Holiday Home in Brixham, South Devon, England - Within Easy Walking Distance Of Brixham Town, Marina Etc • Great Views Over Torbay • Car Park •
This turn of the 19th Century residence overlooking Brixham’s outer harbour, its marina and the Panoramic beauty of Torbay.
Ranscombe House will prove an excellent choice for your holiday stay in South Devon. It is a 9 bedroom former guest house is set in its own grounds with (off the road) car parking for 6 cars and a lawn garden in which to relax in peace and tranquility and there is a barbecue for your enjoyment.
About the Owner
We are Richard and Moira Withey and we came to Ranscombe House, Brixham in 1988 for a career change. We started off as a hotel and restaurant and gradually changed to a B&B and now we have converted to a self catering house for largish groups of friends and families.
As can be seen the house is set up for family groups and is not really suitable for groups of single people.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Reviewed April 3, 2014
Every year a gang of us go away for a long weekend. Ranscombe House more than suited our needs for 13 adults and 3 children! Great location, 5 minute walk to Brixham harbour and the house was large enough for us all! No TV in the main lounge/dining area but this meant we all had to sit and talk with each other and play cards! There is a large TV in the lower deck lounge.
Would definitely recommend.
Reviewed April 8, 2013
Ranscombe House was a superb venue for our family gathering one weekend in March - a group of 20 with an age range of 1 to 87 years. Most bedrooms have sea views, all have en suites and the harbour is situated just a short stroll away. The communal rooms were spacious, comfortable and offered various relaxing areas for our number. The only down side was the weather, it was cold and misty spoiling the sea views and preventing us using the garden and verandah. However, everybody had a great time thanks to this very welcoming home.
From the Owner
“We love the proximity to the town, harbour and marina. When you see Ranscombe House you will immediately know why we bought the place. As well as the house, Brixham is a wonderful place to spend a holiday. Most of the life of the town is a short walk away.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Brixham is of interest for people who enjoy walking, fishing and sailing. Brixham Yacht Club and Marina are about 500 yards away.
Ranscombe House is about 250 metres from the sea and about 500 metres from the breakwater beach. Brixham breakwater stretches about half a mile out into the sea and is great for a stroll.
Paignton is the nearest station, 6 miles away. Bristol airport is 90miles, about 2 hours drive and Exeter Airport is 32 miles away , about 50 minutes drive. Local buses and ferries to Torquay, Totnes and King swear/Dartmouth are very good. Taxis are very availably.
Nearest town is Brixham about 300 metres away.
Water based activities
Just buy a net and bucket from any of the local shops, add some bacon (crabs love bacon – really!) and drop over the harbour side. In no time you’ll have a bucket full of crabs. Best time of day for catching crabs is mid afternoon to early evening. Of course you release them after you have caught them.
Kelley’s Hero Charters – 01803 855179 or 07970 642354
Optimist Charters Tel 01803 882625 or 07817136505.
Fishing off Brixham Breakwater, 10 The Quay, Brixham
For advice & bait go to Brixham Bait & Tackle on the quayside tel. 01803 853390.
Fishing – Mackerel
Boats run regular trips from the harbour, suitable for all ages. Trips cost about £12 and last 1 ½ to 2 hours. No experience needed. Keep what you catch! Ask at the kiosks along the harbour. Bring them back and cook them on the barbeque.
Sailing & boating
Plain Sailing – 01803 853843, Brixham Marina, Brixham TQ5 9BP
- Booking Notes:
No booking fees or extras - the price you see is the price you pay.
Towels, bed linen, included.
A deposit of 30% of the total rental price is payable to confirm the booking and the balance to be paid 6 weeks before you arrive. Bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday must be paid in full. A refundable £300 damage deposit is also required for non accidental damage.
Online booking at http://holidaycottagesbrixham.co.uk/ranscombe-house/
Changeover day is normally Saturday at 1000. If you are on a short break the departure time is still 1000. The house is normally ready to welcome you at about 2.00pm.
Notes on prices:
Normal rental is from Saturday to Saturday. For stays less than a week charges are, 3 nights 70%, 4 nights 80% 5 nights 90% 6 nights 95% all of the current weekly Rate.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Some of the unique benefits of staying at Ranscombe House are the ample parking and spacious relaxing garden. Having had several great family gatherings we have found that the spaciousness enables people to have room to relax and yet stay in the company of their friends. Brixham has a large number of good cafes, pubs and restaurants just a stroll away. You can also have chinese food, indian food and pizzas delivered to the door.”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- water parks
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedrooms 1,2,3,4 and 7 have ensuite shower rooms with wc and basins. Bedrooms 5,6,9 and 10 have ensuite bathrooms(shower over bath) with wc and basins. On the ground floor there are two toilets.
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 to 20 (9 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Room 1 Twin/sea view, Rooms 2, 5 and 7 double bedded/inland view, Rooms 4 and 6 Double bedded/sea view, Room 3 single/sea view, Room 9 double and 2 children's beds on second floor, Room 10 Double and 1 child's bed also on second floor. All rooms furnished
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There is no room no 8. The house is centrally heated in winter and benefits from land and sea breezes in summer. Outside: The lawn garden has a barbecue. There is access to the garden from the dining room via the verandah and from the lower deck leisure lounge. Utility Room: Miele washing machine, tumble drier, ironing board and iron, clothes drying lines. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included for the duration of your stay. The house is cleaned and linen is changed for each new group. Please bring your own beach/swimming towels Other: Lower deck leisure room with door to garden and bar area with fridge and seating for 10+.