Cottage in Whitby, Yorkshire, England - Riverside Location, 5 Mins Drive To Whitby Town And Beaches And On Doorstep Of North Yorkshire Moors
Runners Post is a traditional 3 bedroom white cottage dating back to the early 1900's sitting on the banks of the River Esk. Surrounded by fields it has a large garden and ample parking for 3+ vehicles. Situated between Sleights and Ruswarp village there is a bus stop 50 yards from the property to and from Whitby town. Across the river the North Yorkshire railways runs steam engines in the summer and these can be glimpsed through the trees as they steam past. Good weather brings out the river rowing boats and if you are lucky you could glimpse a sight of our local otters.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Roslyn Scott
Runners Post is an idyllic spot and has been in our family for the last 60 years. Originally saved from a ruin shell by my aunt, she and her husband lived there for over 40 years after which my parents bought the house and have run a small bed and breakfast business in recent years.
I happily remember spending many summers as a child with my brother playing in the garden, on the river and the beaches of Whitby. Now my two children age 4 and 6 love their time there.
This is truly a special place for our family and we are happy to share it with you as a holiday home.
Roslyn Scott purchased this cottage in 1992
(5 traveller reviews)
Breath taking cottage the views are amazing ideal for relaxation peace and quite ,river side location, we had every thing we could possible need, clean to a very high standard , Ros was very accommodating to our needs , 5 minutes to Whitby by car ,bus stop 50 yards down the road or 30 minute walk if you follow the train line , it is about £7.00 for a taxi from Whitby , would highly recommend this cottage.
Beautiful house in a stunning area, no neighbours with a wonderful garden and riverside location.
We had a wonderful holiday staying at this house, we had everything we needed and lots more. Utility room, two dining areas, conservatory, sitting room, a large kitchen with every utensil you could possible need.
The annex was also large with lovely views of the garden from the bedroom and sitting room. Doors can be left open or closed for privacy to the rest of the house. Ideal if taking parents on holiday with you, and they would like a little more of their own space.
Attention to detail was second to none and everything had been well thought out. House was cleaned to a high standard, and all towels and bedding were also of a high standard.
Can't recommend this property enough. Close enough to Whitby to pop in for an evening walk if you want to miss the crowds, also ideal location for exploring further afield like York, Steam Railway, Scarborough and Filey.
A wonderful cottage in a beautiful location. The owners have thought of everything and the property is very clean and well maintained. The owners customer service was second to none and I would highly recommend the cottage to anyone. The conservatory is great, so much so that we spent any time that we were in the cottage sat in there overlooking the lovely garden and the river. We will definitely return there in the future.
A superb location with the river Esk at the bottom of the garden. Lots of room, clean, comfortable and very well equipped. A rural location, but around 3 miles from Whitby, with a bus stop (for Whitby, York and Leeds) within 20 metres. Highly recommended.
Activity and Interests
Whitby approx 5 mins drive - famous for Captain Cook and Dracula! Children love the beach at Sandsend approx 8 mins drive and further along the coast the pretty town of Staithes and Runswick Bay
Inland are the North Yorkshire Moors - Heartbeat country and the North Yorkshire steam railway
Durham Tees is the nearest airport to Whitby. Trains and buses serve Whitby.
Approx 2 miles to Whitby, 22 miles to Scarborough, 50 miles to York.
Local shop and bakery 2 ins drive in Sleights village, supermarkets, banks etc. in Whitby.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Mar 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A £100 security deposit to confirm booking and full payment due 1 month before holiday date. Deposit refundable within 14 days of departure.
Saturday arrival for full week bookings. Arrival time is 4pm, and departure time 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices listed weekly, for weekends and short breaks please email owner.
Sorry no pets or smoking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom located on first floor with bath/over shower, wc. Ground floor shower room with wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 double - 1st floor Bedroom 2 twin - 1st floor Bedroom 3 double - ground floor (with sitting room which could accommodate a cot)
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This property is ideal for a special family occasion or large family holidaying together. The sleeping accommodation is split with two bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs with its own shower room and lounge giving some privacy - perfect for Grandparents holidaying with a young family! Outside: Stunning riverside location, large garden with patio seating area and rural views. Wooden landing stage on river. Access to the river is not restricted so young children would need supervision. Fishing with permit within walking distance, local rowing boats, fabulous soft play/ball park 2 mins drive for rainy days, along with riverside café and miniature ride on train. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, drying rack inside and washing line outside, iron & board, boot sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedlinen included in the price. The property is cleaned after each rental and linen is changed then. Other: There is a sun lounge running along the riverside of the house with seating for 6. This we have always found to be the best seat in the house.