House in Zambrone, Calabria, Southern Italy - Peaceful, Unspoilt and Beautiful for the Perfect "Get Away From It All" Holiday
Lily Rosa is a beautiful 2 bedroom house with breathtaking views of the Tyrrhenian Sea and the iconic island of Stromboli. The village of Zambrone is an easy 20 minute stroll, and here you can enjoy the weekly market and the quiet hospitality of the local bars, pizzeria, shops and cafés. Tropea, the jewel of Calabria, is 15 minutes away by car or local train, and provides culture, night-life, shopping, fine cuisine, beaches and a wealth of history to explore. The elegantly furnished accommodation on two floors sleeps 4 adults and briefly comprises 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen/diner, two balconies, a sun terrace, private gardens and car parking. For quiet "get away from it all" holidays you can enjoy the simple life of walking and relaxing in the local area, collecting everything you need from the local shops and market. To explore further afield, a car is recommended.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live in Staffordshire, England, with our two teenage daughters.
We purchased our holiday home, Lily Rosa in 2007 when it was just a few foundation bricks.
We enjoy spending time at Lily Rosa ourselves and started to offer it for rental in 2012.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a brilliant time, Lily Rosa is beautiful both indoors and outdoors and is in a beautiful part of Italy. We have small children and it suited us perfectly." August 2012
"The house had everything we needed as a family, comfortable sofas and beds, beach things, games and DVDs. The kitchen was well-equipped and we enjoyed cooking with the fresh produce that can be bought nearby. It was also well-located to explore this part of Italy. Beautiful sandy beaches were very near, as was the unspoilt Italian village of Zambrone where we could shop and eat. The nearby ancient towns of Tropea and Pizzo were great places to explore. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of the house and the surrounding olive groves. It is a friendly part of Italy and we felt comfortable exploring. The owner and local agents were very thoughtful and responsive. For example, groceries were provided on our arrival on Sunday evening" April 2013
"The ideal base for a relaxing, get-away-from-it-all holiday" Sep 2012
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We had a lovely holiday at Lily Rosa in Zambrone. It was very quiet, with beautiful views of the sea and Stromboli, a short drive to the beach, and within walking distance to the village of Zambrone. The coast is ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Pizzo to the north and Tropea to the south of Zambrone were both interesting and enjoyable to visit. The house was spacious, very well equipped, maintained and clean. The owners provided very useful information about the house and the area. Altogether a super holiday.
Lily Rosa is a very well equipped house with air con in the bedrooms, it is in a great position for sight seeing and has some wonderful views.
The local village has a shop a pizza restaurant and a bar, all very friendly and great value for money.
We had a wonderful holiday here for two weeks and would love to come back.
Peaceful with Spectacular Views and Food
Our stay at LilyRosa was a fantastic and relaxing time. A car is a must. The weather was ideal for September- October (24-28'c) with only the occasional spectacular short thunder storm. We stayed mainly in the local area and used the bar and restaurant and shops in Zambrone and had a couple of trips to Tropea and Pizzo in the evenings. There are a number of fantastic quiet beaches within 10-20 mins drive and the sea is Azzure blue and clear. The house is very comfortable and well specc'd with a lovely garden and patio area for sunbathing and barbecues. The "La Torretta" restaurant at Briatico beach is a lovely high quality family restaurant well worth a trip. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend LilyRosa.
From the Owner
“We love Italy, and this area is particularly beautiful and unspoilt.”
Activity and Interests
The coastline has many beautiful beaches. The closest is Zambrone Mare, about 4 km away. Parking is available directly on the beach front and there are bars and restaurants.
Lamezia Terme Airport is approximately 55 km away. Car hire is readily available at the airport.
Tropea is the most beautiful jewel on the Calabrian coast, and is only 10 minutes drive from Lily Rosa. There are beautiful beaches, a stunning Franciscan monastery, many lively bars, shops and restaurants and historic architecture.
Zambrone, like many of the pretty villages nestling along this coastline, has a grocery store, pharmacy, butchers, fishmongers, and a piazza with a choice of bars, and is an easy 20 minute stroll from Lily Rosa
Many places of interest in Calabria can be reached in under an hour, including the eastern coastline of the Ionian Sea. You can take a boat trip to the Aeolians or visit Stromboli to enjoy the mud spa baths of the volcano. (Boats depart from Tropea or Vibo Marina). There is good snorkelling all along the coast, and Scuba diving at Groticelle and Tropea. It is a very pleasant drive down the coast to Reggio di Calabria where you can visit the famous Riace Bronzes at the museum.
Enjoy the Autumn Jazz Festival at Tropea, and many other festivals in towns and villages throughout the region. You can also visit Sicily, taking the ferry from Villa San Giovanni (departs every 18 to 20 minutes) crossing the famous Straits of Messina. Or drive into the Sila Mountains region to enjoy skiing in winter, or just enjoy the magnificent nature reserve year-round.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Flexible arrival and departure dates available
Short and long-term hire available
Booking conditions will be sent with quotation
Payment by BACS transfer, Cheque or PayPal (including Credit/Debit card via PayPal)
Notes on prices:
INCLUDED IN PRICE
Wi-Fi, all bed linen and bath towels, complimentary welcome grocery pack, meet and greet service at the house, air conditioning and/or heating, use of washing machine, weekly linen change for two weeks or more.
Hire of Beach towels £5 each
Out of hours meet and greet (after 8 pm) £25
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Most of all we enjoy the peace and quiet and the beautiful unspoilt coastline and beaches. We also enjoy the excellent local food and wine, the amazing sunsets and the local hospitality”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- On the ground floor there is a bathroom with shower, bidet, toilet and basin. On the first floor there is a bathroom with shower, bidet, toilet and basin
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a king size bed, the twin bedroom has two single beds. The bedrooms are furnished to a high standard with ample storage space, good quality beds, mattresses and linen - the emphasis is on comfort and cleanliness.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Each of the internal floors is approximately 35 square metres. The sun terrace is also 35 square metres. In addition there are two balconies, patio areas, gardens and parking for one car. This property can be enjoyed without a car as there are excellent train links from Zambrone to the airport and all major attractions, and the local village is an easy walk for daily essentials. However the walk to the station is quite steep and those wishing to explore the area more fully will require a car. Outside: Outside the property there is parking for one vehicle and a large patio area with a washing machine and plenty of space for drying washing. The little gardens provide the perfect spot for a siesta under the olive trees while the aroma of the abundant wild herbs including rosemary, fennel and oregano fill the air. There is a brick-built barbecue and outdoor dining area in the private garden. Utility Room: Guests have free use of the washing machine and there is plenty of drying space around the house Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and bed linen are included in the basic hire charge, As are hand towels and kitchen linen. You will be provided with a change of linen for stays of two weeks or more. Beach towels are available for an additional charge. Other: The accommodation is on three levels. On the ground floor is an entrance hall, bedrooms and a bathroom. Upstairs there is an open plan living area, two balconies, kitchen and bathroom. There is also a rooftop terrace and private gardens with large BBQ