Cottage in Symondsbury, Bridport, Dorset, England - Located In West Dorset, Surrounded By Beautiful Countryside, 10 Mins From The Jurassic Coast
Our changeover days are Mondays and Fridays. Please contact us directly for Midweek and Weekend prices. Our minimum stay is 3 nights over the weekend or 4 nights during the week.
A luxury detached cottage with 3 double bedrooms, single bedroom and 2 luxurious bathrooms, offering a shower room with power shower, and the second bathroom has a large bath with overhead power shower. The property boasts a very generous kitchen/dining room with inglenook fireplace and wood burning stove. Crepe Farm Cottage is surrounded by abundant wildlife, in a quiet location. The cottage benefits from being only 10 minutes from the beautiful Jurassic Coast and the market town of Bridport. Crepe Farm Cottage can be booked alongside Crepe Farmhouse offering a total of 24 beds if booked together.
About the Owner
Symondsbury Estate is a family run business. The luxury holiday cottages are set in the outstanding natural beauty within The Symondsbury Estate and The Jurassic coast.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for providing such a beautifully clean and renovated facility, we have all had such a blissful weekend! Every small detail has been covered in order to provide a flawlessly comfortable country retreat. We didn't leave the retreat for 48 hours because it's been so delectably comfortable and relaxing. The hot tub was the icing on the cake and absolute perfection. An incredible memory making, indulgent, relaxing and laughter filled time. Thank you! We will recommend you to everyone!
What a lovely house! We have thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week stay and still not ready to return home. We could stay for longer, the cottage is a real home from home. Every detail has been covered to make our stay very comfortable.
From the Owner
“Symondsbury Estate has been owned by the Colfox Family since the early 1900's.”
Activity and Interests
The Jurassic Coast is a 10 minute drive away with beautiful beaches and cliff top walks including West Bay, Eype Beach, Seatown and Charmouth. On the beaches there is plenty of opportunity for fossil hunting. Dogs are welcome all year on Eype Beach. Lyme Regis beach is the main sandy beach in the area (the sand was bought over from France!) and takes approximately 15 minutes to drive too.
Exeter Airport 45 minute drive. Bournemouth Airport 1 hour drive away. Bristol Airport 1 1/2 hours drive away.
Crepe Farm Cottage is just a 5 minute walk into the centre of Symondsbury Village with a local pub, school and church and the local landmark Colmers Hill is definitely worth a walk to the top to see the spectacular views.
Bridport Market Town is 3 miles away with markets on both Wednesday and Saturday and a Vintage market on Sunday.
For all Mountain Bike enthusiasts, we have built a 8km trail and skills area/bike park around The Estate for our guests to use, available for all ages and abilities.
Bridport boasts numerous individual shops as well as Waitrose, Morrisons and Lidls. Bridport is famous for being a 'foodie' haven with fantastic restaurants, bistros and tea rooms. There are plenty of artist studios to visit and galleries. The popular market on Saturday and Wednesday offer both local produce for sale as well as antiques and bric a brace.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require a 25% deposit to secure the booking, the balance is due 8 weeks before your stay. Bookings can be made via meal or telephone at present. Payments can be made via debit/credit card, BACS or cheque.
Our changeover day is Friday, out of season we are flexible and offer weekend breaks and mid week breaks.
Notes on prices:
For a weekend or midweek break price please enquire on 01308 424116.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“All our properties offer a peaceful location, privacy and comfort. There are many woodland and coastal path walks. We have also created a mountain bike & walking trail that meanders throughout the estate and a skills park.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The two bathrooms have been luxuriously renovated, offering a shower room, with power shower, WC, basin and towel rail and the second bathroom has a large bath, overhead power shower, WC, heated towel rail and hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All 3 double bedrooms have zip and link beds offering the choice of one king size bed or 2 singles. We provide crisp white Egyptian cotton linen and fluffy white towels and dressing gowns. We can also provide a z bed for a child and/or a cot.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Ideal for families, groups of friends and couples, whatever the weather. Spacious airy rooms but cosy and warm in the winter months. The outside terrace is perfect to relax and take in the views over the surrounding countryside. The added bonus being a hot tub to enjoy a glass of champagne and watch the stars at night. Outside: The large garden provide privacy, with plenty of space for children to play. The terrace area is perfect to take in the views over the surrounding countryside. The additional bonus is the hot tub. There is plenty of parking. Utility Room: There is a separate utility area with laundry facilities and a WC. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We supply crisp white linen for all the beds and white fluffy towels and dressing gowns for adults. Linen for the cot is not supplied. The cottage is cleaned and linen changed after every booking on our changeover day, Friday. Other: Leading off from the kitchen is further space for coats, shoes and wet dogs. French doors lead you onto a large terraced area for outside dining, the perfect place to relax and take in the views.