House near Xativa, Valencia, Spain - Very private rural location but close to village. Beach 35 minutes. 100% positive reviews.
Under an hour from Valencia, and only slightly further from Alicante, lies Finca Casablanca, a large family home in its own securely-fenced grounds with a large private swimming pool. The area is generally agricultural, principal crops being oranges, lemons, walnuts, almonds, plums, apples, pears, and some rice. It is fertile and well-supplied with water. The nearest village to Finca Casablanca is Barxeta, with a population of 1,600 and a number of bars, restaurants, and shops including three bakeries, two butchers and mini-supermarkets. Barxeta is about a ten-minute walk. The nearest beaches to Finca Casablanca are 35 minutes away at Tavernes de Valldigna. Xátiva is 7 miles away along a road which winds through orange groves, a prosperous “county town” with a population of around 30,000, dominated by the castle which dates back to before Roman times.
Top Traveller Review
Great house, great hospitality
About the Owner
Retired early while I still had my sanity and could enjoy good food, sunshine and a less regimented existence.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"The house is very comfortable and ideal for a family holiday. We have had an amazing time." A.L., Surrey
"We have all had a fantastic time here - the villa, the pool, the gardens are amazing. Our three boys have enjoyed all the facilities. We have felt extremely comfortable, relaxed, and at home here!" D.W., Worcs
"We've had a wonderful time; the villa is marvellously well-appointed and a real retreat. Xativa is a lovely town, too. Thank you for being such a charming host and all your support. We'll be back for a bit more Valencia sunshine next time!" S.P., Herts
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Great house, great hospitality
We had a great stay with the family. The mature gardens are beautiful and peaceful and we were made especially welcome by David with comprehensive restaurant recommendations and advice about Spain. Highly recommended.
Peaceful. Private. Perfect!
We've just returned from a wonderful week at Finca Casablanca, which is a well-hidden gem! It matched its photos and description on the website perfectly but was even more charming. Its lovely garden, with lots of outdoor seating, made it easy to relax immediately into the holiday spirit and indoors the house felt really welcoming; more like staying in the house of a friend than in a holiday home. What made it such a success for our family was that there was plenty of space, both indoors and out, for everyone to spread out and 'do there own thing' (important when your children are in their late teens) while the large living room, shady terrace and well-equipped, practical kitchen made it easy to get together in comfort as well. The owner, David, was extremely helpful and steered us towards local sights and eateries that we would certainly not have found for ourselves. This was an ideal holiday base for us and we're looking forward to returning very soon.
Fantastic family villa in quiet surroundings
Family friendly villa in amazing setting. Very private and quiet with superb facilities. The owner is extremely helpful and friendly. Very close to the town of Xativa with many bars, restaurants and amenities. The beach is only 25 minutes away and plenty of places to explore. Highly recommended.
On a passé un super moment en famille dans cette maison. Si vous voulez être tranquil c'est parfait. La maison est isolée, le jardin arboré de plein de plantes. On a même fait du jus d'orange frais au petit dej avec les oranges du jardin (je suppose que ça dépend de la saison). Je me suis régalé à aller courir dans la colline juste derrière. La piscine est immense, et la maison bien équipée. cuisine extérieure, etc...
parfait pour passer une semaine au calme en famille ou amis.
Belle plage de sable pas très loin. Propriétaire sympa et arrangeant (ne retient pas la caution parce que vous avez cassé un verre....)
J'y retournerai sans problème.
From the Owner
“Easy access by motorway and train to two international airports doesn't often come together with an "away from it all" feeling, but that's what we found here. It took a while to realise that we also had a generous helping of the great outdoors, excellent restaurants, shopping and Mediterranean beaches, even closer than the two airports. A mixture of careful research and just plain luck, but no complaints!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
GPS tracks of local walking and 4x4 routes are available at no additional cost.
The nearest beaches to Finca Casablanca are 35 minutes away at Tavernes de Valldigna. On the way, the Royal Monastery of Santa Maria de la Valldigna in Simat de Valldigna is a rewarding detour. Gandía is about 45 minutes away, and the resort towns of Denia and Jávea around one hour. However, the entire coast both north and south from Tavernes is essentially one long beach, except for the breaks caused by ports or marinas, so there's a spot to suit everyone's personal tastes.
