Alfred's Barn sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms
This amazing conversion of a 16th Century timber framed thatched barn is spacious, full of light with a pleasant mix of classic and contemporary style.
The ground floor open plan living area has a large kitchen, sitting area with gas fire and dinning area with tables to seat up to 29 people. Also on the ground floor are the cosy TV room, games room with pool table, utility room and separate WC.
On the first floor are bedroom 1 with en-suite shower, WC and basin and bedroom 2, both with South facing windows looking out over the green roof to The Farmhouse and orchard beyond. The bathroom for bedroom 1 & 4 with bath, shower cubicle, WC and basin is also found on the first floor along with the stairs that take you up to Bedroom 4 with its wonderful views out over The Granary and apple orchard.
Up another set of stairs from the first floor and across the bridge you get to bedroom 3 with its en-suite shower, WC and basin and stunning views out over the fields through its East facing window.
The Farmhouse (13), Alfred's Barn (8), The Milking Parlour (4) & The Granary(4) @ Grove Farm are situated in a beautiful secluded rural setting within 6 miles of the Suffolk Heritage coast. Furnished and decorated to the highest standards these stylish properties offer comfortable holiday accommodation for 2 to 29 guests, making it ideal for a romantic getaway , a family holiday or a larger group booking.
About the Owner
To enquire about dates please email or call. We offer short breaks and week bookings throughout the year.
Changeover days are Fridays and Mondays.
Activity and Interests
Southwold - a ten minute drive from Grove Farm. Sand and pebble beach with the famous beach huts and pier. Lovely old town well worth a visit just to walk along the sea front.
Walberswick - Our favourite, a ten minute drive and short walk across rabbit mown fields and sand dunes to a lovely sandy beach. Kids can have fun catching crabs on the bridge by the car park ( a piece of string with a weight and piece of bacon tied to it).
Grove Farm is in the heart of the Suffolk Countryside if you want to explore the area a car would be ideal.
However for family celebrations over a weekend Grove Farm is 2 miles from the nearest station - Darsham which has regular trains going to London (Liverpool Street station) which takes about 2/2.5hours.
Bramfield which is the nearest village and is home the local shop and pub (The Queens Head) is a 2 minute drive of 15/20 minute walk.
Grove Farm is situated 3.5 miles from the attractive Suffolk market town of Halesworth with its large Co-operative supermarket and good selection of shops.
Southwold is about a 10/15 minute drive and Aldeburgh is about 25 minute by car.
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All units have free wifi, and either free-sat or Freeview TV's, with DVD players, CD players. All linen is included, as well as fuel for the wood burning stoves in the Farmhouse and Milking Parlour. All properties are non smoking. Sorry but we do not allow any pets at Grove Farm. Outside: Each property has its own garden and patio area complete with table and chairs, we also have BBQ's that guests are welcome to use. All three properties back on to a large lawn area ideal for games. There is also an orchard and fenced off ponds on site. The property is surrounded by farmland so it’s ideal for a quiet and relaxing break. The Farmhouse has exclusive use of the games room which is located off the main courtyard in a separate building. It houses table tennis and pool tables. Beautiful restored farm buildings in the heart of the Suffolk countryside