House in Rudry, Nr. Cardiff, Wales - Set In 3 Acres Of Landscaped Gardens Its A Very Peaceful Location With Many Country Walks Available
The Mill has electrically operated driveway gates, a laurel lined driveway leads to the front of the property providing ample car parking. It seems to have more a modest two storey building at the front whilst the accommodation is in fact arranged over four floors as evidenced by the considerably more substantial rear elevation. Professionally interior designed throughout, the watermill offers traditional character with a luxurious contemporary twist. From the central hall, the accommodation at ground level includes a large sitting room which enjoys the striking feature of the mill machinery. Further living accommodation is found on the ground floor with a spacious family dining room. The kitchen and breakfast room is extensively fitted and arranged sociably around a central island. There is lots of space for eating and entertaining. Outside, the leisure wing has a heated swimming pool, gym and changing room. Whilst a large hot tub is available it enables the visitor to see the view.
Top Traveller Review
Chris & Alex
About the Owner
4.8 based on 11 holidaymaker reviews
My family and I stayed at the Watermill for a week in July. We are from New York and was looking for a charming rural country home to relax in and that's exactly what we got! Alex greeted us and gave us a very friendly and informative tour. The house is beautiful and spotlessly clean. Plenty of room for the 7 of us and many bathrooms so no wait time!. Each room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. My kids loved the indoor pool (bring your own armbands and floaties for the little ones as there is no shallow end to the pool) and they loved the hot tub too (a great spot for seeing the horses in the field next to the house:-). Wifi is a little spotty, but that wasn't a problem for us. Our high tech family was in need of some real face time:-). The house is located in a rural area, but the country roads are busy with cars so we were careful when taking walks with the children. There are some great paths off the road for walking that we discovered. Only a few minutes walk to a lovely country pub that served a nice lunch/dinner menu. We had a fantastic week. We would love to come back one day!
Much longed for relaxation
Alex showed us around, I was amazed, it is beautiful and spacious. The grounds are stunning and quiet, exactly what was needed for a relaxed hideaway weekend. Eight of us stayed and there was plenty of room. We would definitely do it again. Thanks Chris and Alex
WOW WOW WOW!!!
We have just spent 5 fabulous nights here to celebrate my husbands Birthday with all of our family and it is spectacular. You are cut off from the outside world a bit as internet and mobile signals are limited but to be honest it's quite nice to get away from it all, and anyway we were far too busy swimming and relaxing in the hot tub. The property is superb and offers a lot of space for entertaining. It is luxuriously finished and it is lovely to see the original mill workings throughout the property.
Try the Moody Sow Farm Shop down the road the meat and produce is first class!
I'm so pleased that we found it, everything was just perfect.
I can't thank you both enough it was FABULOUS!
Chris & Karen Smith
Had a wonderful family break
Stayed for nearly a week at this beautiful property with family. The property was very well maintained, clean and beautifully furnished throughout. The Aga kept us all nice and toasy in the kitchen. Loved the pool and gym equipment (very high-tech!)
Plenty of showers and baths to ensure that there's no waiting for the bathroom even with lots of family staying
One thing I will stress is that if you need to communicate with the outside world as I did for work, then the mobile reception is very poor (1 bar at the top of the house if you hang out the window precariously!) and the internet is on a par with dial up speeds from 1990's at 0.4mb so you won't be streaming any videos here!. It's not something to knock the house for though as it's due to the remote location.
my 30th birthday
8 adults ranging from 20-57, we stayed here for 3 nights, the house is amazing we really enjoyed our stay everything I could of hoped for and more the pictures on here don't do it justice! would love to go and enjoy the house for a week in the summer months and even more Christmas by the cosy open fire!! would definitely recommend staying here!! well worth the money. fabulous. thanks chris and alex x
We stayed at the Watermill, Rudry for October half term. We had an amazing time from start to finish. We were met by Chris and Alex who were very welcoming and showed us around the property.
The property exceeded all expectations. You enter via private electric gates down a long drive way. When you walk in the hall you feel at home. The lounge had a welcoming log fire with plenty of seating ( there were 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 children (5,7,7). On this floor there was a family room with a double and 2 single beds and a lovely large en suite. There is also a pretty double room with a large bathroom opposite. On the top floor there were 2 huge bedrooms with huge dressing rooms and ensuites. The main bedroom had amazing views of the countryside. On the ground floor was a dining room with a massive table ideal for hours of board games. Also on this floor was the kitchen/family room where we spent loads of time. This was a fab room where you could cook, eat and drink lots of wine. Out of the kitchen you accessed the pool and hot tub. Wow! The pool was deep throughout. Great for swimming and diving. Warm and clean. The hot tub was just amazing (added bonus was the airing cupboard full of fluffy towels).
The property is in such a beautiful location. Amazing views every where you looked. A great pub serving good food within walking distance.
We loved it so much we have booked again for next year. Highly recommended.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Lisvane village centre offers a parade of shops, church and public house whilst the well regarded Maenllwyd pub restaurant is very nearby.
The owner of the property is very knowledgeable of sporting events in the area and would be happy to discuss further on request.
The property is based between Bristol and Cardiff airport. They are approx 20 miles each way.
The village of Rudry is a mile away, Rudry castle and many scenic walks are nearby which information can be made available The area also has an envious mountain biking fraternity due to the many scenic parks nearby.
The city of Cardiff is only 5 miles away.
The Maenllydd pub and restaurant has many visitors both far and wide so a visit is recommended. It is only a five minute walk from the property.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
30 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
4 Jan 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
30% deposit required to secure dates (non refundable). Balance due 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. £300 refundable bond due 2 weeks prior to the start of the holiday.
Long term rental would be considered.
Notes on prices:
We have recently increased the number of bedrooms to 5, prices on application.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 en-suite with wc and shower Bedroom 2 en-suite with wc, bath and shower Bedroom 3 en-suite with wc and shower Bedroom 4 adjacent bathroom with wc bath and shower
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with a double bed Bedroom 2 with a double bed Bedroom 3 with two twin beds Bedroom 4 with a double bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Certain dogs allowed. Check-in from 4pm on arrival day and property must be vacated by 10am on the departure day. No smoking policy. Pool towels are provided. Cot bedding is not provided. High chair supplied at no extra cost. (please request cot & high chair on booking). There are four bedrooms in total, the luxurious master bedroom featuring a large fully fitted dressing room and quality contemporary en-suite. The second bedroom also has a dressing room and en-suite whilst the third bedroom has its own en-suite shower room too. The fourth bedroom utilises the main family bathroom.We have recently increased the number of bedrooms to 5, prices on application Outside: Outside the generous kitchen is an extensive balcony which an early breakfast can be enjoyed sitting on outdoor furniture provided. The leisure wing incorporates a heated swimming pool, gymnasium and changing room. Outside the leisure wing is an entertaining area complete with garden furniture and large hot tub. The gardens are ornamentally laid featuring lawnstone terraces. There is a substantial lawn to the front which could be utilised as a pony paddock to include the adjacent stables. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned before and after the visit. If more cleaning is necessary this can be made available at the guests cost. Other: The dining room has a large marble table with ornamental table lamps and beautiful accessories. It can accommodate 8 persons comfortably.