Valencia airport is closest, at around 45 minutes. Alicante airport is around 75 minutes. There are frequent and inexpensive trains from Valencia to Xátiva, so if your hire car (essential) won't accommodate both luggage and all guests, just drive ahead while the others make their way from the airport. Detailed instructions available and possible pick-up from Xátiva. If bringing your own car from the UK, Santander is 8 hours, Bilbao 7 hours, the French border at La Jonquera 6 hours.
Barxeta 1 km
Xátiva 11 km
Tavernes de la Valldigna beach 25 km
Valencia 70 km (airport, city slightly closer)
Alicante 130 km (airport, city slightly closer)
Basic shopping can be done in the village of Barxeta. The nearest proper town is Xátiva, where a modern shopping area with international and local names adjoins the old quarter of the town where street markets are to be found in the market square and the narrow streets around it. There is also an out-of-town shopping centre. The town’s numerous bars and restaurants are complemented by a surprisingly frantic night-life, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights, when the sun is often well up before the last revellers make their way home. Xátiva is known as the “City of a Thousand Fountains” and although there is no record of any serious attempt to count them, there is certainly ample evidence of the ready availability of water in the area. One of Xátiva’s other claims to fame is that it is unique in having been the birthplace of two Popes – Calixtus III and Alexander VI, the "Borgia Pope" – who are commemorated in the square adjacent to the cathedral.
For some years, many would-be Costa Blanca holidaymakers have been starting to turn their attention inland, benefiting in the process from lower prices, fewer tourists and a more Spanish feel to the area than the coastal resorts. Join them!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
17 Dec 2016 - 13 Jan 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
We accept payment in pounds sterling to a UK bank account, or in Euros to a Spanish bank account, whichever you prefer.
A security deposit of 250GBP is payable when the booking is confirmed. This is refunded within 14 days after departure from the property subject to deductions for any damage etc. 50% of the rental is due at time of booking with the balance being due 60 days prior to arrival. The second and subsequent weeks of any booking are discounted by 50GBP.
Changeover day by arrangement, but normally Saturday. Arrival after 4pm preferred, departure by 11 am so that we have time to ensure that everything is as it should be for the next guests.
Notes on prices:
The second and subsequent weeks of any booking are discounted by 50GBP. Minimum rental one week, extra days pro rata to first week's rental.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A lot of large rental properties consist of a big house on a postage-stamp garden. Not this one - you can't see into the house or garden from any other property, and the pool area can't be seen even from the house itself. You can park a fleet of cars here if you're so minded.”
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- near the sea
- 320 m²
- En-suite to double bedroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Wet room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1: large bathroom with bath (shower over, shower screen), bidet, WC, washbasin Bathroom 2: wet room with shower, WC, washbasin Bathroom 3: en suite to bedroom 1
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, twin room, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Child Bed, Huge room with separate satellite TV, DVD, 2 bunk beds
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, with en-suite shower room, built-in wardrobe
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: 150cm double bed, 2 windows facing north and west, en-suite shower/WC/basin Bedroom 2: Twin 90cm single beds, window facing east Bedroom 3: Twin 90cm single beds, window facing east Bedroom 4: 150cm double bed, two bunks, 8 windows
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms except bathrooms have ceiling fans or room fans. A car is essential - this is a rural environment. There is parking for (at least) half a dozen cars, visitors with motor homes, etc. Access is over a short section of unmade track. Wifi is available throughout the house and much of the grounds at no additional cost - this is a proper 10Mb/s fixed line connection with 802.11n access points, most unusual in rural Spain! Guests have free access to the home server with hundreds of movies and thousands of music tracks. Outside: The grounds extend to approximately 2 acres. The pool is 11m x 6m and is completely private and not overlooked - not even from the house, so if you have small children they MUST be supervised. The pool area has sun loungers and a pergola with table and chairs. There is a barbecue area (a "paella house") with its own terrace, marble dining table for eight, electric light, and its own fridge. The main south terrace runs the full width of the house (50 ft) and has a swing settee, armchairs, breakfast/dining table and chairs. Utility Room: Washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bathroom and pool towels are included, as is all bedlinen. Both are changed weekly. Other: Three downstairs bedrooms and bathrooms are arranged around an internal patio. There is a single step up from the living room to the rest of the house. The family bedroom (bedroom 4) upstairs is also 500 sq ft, and has TV, stereo, sofas, table and chairs.