Villa in Tamariu, Costa Brava, Spain - Quiet Location At The End Of A Cul-de-sac In Aigua Gelida
The house is located in a quiet residential area of Aigua Gelida, Tamariu, in a superb position at the end of a cul-de-sac. Privacy and tranquillity are ensured, even in the busy month of August. Featuring a large living/dining area, fully equipped kitchen, 3 double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, 2 twin bedroom and a further bathroom. The garage can fit 2 cars. Outside parking can fit up to 5 cars. Just outside the living room is a dining terrace overlooking the sea and the hills. For entertainment, petanque and Ping-Pong areas. Just minutes away are the beaches of Tamariu and Aiguablava. The area is a golfer's paradise with three 18-hole golf courses within 15 minutes drive and five others, including the PGS course near Girona.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Villa is 1.5km from the beach of Tamariu. 4km to the lovely beach of Aiguablava. Easy access to all the other beaches of Begur area. On the Sa Riera beach, Las Islas Medes offer some of the best snorkelling and diving in Spain (marine conservation area so plenty of wonderful fishes and interesting things to see). The Begur coast enjoys a shoreline of unparalleled beauty, whose cliffs and pines, and crystal waters.
The nearest airports are Girona (40 minutes), Perpignan (90 minutes) or Barcelona (90 minutes), all of which are served by low cost airlines. The same airlines also offer cheap car hire.
Begur 5 min drive, Begur is full of creative boutiques, great restaurants and bars. Palafrugell 5 min drive, Palafrugell offers a daily market (except Monday) and many shops and services. There are dozens of medieval villages in the area which offer great restaurants, boutiques and history. Girona (40min), the capital city is fascinating and beautiful set between two rivers. Explore the ancient Jewish quarter, cathedral and walks.
There is so much to do and to see in the area! Located in the heart of Emporda, the town of Begur and its beaches are one of the most wonderful spots on the Costa Brava. The town boundary takes in the impressive hills of the Begur Massif and an extensive coastline washed by the Mediterranean sea. Begur’s old town, home to numerous monuments left as legacies of significant moments in the town's history, together with its eight coves and small beaches, and the Romanesque centre of the village of Esclanya, make it and its peerless natural surroundings an unbeatable place to visit.
On a cloudy day: Dali theatre museum in Figueres. Sunday trip to Barcelona (traffic less busy), Gaudi architecture is stunning! Beaches nearby: Kayak hiring, snorkelling and swimming, sailing. Las Islas Medes offer some of the best snorkelling and diving in Spain (marine conservation area so plenty of wonderful fishes and interesting things to see). Regular excursions depart from Estartit, 25 minutes drive away. There are numerous local diving clubs and schools that are 10-15 minutes away. These offers courses, local dives along the coast or excursions to Las Islas Medes.
Nearby are numerous facilities for horse riding, quad bike riding, mountain-biking, paint ball, petting zoo. Number of medieval villages inland, fascinating to discover in the evenings. Many of which have wonderful inexpensive local restaurants! The area is well known for its exceptional standard of cooking, both at inexpensive and at the more gourmets restaurants. Also renowned for its local champagne style wine cava. Shopping is a pleasure in this part of Spain...local markets, fresh fish, meat and vegetables, small boutiques, potteries... at reasonable prices!
- Booking Notes:
We ask for a 30% deposit on booking (not refundable) and full balance paid 8 weeks before arrival date. A deposit of 1000 Euros, fully refundable subject for the house being left reasonably and no major breakages.
Change over day is Saturday – alternative days can be booked by special arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the villa per week and are quoted in Euros.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bedroom 1: En-suite bathroom with bath, shower and wc Bedroom 2: En-suite bathroom with shower and wc Bedroom 3: Smaller en-suite bathroom with shower and wc Bathroom 4 with shower and wc Separate wc bathroom
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (en-suite) with double bed / dressing Bedroom 2 (en-suite) with double bed / dressing Bedroom 3 (en-suite) with double bed / dressing Bedroom 4 with 2 twin beds Bedroom 5 with 2 twin beds
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is newly build with a specific focus from the owners on quality and detail. The house and the pool are maintained throughout the year. Outside: Private secured swimming pool (9mx4m). Lounge area on top roof terrace with design outdoor furnitures. Petanque ground. Ping-Pong. Utility Room: Washing machine, fridge, ironing board, iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, beach towels and linen are provided. The house is cleaned for your arrival. For guest staying longer than 1 week, a mid-stay clean will be provided. Other: Terrace has a large table fitting 10 to 12. Welcome pack is included in the price to ensure a smooth arrival.