House in Josselin, Morbihan, Brittany, France - Short Walk From The Historic Center (Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Market)
A cottage fully equipped, close to center of the city and the campaign. From the terrace you can have a drink while enjoying a slice of the history of Brittany. You can also walk on the tow-path of the Canal or in the Breton countryside (hiking, canoeing or boating). The lodge is also close to Ploermel (Cinema, shops, lake), the forest of Broceliande, Lizio (craft village), Rochefort en terre and plenty of other magical places. The sea is 45 minutes (Vannes) from Josselin.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful house with great views
About the Owner
This lovely house along the Canal is a cottage since 2006. We are the owners for September 2012 and we decided to keep the activity. Christelle (44), William (45) and their two children (Antonin, 13; Amaury 10) will be very happy to welcome you and we hope you enjoy your stay in this beautiful region.
Guestbook comments from the manager
* Just to say a huge thank you for our stay in your beautiful house. We loved Josselin and the area and thought your gite was the best place we have stayed in in the many years we have visited France. Not only was the house in a fantastic position but it was so thoughtfully equipped. A real "home from home". Lots of our friends who have seen our photos were extremely jealous!
Anyway mant thanks and best wishes to you and your family
* We are really enjoying our visit to your lovely house. Everything was as you said it would be - no problems at all. Thank you for the cider and the biscuits. The weather here is glorious and we feel very relaxed.
We really enjoyed our time in your house, it being one of the best we've ever stay stay in. We have already recommended it to several friends ... things we particularly liked were the views, the terrace, the fell of the house and Josselin itself. THe location is superb.
We had a really good time. The town is just wonderful. The house was just great. We were amazed at how very well equipped it was, we had everything we needed. We spent most evenings on the balcony. I had some work to do and it was done looking out the window across canal and castle. Great Memories.
We enjoyed our holiday in Josselin and we liked the cottage.
Merci pour vot
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful house with great views
The house was well equipped,comfortable and clean. Eight of us stayed there with lots of room and plenty of space. Great views and an ideal location. Would highly recommend this house. Owners provide great customer service. Had a wonderful week.
Quirky property, in an excellent location, everything you need for a holiday, well equipped. The property is old but in great condition and clean. The stairs are quite narrow and steep, especially to the loft room on third floor, not a problem to us but may be for an older person or young toddler. The owners left a welcome gift, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Great location, spacious house, met all our needs.
We loved our stay in this property, it was clean and had all the essentials.
A town centre location meant we didn't need the car often, yet it was idyllic and relaxing.
Owners Christelle and William were very welcoming and the welcoming gift was a nice touch.
Would definitely use again when going back to Josselin and would recommend.
Thanks Christelle and William
Very, very impressive!
Believe it or not but the pictures are true. It is just that house across the river with full unobstructed view of the castle of Josselin. And entire house is yours!
We spent 10 there days and enjoyed every bit of it.
From the Owner
“We come from a small village near Josselin. We use also this cottage as a country house because we live near Rennes (1 hour by car). We love this aera and we want to share the beautiful view of this cottage with you.”
Activity and Interests
Morbihan coastline with its numerous beaches, fishing ports and a lot of islands off the mainland is approx 45 mins driving distance.
A beach area with large swimming lake and golf course is approx 20 mins drive. Indoor swimming pool 20 mins drive. Nantes/Brest Canal - on the doorstep!
Airports - Dinard, Rennes, Lorient and Nantes are the nearest airports (Max 2 hrs drive). Ferry Ports - St Malo is the nearest (Approx 1.5 hrs drive). Caen, Cherbourg & Roscoff within 4 hrs drive. Calais & Boulogne 6-7 hrs drive.
Short walking distance to Josselin town centre & weekly market, canal, chateau, doll museum, shops, restaurants, bars, day boat, cycle & canoe hire. 15 mins drive into Ploermel with shops, large lake and golf course.
10 mins drive to riding stables.
5 mins drive to horse race track.
45 mins drive to the many coastal ports/beaches in Morbihan.
35 mins drive to the medieval city and port of Vannes.
Lots of local tourist attractions within a short walk/drive of the property.
Weekly Saturday market 5 mins walk (open all year).
Cycle/canoe hire 3 mins walk. Motor boat hire 3 mins walk.
Horse riding stables 10 mins drive.
Free Bastille day firework display at base of chateau 14 July (can also be viewed from gite front windows!)
Horse racing early August.
Weekly free open air summer evening music concerts in the town July/August. Large craft fair 15 mins drive early August.
Jazz festival at Vannes in August.
Large boat show 1 hour's drive early November.
'Wartime resistance museum' with a free ride on military vehicles 25 mins drive. Nearest restaurant 2 mins walk!
Nearest bar 2 mins walk!
Town centre max 5 mins walk.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
13 Nov 2016 - 24 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
25 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£171|
Booking Notes: Booking details will be provided by owners.
Paiment : Paypal
Security deposite : 200 €* *the owner give back by paypal after the leaving if the cottage if is ok*
Changeover day is Saturday (high season), flexible at other times.
Property should be vacated by 10am on departure day. Arrival time is any time after 4pm.
End of stay cleaning option- 40 Euros if you prefer not to do it yourself!
Pets : 10 € by pets
Notes on prices:
Last minute for :
Last week this summer :
September / october / November
+ 26-sept - 7- nov: 500 € each week (win 50 to 100 €)
september 15 : 580 € instead of 650 €
13 june to 04-july 2015 :
July : 800€ instead of 950 €. Only 2 weeks available
Save -50 €, if you reserve right now for summer 2016 before 30 january 16)
If you come from someone, don't forget to warn us, tell us to win something.
See terms and conditions
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The view is unique in Josselin. Few people have the pleasure to wake up with a view of the Castle.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- city centre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- roller blading
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Washbasins in the 3 x first floor bedrooms Master suite with en suite containing bath, WC & basin. Shower room with shower, WC & basin. 2nd Shower room with large shower cubicle. Ground floor WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 with king size bed, wash basin. Views directly onto Chateau. Bed 2 with double bed, wash basin. Views directly onto Chateau & Canal. Bed 3 with twin beds and wash basin. Master suite with king bed & bathroom, a baby and sitting area. Canal views.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Parents with younger children need to be aware that this property is a 'canal side' setting (windows). Railed off outside deck. Central heating/electric radiators throughout. Recently refurbished throughout to a high standard. Outside: A big terrace (30m2). Gas BBQ and outdoor garden furniture. Property situated alongside the canal, looking onto the chateau/castle. Town centre a short walk. Outside lighting. Parking at near of property (one car). Free parking available very close. Utility Room: Washing machine and drying machine are in the kitchen. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and towels included in the rental. 'End of stay cleaning' can be provided, if you would prefer not to have to do it yourself! 40 € (= 4h) Other: Stereo/music unit, selection board games and books. Games and books in english Free internet access Tea making area in master suite. French and English TV