House near Galle, Heenatigala ,Sri Lanka - Serene And Tranquil Location On The Edge Of The Village Heenatigala, Set In 2 Acres Of Coconut Trees
The property is situated in a rural location situated above the village, in its own coconut plantation of 2 acres and 87 coconut /banana and jack trees
The living area is separate to the cooking area and servants quarters.
With high wooden ceilings and built on a hill it enjoys cool sea breezes and stunning views across the valley.a wide variety of endemic birds are frequent visitors to the property including parrots/peacock and mynah. Monkeys are also in close proximity and can be observed from the patio as well as in the garden.Do you really want to spend all of your holiday on just another beach or would you like to spend some time in the bio-diverse paradise that is the real Sri Lanka, with birdsong throughout the day, monkeys crashing through the trees above you, merchants calling out and vending their wares and iguanas meandering through your garden? When you tire of this the beach is still only 10 minutes away.
Stunning sunsets can be viewed from the front patio.
About the Owner
I have the largest recycling plastic company in Sri Lanka named Viridis Pvt Ltd and bought this house in 1999 as I needed somewhere to unwind and relax after a busy week in Colombo I.have been in business here since 1994 opening 5 factories making and exporting garments to the UK market.
I have since sold the factories and now concentrating on the recycling business.
I have another house near the beach in Unawatuna. You can view this property by selecting a property to rent in the Southern province.SL50 ( The galle House). Name Goddawatta
From the Owner
“The property is situated in a small coconut plantation with abundant wildlife .i.e. monkeys/ raccoons/mongoose/squirrels/peacocks/parakeets /mynah/ and many more brightly coloured birds. You can sit on the patio relax and enjoy the birdsong. This is true bliss and I thoroughly enjoyed my weekends here. The beach is only 10 minutes drive ,where I enjoy my early morning swim, at the world re known beach of Unawatuna. The sea is almost always calm and protected by the reef. Great for snorkeling etc. There are many other beaches within 1/2 hour drive i.e. Weligama famous for the stick fisherman and Mirrissa very popular for whale watching. The world famous Yala national park is in this province where you will see crocodile /sloth bear/leopard/wild boar/deer/elephant/peacock/exotic birds.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Scuba diving available at Blue lagoon, Unawatuna.
Surfing school at Kabalana beach is only 10 min drive.
Glass bottom boats for viewing underwater
Whale watching is best between Nov -April and 90% guaranteed to see Blue and hump back feeding only 30 minutes ride from the shores off Mirrissa about 30 minutes from here.There are museums /temples close by.
Sinharaja Rain forest is a national park and a biodiversity hot spot in Sri Lanka and has been designated World heritage site by UNESCO .
Sea turtle hatchery at Habaraduwa where you may get the chance to release baby turtles to the Indian ocean..
The famous Galle Fort is only a 10 minute drive and was 1st built by the Portuguese and then modified by the Dutch in the 17th century. This is also a World heritage site and home to many Goldsmiths and Gem retailers. Walking the ramparts is a popular pastime for both locals and tourists. the entrance is spectacular and just opposite the Galle International Cricket Stadium.
Only 8 minute drive to the world famous Unawatuna beach where you can scuba dive /snorkel/swim to your hearts content.Only 200 rupees in local tuk tuk. Many bars /guest houses /hotels litter the coast line. There are many other beaches such as Mirrissa/Weligama /Hikaduwa within 30 min drive away.
Bus stop outside our villa and costs only 25 rupees to Galle Town Centre...runs every 30 min
The property is situated 2 1/2 hour drive from Bandaranaiaka International airport approx 100 miles. Taxi hire from the airport will cost approx 60GBP .
