Barn in La Provotais, Nr. Malansac, Morbihan, Brittany, France - Peaceful Countryside Location, Near Lake & Medieval Town, 20 Minutes Drive From The Sea
Detached stone barn set in a former farmyard. Sunlight shines through the glazed doors into the tiled hall and dining area, with an oak dresser and dining table (set for 8 people). The U shaped kitchen has solid oak worktops, a 90cm calor gas cooker, and is fully equipped for creating gastronomic delights! A shower room and utility room lead off the kitchen. French glazed doors lead to the west facing terrace where you can sit and watch the sun set with the scent of lavender and rosemary all around. Relax in the salon, a comfortable and cosy room with original Breton fireplace with a wood burning stove on the hearth. Sofas and easy chairs, books, maps, some games and a tv mean plenty to do. Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms with velux windows so you can watch the stars while you rest! Main bathroom has a shower over the bath, en suite shower room to bedroom 1. The mix of original stone walls, oak beams and flooring & natural fabrics make a peaceful atmosphere you can relax in.
About the Owner
I had long dreamed of a owning a Breton property and fell in love with this granite barn on my first visit; covered in snow, it was cosy and welcoming inside, complete with chickens and straw! It took 4 years of love and care to create the lovely home you see today. I enjoy space, light and natural building materials and have incorporated these into its' renovation. Family and friends have enjoyed visits to La Provotais, I have local friends who help me care for the property and provide a warm welcome to visitors. Feel free to ask me any questions, share any ideas or suggestions about the house or the area. I want visitors to have happy times!
Guestbook comments from the owner
The visitors book at the property has very positive comments from previous holidaymakers. I am happy to say that families have returned 2 or 3 times, which is testament to their satisfaction.
From the Owner
“One visit to Rochefort en terre is all that is needed to enchant and delight any visitor! The mix of oak forests, streams, farms and medieval towns make Morbihan a magical place. The quiet roads through farmland are a pleasure to drive down, making the salt marshes and beaches a short drive away.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is a 20 minute drive away at Damgan. There is something for everyone; sand, rock pools, ice cream, restaurants, watching the oyster fishermen & boats. Driving a bit further, past La Roche Bernard (30 minutes) brings you to La Mine d'Or, a fantastic natural long beach with walks up the estuary.
The airports of Dinard, Rennes and Nantes are approximately 2 hours drive away. Brest airport is approximately 3 hours.
The port of St Malo is about 2 hours drive, Cherbourg adds an extra 30 minutes although roads are improving. Caen is about 3 hours away.
The medieval village of Rochefort en terre is 3 miles away, utterly enchanting place with cobbled streets, restaurants, artists studios, stunning walks.
The nearest town with a large supermarket including petrol is Malansac, 5 minute drive away. La Gacilly is a riverside gem, just a 15 minute drive. There is a Resistance Museum and Car Museum near. The ancient town of Vannes is 20 minutes drive away. Details of local markets in the house.
Malansac has a wonderful bakery, tabac, bank with ATM, pizza restaurant, routier restaurant, bars, church, Super U supermarket with fuel including gas for barbecue etc.
The nearest pharmacy and doctor is in Rochefort en terre.
Questembert, 10 minute drive, has a 17th century market hall, bakeries, cafes, tabacs, butchers, more supermarkets to choose from including Intermarche, Lidl, Carrefour. It also has a public swimming pool.
Redon, 20 minutes drive, has E Leclerc supermarket and many individual shops.
Vannes has many high class shops, beautiful cathedral, cafes and restaurants by the Roman port area. On its' outskirts are all the large retail outlets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact me via email with any enquiries. Towel and linen hire can be arranged nearer the time. A breakage deposit of £200 is refundable after return of key and satisfactory check of property. Cheques or direct bank payment is fine.
Usually Saturday, but I am flexible as I understand these are busy days to travel. A key will be provided so you will be able to arrive any time. A welcome pack is included, tea and coffee (and wine!) always available.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for full week, and include water, electricity, gas and logs. For shorter breaks or long weekends please contact me direct.
Note that Christmas and New Year bookings may not be available, please contact me for specific prices.
A deposit of £100 secures your booking, this can be paid by cheque or bank transfer. Please contact me via email or call with any enquiries. The balance is due 6 weeks before your stay. Paying a deposit reserves your booking so is not refundable if you cancel, holiday insurance is recommended.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Approached through a stone arch, the barn is set in an old farm yard with other stone farm buildings, now all homes. There is a working dairy farm nearby, with about 40 cows. Neighbours have chickens and goats, with their accompanying sounds! The west facing terrace offers the chance to enjoy barbecues watching the sun set through the oak trees. Night time is very dark in this part of Brittany so it's a great chance to look at the stars.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite shower room to bedroom 1, with electric towel warmer. Main bathroom has bath with shower over. Ground floor shower room with electric towel warmer.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 6ft wide reclaimed pine king size bed, space for camp beds or travel cots (not supplied). Bedroom 2 with 4'6'' double pine bed. Bedroom 2 with 2 pine single beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All the ground floor is tiled, with stone walls, raised hearth with wood burner. I mention these for people with small children to be aware of! The furniture is solid oak and very robust. Carpeted bedrooms. Electric heaters in all rooms. Outside: Oak framed large garden with paved terrace, dry stone walls which border lavender, rosemary, chives, strawberries and many other shrubs & plants. Large grassed area for football, badminton, whatever! Large shed which houses gas barbecue, large extendable table, chairs with covers, 2 bicycles (at your own risk), garden tools (if you have the urge!), badminton set and swing ball set. There is a rustic drying line for the washing. The west facing garden looks over neighbouring farmland including oak trees and fields. Utility Room: Utility room houses the water heater, electric fuse box, washing machine, ironing board, iron, space to hang coats & store boots etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and duvet covers are available for a small extra charge. Property is cleaned after each occupant, and checked before you arrive. If you are staying for a long break & require cleaning service, this will not be included but can be arranged. Other: Dining hall with large oak dresser and extending oak dining table. 8 dining chairs with comfortable cotton seats. Mirror over hall table which stores hair dryer and hair straighteners.