Villa in Ovacik, Fethiye-Olu Deniz, Aegean Region, Turkey - Peaceful Location In The Hills With Amazing Views, 15 Minutes Walk To Hisaronu
The villa is designed with luxury and comfort in mind and the interior is of the highest quality. The villa is located at the foothills of the Babadag mountain range, with far reaching views of the whole valley extending down to the sea. There is a spacious and airy open plan lounge and fully fitted and stocked kitchen, with separate utility room. Upstairs there are 2 floors containing 4 large and welcoming bedrooms. Facilities include a secure car parking space inside the gates, sauna room, mini gym, versatile conservatory and Turkish seating area overlooking the pool built with Roman steps for easy access. A number of other facilities are provided to add to your comfort and entertain you during your stay including, Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not provided), high quality ipod docking station, x-box and playstation (some games provided), and a selection of DVDs. Welcome home, relax and let the fun begin!
Top Traveller Review
BEST FAMILY HOLIDAY
About the Owner
The owner is Steve Goodwin. Steve is 50 years old married with two children Olivia aged 22 and Josh aged 17.
Steve has been an independent financial adviser for 25 years with his own business practice.
Steve is one of the countries fastest growing boxing promoters having staged in 2012 the Audley Harrison comeback fight.
Steve also owns the very successful horse racing business Diamond Racing which provides ownership of racehorses to the general public. It is the longest standing racehorse syndicate business in the UK having been set up in 1993.
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
BEST FAMILY HOLIDAY
The villa we rented for our family holiday was totally excellent. Exactly as described and in the perfect location. Spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. There was everything you could need in the kitchen. The agents, Home & Gardens were always on hand to help with car hire, trips and anything you may desire. Pool cleaned every morning and garden well maintained. Maids at the end of the week to clean and provide fresh linen and towels. Absolutely wonderful. Would definitely book again
From the Owner
“This area of Turkey is truly extraordinary and everyone who visits here will most certainly return. The scenery is beautiful, the activities are almost endless and the history is varied and interesting - there is something for everyone, and this is before considering the warmth and welcoming nature of the people. Ovacik sits above Hisaronu with Oludeniz to the left and Fethiye to the right. It has it's own bars and restaurants or for a more dynamic and energetic vibe Hisaronu is a very short distance away, and the Oludeniz seafront is a few minutes down the road. The villa is in an area which feels peaceful and exclusive but nearby guests will find any activity or entertainment they could want.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Paragliding, kayaking, horse riding, walking (the famous Lycian way starts nearby), water sports, golf, fishing, and quad – biking, to name a few activities you can indulge in.
The nearest town is Fethiye which is approximately 15mins by Dolmus costing around 3.50 TL. Alternatively taxis are competitively priced and easily available. The closest beach is the stunning world famous beach of Oludeniz which is 8 mins by Dolmus or Taxi and also has many shops and seafront restaurants and bars. The famous blue lagoon is just a couple of minutes further on from Oludeniz and well worth a visit.
The nearest airport is Dalaman approx 50km from Ovacik around 50mins transfer time to the villa. We can arrange all transfers for you at very competitive prices. Car hire can be obtained per day.
There are a number of low cost airlines which fly into Dalaman including:
Hisaronu is 15 mins walk or 3 mins by taxi
Fethiye Town is approx 15 mins by Dolmus
Kaya Village approx 15 mins from Hisaronu by Dolmus / taxi
This region of Turkey provides a variety of places to visit, activities to entertain and ancient history is there for all to enjoy. The world famous Oludeniz is the nearest beach and can be reached by car or by using the Dolmus (local bus). The area is a stunning coastline surrounded by mountains - see photo's provided. The main beach is public and the Dolmus stops here. The Blue Lagoon is a little further on past Oludeniz beach; the area is protected so there is a small charge but well worth it. There is a wide variety of bars and restaurants in Oludeniz, many with fine sea views. The area is also famous for paragliding, participants launch from the mountain behind and land on the beach, this activity can be booked in Oludeniz or Hisaronu.
Hisaronu is a lively little town with many bars restaurants and shops. There are a multitude of activities for children including fun parks, trampolines and go carts and quad bikes for older 'kids'.
Fethiye is the local main town and is only a 15 minute Dolmus ride. There is a large market on Tuesdays and a farmers veggie market on Fridays. It is a beautiful harbour town with a marina and many bars and restaurants along the harbour. To go shopping head for the "old Town". For good food head for the fish market.
Kaya Valley is about 15 minutes past Hisaronu and is the setting for the Louis de Bernieres novel "Birds without wings". The village is set in a tranquil and beautiful valley with lovely local restaurants - we can make recommendations if required. Kaya is a traditional village with lots of history and many ruins to view it is often referred to as the 'Ghost Town'.
There are so many activities and days out to enjoy, just relax and have fun!
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book you need to pay a 25% deposit. Full balance must be paid 8 weeks before arrival. At this time you will need to pay a £300 refundable deposit in addition to your final balance. This deposit is refundable within 7 days of your holiday ending subject to post stay inspection and no damage being detected to the property.
Changeover day is usually Monday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I bought this villa because from the moment I stepped through the door it felt like the home I always wanted. The experience is more of a home, than a holiday home. It is warm, comfortable and inviting but also has the wow factor we are all looking for when we go on holiday. This villa is conveniently located, has stunning views and is located in an area where activities, entertainment and history are readily available. However, if what you want is to relax in a stunning home with everything a modern home has to offer without the need for booking trips and activities every day, then this is it. Wake up, go for a swim in the heated pool, enjoy cafe quality coffee, the home entertainments, the stunning views, maybe exercise in the mini gym.....then order in and open the wine.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1: En-suite Bedroom 2: En-suite Bedroom 3: Shared Bathroom + Sauna room Bedroom 4: Shared Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: King size Bed, 2 terraces Bedroom 2: King size Bed, terrace Bedroom 3: King size Bed, terrace Bedroom 4: Twin beds, terrace
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: As you enter the villa there is a spacious open plan lounge and kitchen, a conservatory leads off the kitchen and overlooks the pool and garden. A second conservatory overlooking the pool has been converted into a mini gym. A marble staircase leads up to the first floor with 2 large bedrooms with en-suites and terraces. The staircase leads further up to the second floor and another 2 large bedrooms with shared bathroom and sauna room. All bedrooms have spacious terraces with furniture which overlook the pool and provide wonderful views across the valley and down to the sea beyond. All bedrooms and communal areas are air-conditioned. Outside: The villa is set within substantial walled and gated grounds. the landscaped gardens include a large area of lawn and a variety of trees including pomegranate, lemons, cherry and even a grape vine. The private pool is built with Roman steps for easy access. A Turkish seating area has been built overlooking the private pool and high quality sun loungers are provided as well as a variety of outdoor furniture to make your stay comfortable and luxurious. There is a secure car parking space inside the gates of the villa. Utility Room: Washing machine, hoover, iron, ironing board, clothes dryer and a variety of cleaning equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided, including towels for use on the sun loungers. Maid service will be provided once per week. Other: Mini gym with a variety of gym equipment X-box and Playstation provided for entertainment