Our neighbour Saman is at your service for driving you in his Tuk Tuk to the beach for a nominal sum of400 rps. Galle fort and town will be 500 rps. Car /jeep hire/with or without driver is available locally.Bus service every 20/30 min and costs only 25 rupees to Galle Centre
Property is situated in the village of Heenatigala approx 5 k from the World famous Unawatuna beach and 8k to Town of Galle Fort and Cricket Stadium.. Kabalana surfing bay is only 10 min drive. Yala national Park is approx 1 1/2 hr drive .Whale watching from Galle harbour approx 10 min drive. Mirrissa harbour only 30 min .
Other places of interest are the world famous elephant orphanage at Pinnawella but this is a good 3 hr drive from here.
Martin Wickramasinghe Museum 15 min drive
Kogola lake bird sanctuary 20 min drive
Yala Game reserve 1 1/2 hrs drive away
Antiques at Ambalgoda famous also for the Sri Lankan decorative masks.3/4 hr drive .
Turtle hatchery near kogala 10min
stick fisherman, Weligama 15min.
net fishing daily from the beach in Galle 10min
Temples are situated around every corner.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
4 Dec 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 1 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
20 % deposit is required at time of booking and balance on arrival.
450 GBP is for 2 persons . 3 -6 persons 600/week 8 persons 650 / week
10% discount for booking 2 weeks or more
We have no preferential change over days. Departure time is normally 12 noon but can be extended if no other arrivals are expected that day
Notes on prices:
Min nightly rate stay 2 nights .Above nightly rates are inclusive of the following and apply for up to 6 persons .Extra persons at 10 GBP /night .Weekly/monthly rates apply for up to 6 persons.
Whole house garden and patio
Resident cook at your disposal 7am to 8 pm
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is set in a small coconut plantation and frequented by all sorts of wildlife. Perched above the village enjoying cool sea breezes.Only a few minutes from the beach where you can enjoy a beer or two at the many restaurants and bars. No need for air conditioning here as the house is stone built and very cool. Ceiling fans are conveniently placed for extra comfort.Have now installed A/C in 2 of the bedrooms for extra comfort. The kitchen and staff quarters are in a seperate building to ensure complete privacy for yourselves and guests. There is satellite TV with 85 channels plus free WIFI.There is also a table tennis table as well as several excercise machines to keep you fit and healthy.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite in master bedroom with bidet/wc and shower En-suite in bedroom 2 with shower ,bidet,w/c Bedroom 3/4 share en-suite bathroom with shower/bidet, w/c
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: master bedroom 1 four-poster double with mosquito net with extra single bed. Bedroom 2... 1 double four-poster.with mosquito net full A/c. bedroom 3: 1 double bed with fan. bedroom 4: 1 double bed with A/C. plus baby cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation consists of 4 double rooms . All en-suite with w/c bidet and hot water showers. The kitchen is in a separate building adjacent to the main house and a cook is provided to prepare all your meals. Speciality Sri Lanka bites and curries. Just buy your own fresh meat fish and veggies at the local market and Rita and leela will do the rest.alternatively just give her your shopping requirement and she will buy all your necessities.She is a very honest and trustworthy lady . Has a large patio with 4 relaxing loungers and table and chairs for 8 persons.Also 2 sun loungers for those seeking a suntan. Patio is served by 2 ceiling fans in the event of no cool evening breezes plus table tennis table for the energetic crowd. Outside: We have a large tiled patio served with 2 ceiling fans and 4 wooden deck chair type loungers.Plus 2 sun loungers. Plus table and 10 outside chairs, with large sri lankan lounger The gardens are filled with flowering plants and herbs. Coconut trees are in abundance, gas fired barbecue is available at all times. New table tennis table is also available for use. The property is situated atop the hill and enjoys cool sea breezes. The water supply is direct mains and is drinkable . However best be cautious and boil before drinking . Utility Room: Here we have a small Gym consisting of cross trainer/bicycle/weights. with large plastic ball. Table tennis table also on site. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included but you must bring your own beach towels. The property is cleaned daily and bedding changed every 4 days or on request. Other: There is a spare room adjoining the kitchen for storing all your bits and pieces, suitcases etc. Garage for one vehicle .