Converted chapel in Lacock, Nr. Corsham / Bath, Wiltshire, England - Peaceful Location, Within Easy Walking Distance Of Famous Local Attractions And Pubs/Restuarants
Large arched windows flood natural light in & offer stunning views across the Lacock rooftops, whist underfloor heating throughout ensure you always feel cozy. Every bedroom features a 22" TV DVD. 2 ground floor bedrooms have large double beds each with en suite shower. The 3rd ground floor bedroom benefits from flexible sleeping comprising bunk bed & double sofa bed. A shared ground floor bathroom comprises whirlpool bath & large shower. The icing on the cake is the loft apartment, including a private reading gallery rising to bedroom and en suite facilities. When it comes to entertaining, the kitchen has all you need to flex your culinary skills. Your creations are served on the antique refectory table flanked by ornate church pews seating at least 12 diners. End your meal using the Nespresso coffee maker with ample supplies provided. Settle down at days end and enjoy the 47" Blu ray home cinema multi speaker sound system. Curl up, light the fire and relax into your country retreat.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful property, wonderful location, friendly and helpful owners. Couldn't ask for moreBeautiful property, wonderful location, friendly and helpful owners. Couldn't ask for more
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful property, wonderful location, friendly and helpful owners. Couldn't ask for more
10 of us (4 adults and 6 children) stayed in the chapel for 3 nights and would highly recommend it. The chapel has been beautifully converted and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. It is in very good condition, well looked after and clean. On our arrival, we were greeted with beautiful flowers and a welcome pack as well as some very useful food staples. Lacock is a fascinating and picturesque village. We loved the abbey and local walks and exploring further afield. Many thanks to Deb and Jim for helping us have a lovely break.
Wonderful converted chapel
We had a wonderful stay here, the location is absolutely beautifful and the village of Lacock is a wonderful place to spend a weekend. The property is fantastic, very stylishly decorated and comfortable. The kitchen is excellent, well stocked and large enough to easily accomadate people making meals for ten. It is very well set up for large groups, there were ten of us and the place was comfortable and accomadating. The place is very tranquil by night and the outdoors balcony is a great place to watch the stars. Feel like there is not much more to say I would definitely stay there again. As for criticisms, basically none, the bath towels are a little bit on the small side but its such a petty thing its barely worth mentioning!
Family stay at the Old Chapel
Fantastically converted chapel, ideal stay for our party of 11 (including 5 children). Ample room for us all including an en suite with every double room! So no fighting for the bathroom! The Chapel is set in a beautiful village that is ideal for walks, including a great park for kids, lovely pubs and local shops. We loved our stay and would happily visit again.
Excellent unique property, in a very nice little village.
We had a great time and our host was fantastic.
I'll be back!
The Old Chapel
Located in the very picturesque village of Lacock, The Old Chapel was very well appointed, spacious bedrooms and bathrooms, with a very interesting split level sitting room, dining room cum kitchen. I would not hesitate to recommend the property for a week or weekend stay. We had a great time there and were eminently comfortable (for a party of 10).
Gran casa para pasar unas felices vacaciones en familia. Muy bien equipada y acogedora.
Hemos estado disfrutando de una semana de vacaciones en una gran casa. Habitaciones amplias, los baños estupendos. El espacio común con la cocina integrada una gran idea y, si vas con niños como nosotros tienes el apartado de arriba con su chimenea para pasar un rato de relax.
La casa está equipada con todo para 10 personas, la dueña incluso nos dejó cosas para el desayuno del primer día ya que íbamos a llegar tarde.
El entorno idílico.
La casa genial para ir con niños.
Activity and Interests
Nearest Airport - Bristol.
30 mins drive to Historic city of Bath
Property within easy walking distance of local shops, restaurants and pubs.
Bath, Devizes, Corsham and Castle Coombe all easily accessible.
Lacock Abbey (a short walk from the property) - Owned by the National Trust - famous for the cloisters used in filming Harry Potter.
Children's play area (opposite the Abbey).
Local arts and crafts.
Photography courses in neighbouring studio.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
23 Dec 2016 - 29 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
30 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Minimum 3 nights stay.
Check in from 4pm. Check out 10 am - Key pick up available for unsociable arrival times.
Flexible changeover days. Check in from 4pm. Check out at 10 am.
Notes on prices:
For prices and booking information, please visit our listing on the holiday lettings website at -http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/chippenham/318464
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- All en-suites have a large shower, private toilet & wash-stand. The family bathroom has large walk-in shower & whirlpool spa bath. All have heated towel rails multi voltage shave points, soaps, shampoos, shower gels & ample towels.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Master Double Suite, galleried reading room with chaise & views, En-suite shower-room. Bedroom 2 - Double Bed, En-suite shower-room. Bedroom 3 - Double Bed, En-suite shower-room. Bedroom 4 - Double Sofa Bed, Bunk Beds (sleeping up to 4)
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The Old Chapel is available as either a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom option. Option 1 provides all the communal areas plus all 4 bedrooms, including the top floor master suite and the front reading gallery. The total capacity of this option is therefore up to a maximum of 10 guests (depending on how you choose to fill the family room). Option 2 provides all the communal areas plus just the 3 downstairs bedrooms, and excludes the top master bedroom and front reading gallery. The total capacity of this option is therefore up to a maximum of 8 guests (again depending on how you choose to fill the family room). The decision on which option to go for largely comes down to the number of guests staying and how they wish to share the rooms, although some guests really enjoy having the benefit of access to the reading gallery and master suite. Please note though that for both options The Old Chapel is exclusively yours, and we absolutely do not rent out the vacant rooms to anyone else. Outside: Private garden to the front of the property, with gravelled seating area & lawn surrounded by old fashioned black rails & original restored iron double gates. It is a very short walk (2 mins) to the local village pubs, shops & boutiques. The village itself is largely owned and maintained by the National Trust & is therefore a stunning example of traditional west country village life. Please note that as is often the case with old chapels & village properties there is no on site parking. However for your convenience we have made local arrangements to ensure that you can park within very close vicinity of the property (2 mins walk). Guests are able to unload in front of the chapel then move their car to the arranged parking location. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels & linen provided. Cleaning carried out weekly or on change-over day. Other: Large dining area with refectory table & pews. All bedrooms (except top) feature ceiling fans. Underfloor controllable heating throughout. Please do visit our website linked at the bottom of this page.