4 amazing buildings sleeping up to 29 in14 bedrooms - Peaceful rural Location, 10 Minute Drive To The Suffolk Heritage Coast
The Farmhouse (13), Alfred's Barn (8), The Milking Parlour (4) & The Granary(4) @ Grove Farm are situated in a beautiful secluded rural setting within 6 miles of the Suffolk Heritage coast. Furnished and decorated to the highest standards these stylish properties offer comfortable holiday accommodation for 2 to 29 guests, making it ideal for a romantic getaway , a family holiday or a larger group booking.
Details for holiday farmhouse The Farmhouse Sleeps up to 13 in 6 bedrooms, 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13, 2 Bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
This beautiful house restored to a high standard provides a relaxing and comfortable holiday home with plenty of space.
On the ground floor (with its underfloor heating throughout) are two spacious sitting rooms, a large entrance hall, large kitchen with dining area and a bathroom with a shower. On the upper floors the 6 bedrooms (3 doubles, 2 twin rooms and a room with 3 singles), 2nd bathroom and separate WC will accommodate a maximum of 13 people.
The kitchen opens onto a wonderful south facing stone terrace with views over the herb garden to the duck pond and apple orchard beyond (perfect for those al fresco meals!).
To the front of the house is the west facing sunken garden with its magnificent beech tree to sit under and watch the sun go down.
Or you can relax with a game of pool, table tennis or table football in the games room, a converted stable with west facing glass doors along its full length to catch those magnificent Suffolk sunsets.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We had the most beautiful weekend. What a gorgeous house and gardens' - Clare, Northumberland
'An amazing weekend. The house was the perfect backdrop to what was the most warm, happy hilarious few days. Thank you for a lovely stay in your beautiful house' - Amy's Hens.
'Fabulous as ever' - McGlone Family
Activity and Interests
Southwold - a ten minute drive from Grove Farm. Sand and pebble beach with the famous beach huts and pier. Lovely old town well worth a visit just to walk along the sea front.
Walberswick - Our favourite, a ten minute drive and short walk across rabbit mown fields and sand dunes to a lovely sandy beach. Kids can have fun catching crabs on the bridge by the car park ( a piece of string with a weight and piece of bacon tied to it).
Grove Farm is in the heart of the Suffolk Countryside if you want to explore the area a car would be ideal.
However for family celebrations over a weekend Grove Farm is 2 miles from the nearest station - Darsham which has regular trains going to London (Liverpool Street station) which takes about 2/2.5hours.
Bramfield which is the nearest village and is home the local shop and pub (The Queens Head) is a 2 minute drive of 15/20 minute walk.
Grove Farm is situated 3.5 miles from the attractive Suffolk market town of Halesworth with its large Co-operative supermarket and good selection of shops.
Southwold is about a 10/15 minute drive and Aldeburgh is about 25 minute by car.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
To enquire about dates please email or call. We offer short breaks (excluding school holidays) and week bookings throughout the year.
To confirm a booking we require a 35% deposit & and a signed booking confirmation form, the final balance and refundable cautionary deposit will be due 35 days before the booking starts.
More details of our booking conditions can be found on our website.
Changeover days are Fridays and Mondays.
Notes on prices:
We offer short breaks (3 nights) and week bookings. However if you want to stay for a longer periods please contact us directly.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Video Library
- children welcome
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Twin Antique French ‘Lit bateau’ beds (3’6″ x 6′)
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 3 Single Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All units have free wifi, and either free-sat or Freeview TV's, with DVD players, CD players. All linen is included, as well as fuel for the wood burning stoves in the Farmhouse and Milking Parlour. All properties are non smoking. Sorry but we do not allow any pets at Grove Farm. Outside: Each property has its own garden and patio area complete with table and chairs, we also have BBQ's that guests are welcome to use. All three properties back on to a large lawn area ideal for games. There is also an orchard and fenced off ponds on site. The property is surrounded by farmland so it’s ideal for a quiet and relaxing break. The Farmhouse has exclusive use of the games room which is located off the main courtyard in a separate building. It houses table tennis and pool tables. Beautiful restored farm buildings in the heart of the Suffolk countryside