Apartment in La Azohia, Cartagena, Murcia, Spain - Peaceful Location, Good Restaurants, Right On The Beach
This top floor apartment is located in the small fishing village of La Azohia in Mazarron Bay in one of Spain's sunniest regions Murcia, which boasts an average of 300 sunny days a year. The apartment is brand new having only been occupied for the first time in 2012 and enjoys top quality finishes and is fully furnished. The complex is call El Cabo which only has 22 units so will never feel over crowded. The apartment is on the 2nd and top floor and enjoys a large roof terrace spanning the length of the property. The location is superb, being right on the beach front ensuring great views of the Mediterranean sea in front and the mountains of Cabo Tinoso nature reserve behind. Being west facing, the terrace and balcony enjoy all day sunshine and beautiful sunsets over the water. There is air conditioning in the apartment as well as baby equipment if needed. The kitchen is fully kitted with all the appliances you would need.
About the Owner
About Jon Bishop
My name is Jon I live on the outskirts of London and have two lovely baby boys. I really enjoy the outdoors especially beach activities such as swimming, snorkelling and diving which led me to buy a beachfront property in Spain. I work in online marketing in London and in my spare time I can usually be found walking the boys and our chocolate Labrador or playing cricket.
Jon Bishop purchased this apartment in 2012
Why Jon Bishop chose Cartagena & Mar Menor
Murcia is an up an coming region in Spain with a lot of money being invested in infrastructure despite tough financial times in the country. All that boring stuff aside, I fell in love with La Azohia on a viewing trip to the area. It's location at the end of the bay, facing west into the setting sun and the authentic, quaint feel of the village makes it a really peaceful place to unwind and with the nature reserve behind the village, it will never get too built up like other parts of Spain. The restaurants, 300 days of sunshine and the choice of beaches in the area made it the perfect area to buy a property.
What makes this apartment unique
The property's main benefit is being so close to the beach. It means you don't have to pack up a car to get to the beach which is especially useful with babies. And even thought it's on the east coast, the apartment faces west so you get the most glorious sunsets over the water every night. The sun terrace being the perfect location to soak it all in from!
(1 traveller reviews)
we have spent the last 8 years on holiday in La Azohia and this apartment is in a Very good location within this very upmarket Spanish resort.The owners are very contactable and most helpful and understanding with all your needs at all times.
From the Owner
“Murcia is an up an coming region in Spain with a lot of money being invested in infrastructure despite tough financial times in the country. All that boring stuff aside, I fell in love with La Azohia on a viewing trip to the area. It's location at the end of the bay, facing west into the setting sun and the authentic, quaint feel of the village makes it a really peaceful place to unwind and with the nature reserve behind the village, it will never get too built up like other parts of Spain. The restaurants, 300 days of sunshine and the choice of beaches in the area made it the perfect area to buy a property.”
Activity and Interests
The beach right outside the apartment is pebble so not for swimming in. But just on the corner, 200 metres away is a beach for a quick dip.
The beach we use the most is a 5 minute walk away and is a proper sand beach with a gentle slope into the water making it safe for kids and badly swimming adults!
Another 5 minutes of walking and you are at the St Gines beach which is much bigger and wider and you can rent pedal boats and things like that in the Summer.
The nearest airport is Murcia which is a 2.5 hour flight from the UK. It is then a 45 minute drive to the apartment. A hire car is highly recommended.
The apartment is based in La Azohia village which is 15 minutes from Peurto Mazarron and about 20 mins from Cartagena which is large town with a lot of interesting sites.
La Azohia enjoys a handful of top quality bars and restaurants so there is always something good to eat and drink. Rockola is a bar on the beach that only opens in the summer but is literally right outside the front of the flat, talk about location! There is also a pretty well stocked supermarket a 5 minute walk away, just be aware of the siesta closing times, which they take very seriously in this part of Spain!
Peurto de Mazarron is a bigger town a simple 15 minute drive away and this is a good place to get to the bigger supermarkets to do a big shop if you need to. It also boasts blue flag beaches and a recently revamped marina, packed with great restaurants and bars and lots of fun and play areas for the kids.
The area is also quite famous for snorkelling and scuba diving and there are 3 dive centres in La Azohia, one two doors down from the apartment. Apparently there are a few shipwrecks and the water is really clear.
Back in the the port, you can also do boat trips to go on snorkelling safaris or go see some dolphins.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
23 Dec 2016 - 3 Dec 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We request a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rental price UK pounds, to secure the booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival. We advise guests to cover risk of cancellation in their own holiday insurance. Guests will be met at the property on arrival and provided with the keys.
Saturday is changeover day
Notes on prices:
Starting at £300 per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property's main benefit is being so close to the beach. It means you don't have to pack up a car to get to the beach which is especially useful with babies. And even thought it's on the east coast, the apartment faces west so you get the most glorious sunsets over the water every night. The sun terrace being the perfect location to soak it all in from!”
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The modern bathroom has a generous shower, basin, bidet and toilet. There is no bath.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: A double bed in room 1, two single beds in the 2nd room and a sofa bed in the lounge area. Two travel cots available at no further charge.
- Outside: The Mediterranean sea is so close to the penthouse that you could literally throw a stone into it from the rather generous roof terrace, which enjoys 360 degree views of the sea in front and of the beautiful mountains of the Cabo Tinoso nature reserve behind. There is a 6 seater table and umbrella on the roof terrace and sun loungers can be arranged if required. There is also a large inflatable pool that you can set up on the roof terrace if you like. There is a smaller balcony with a sea view next to the kitchen that is great for having breakfast and dinner on. Its also benefits from being west facing which means you are basked in glorious sunshine all day and enjoy a beautiful sunset over the ocean in the evenings. Sundowners on the roof terrace anyone? And once the sun is down, look behind you and you can watch the moon rising slowly over the mountains. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included but beach towels are not. The apartment will be cleaned before and after occupation or weekly if you are staying longer than a week.