House in Tolpuddle, Nr. Dorchester, Dorset, England - South Facing And Set In Its Own Garden And Grounds
Major part of substantial Dorset manor house set in 100 acre estate, adjoining woodland. excellent sporting facilities including heated swimming pool, hard tennis court, boule area, and indoor games room with table tennis and table top football. Golf, fly fishing and pony facilities all close. Panelled traditional drawing and dining rooms furnished with antiques. Large party room. Bedrooms are large and comfortably furnished. Easily accessible from the main A35 London to Dorchester road. London trains at Moreton station [7 minutes]. Wifi to all rooms.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
17 of my family stayed here this summer and we had a brilliant time.It was like staying at Downton Abbey .Every evening we would play games on the lawn bowls, crochet, rounders and everyone enjoyed the swimming pool.The surrounding area was great for walks with our many dogs.The house is so big you can easily find a quiet spot for yourself ,it was clean and the antique furniture really made it feel grand.we all had a wonderful famy holiday.Thank you.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Trout and fly fishing available at adjoining property contact Richard Slocock. Stabling and manage also available next door from Sally Slocock on the same number
Ringstead beach, 20 minutes driving pebbles with some sand
Weymouth beach 30 minutes driving sand harbour and resort facilities
Kimmeridge beach 35 minutes surfing
Swanage and Studland sandy beaches 40 minutes driving
Car essential. Airports at Southampton 1 hour driving, Bristol 1 1/2 hour driving and Bristol 2 hours driving. Ferries and Poole [30 minutes driving] and Portsmouth[1 1/2 hours driving]
Dorchester 20 minutes driving, Poole 30 minutes driving, Bournemouth 40 minutes driving, Weymouth 30 minutes driving
- Booking Notes:
Booking form from Michael Slocock at Southover House Tolpuddle Dorchester Dorset, contact us through text or email.
25% deposit required to confirm booking.
Final payment 6 weeks before arrival.
Friday or by arrangement
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 ensuite with Bedroom 1 bath basin and wc. Bathroom 2 ensuite with Bedroom 2 bath basin and wc. Bathroom 3 ensuite with Bedroom 3 bath, basin and wc. Bathroom 4 bath/shower over, basin, wc with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds, Bedroom 3 with double bed, Bedroom 4 with twin beds, Bedroom 5 with twin beds, Bedroom 6 with double bed and Bedroom 7 with twin beds [one small]. Cots also available
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The east wing of the house is let on a long term basis and there are cottages and a business on the estate. Outside: 6 acres of gardens with south facing sitting area. Pool area also has outside seating area, barbecue. Private swimming pool is a 32ft x 16ft and heated Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer in bathroom 4 Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels included. cleaning for 4 hours midweek Other: Pool house with tables and chairs for 6/12