Converted Hayloft cottage in Harrogate, Yorkshire, England - This Lovely Property With An Exposed Beamed Bedroom Oozes Charm And Character
This Grade 4* Tourist Board rated property is quietly situated in the courtyard of the owners Georgian farmhouse. It boasts a lovely beamed bedroom and cosy living area with kitchen. It is set in 15 acres of rolling pastures and guests can enjoy the hens,ducks ,ponies and pet donkey in the paddock. Nearby is the village of Littlethorpe with lovely walks along the restored canal. The farm is next to a designated Bike route - so bring your bikes. The pretty village of Bishop Monkton is close with a pub serving good food and beer. The village has a babbling brook running through it and the antics of the wild ducks can be enjoyed. It is an easy 15-20 minutes to the wonderful spa town of Harrogate with fabulous shops and the famous Betty's tea rooms as well as the International conference centre and Yorkshire show ground. York is an easy day trip to vist the historic sights and Fountains Abbey is very close( world Heritage site).An excellent base to tour the delights of Yorkshire.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Angela Beck
I am Angela and own Pottery Lane farm with David my Husband, a doctor in Leeds. We live in the main farm house with our dog,ducks,hens and donkeys.We both work locally and the guests have the free run of the grounds most of the day if they wish. We have 5 grown up children who come sometimes to visit.
(4 traveller reviews)
Better than home!
So happy to have found Angela's homestead as an alternative to the hotel we had previously booked. Pictures and descriptions are spot on. In addition to The Hayloft, a two-bedroom unit, The Barn, adjoins, sleeping 5. We barely saw our "neighbors" during our four nights. Cooked in three of them as all necessities were provided. I envy Angela's balance of life and work at this wonderful enclave, and hope to return.
Lovely and quite location, fantastic stay!!
My partner and I stayed here last Tuesday to Sunday and didn't want to leave!
Fantastic location close to Ripon which has some great pubs and restaurants, not far from Harrogate and York and only a hour and half drive from the seaside town of Whitby.
It was like a home from home in Hayloft, everything we needed was there.
Will be booking again for sure :-)
Wonderful place to stay, small but perfectly formed! Ideal location for exploring both the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales. We found the property very well appointed, had everything we needed. Angela was very helpful and the little touches (flowers in all the rooms, fresh eggs left for us) made us feel right at home. Would definitely recommend to anyone and we would visit again!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The property is on a National Cycle Route ( Way of The Roses No 688)which is mostly gentle, undulating , quiet lanes.We have an assortment of bikes to borrow free of charge.
The nearest airport is Leeds /Bradford some 15 miles away.
The historic city of York is about 40 minutes drive. Harrogate the Victorian spa town is an easy 15-20 minutes and the quaint Cathedral town of Ripon only 3 miles away. The nearest supermarket is 2 miles and there are lots of lovely traditional Yorkshire pubs selling real ale and good food. Fountains Abbey ( a world heritage site) is 15 minutes drive. New by Hall famous for its beautiful gardens only 20 minutes drive.
The property is on a designated cycle route - so bring your bikes. We often have an easy cycle ride( about 30 minutes each way and flat) on a Sunday to the Crown Inn for lunch, parking area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
30 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Christmas & new year
23 Dec 2017 - 2 Jan 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
A 15% deposit and the balance 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. Start dates flexible.
Notes on prices:
Please contact the Owner for short break holiday prices.We often have special offers.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bathroom with walk in shower
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom with one 5ft double bed. Vaulted ceiling and exposed beams.
- Notes on accommodation: We cannot accept pets as we keep hens and ducks which roam freely. There is a wildlife pond in the grounds so children must be supervised at all times. There is only very limited internet access due to rural location. The hayloft can be booked alongside our other property The barn (E3625) which sleeps 5 and so the two cottages together will sleep 7 in all. In August we offer the main farmhouse to rent which sleeps 6/8.Please contact the owner for details. Outside: The Hayloft is situate in 15 acres of rolling pasture. It has a wildlife pond and jetty overlooking the pond which is lovely to sit on in the evenings as it catches the last of the setting sun. Utility Room: there is a shared utility room( outside the hayloft) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The Hayloft is professionally cleaned after each letting to ensure high standards. All bedding and towels are included. Heating included in price.