relaxing week at the Petit Fougeray and were very impressed with the character,charm and tranquillity of the property and it's surrounds. The weather stayed kind most of the time and included a couple of days of 32 C sunshine,a blustery day with 45 mph winds and a serious rain deluge on the Friday evening on our return from the Puy Du Fou.
We would definitely consider staying at the property again in the future and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to others.
Many thanks once again,
received August 2012
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
A great location for the wildlife enthusiast.
Great variety of bird species regularily seen ie barn owls, little owls, Montagues harrier, hoopoe.
In some years barn owls nest at the house and raise chicks. There is a built in nest camera and they can be watched from the comfort of the house. (this cannot be guaranteed for obvious reasons and there have been no chicks for the last two years)
About an hours drive to La Rochelle, les Sable D'Olonne and La Tranche Sur Mer
Nearest airports Nantes and La Rochelle both approx 1 hour away
Thoursais Bouildroux 15 minute walk to local bar
La Calliere nearest supermarket ,bakers shop, butcher and restaurant 5 minute drive
La Chataigneraie 15 min drive for nearest large supermarkets.
Puy de Fou 35 minutes away
Venice Vert 45 minutes away
Vouvant ( reputed to be one of the prettiest villages in France) and Mervent forest and reservoir 15 minutes away
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Booked Saturday to Saturday
20 % deposit on booking balance 8 weeks before start of holiday
Security deposit required to be paid by bank transfer at least 7 days before start of holiday
Saturday changeover arrivals after 4pm departure by 10 am
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- * Bathroom with bath, shower and separate W.C.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: * Bedroom one has a double bed and a 4ft large single/small double bed * Bedroom two has one double bed and two bunk beds.
- Bicycles ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Large private gardens with private 30ftx15ft x4ft pool Private pond for fishing Large lawn area for games BBQ In some years barn owls nest at the house and raise chicks. There is a built in nest camera and they can be watched from the comfort of the house.(this cannot be guaranteed for obvious reasons and we have been unlucky for the last two years!!) Utility Room: * Utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer, chest freezer and second drinks fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen available at cost of £15 per person per stay (not towels) Other: Private 30' x 15' by 4' swimming pool. Patio furniture BBQ Two adult mountain bikes and one BMX bike to use Large private garden. Private Pond for fishing.