Farmhouse in Fanjeaux, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Peaceful, Private Location- On The Outskirts Of A Mediaeval Village With Shops, Restaurants Etc
Sympathetically Renovated Farmhouse with large private swimming pool, conveniently situated on the outskirts of the mediaeval village of Fanjeaux in between Carcassonne and Mirepoix. Carcassonne with it's UNESCO world heritage citadel and Mirepoix with ancient covered timber walkways and well known Monday Market. The Farmhouse is equipped to a high standard. Tastefully furnished with Danish and international design furniture, Oriental rugs, modern paintings and traditional local furniture. The Farmhouse is attached on one side to a working farm but is very private and surrounded by high hedges and a hectare of land. Tour de France will pass by the lane at the end of the property on 22nd July 2013!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks from all my family and friends for helping to make our stay so very pleasant.
We will certainly be recommending others to stay here in the future.
We've had a brilliant holiday and will be sorry to leave tomorrow.
The pool has been brilliant
Activity and Interests
Approx 50 minutes by car to the Mediterranean Beaches.
20 minutes from Carcassonne airport- Ryanair.
50 minutes from Toulouse airport - international flights.
1 hour from Perpignan airport, 1.5 hours from Beziers airport.
2 hours from Gerona airport.
3 hours from Barcelona airport.
10 hours from the Channel Ports.
Fanjeaux Centre 5 minutes by car - lots of small shops, restaurants etc.
10 minutes to a large supermarket.
20 minutes to Mirepoix.
25 minutes to Carcassonne.
50 minutes to Toulouse with it's space centre and Airbus centre as well as great shopping and restaurants.
20 minutes from Castelnaudary on the Canal du Midi with supermarkets, restaurants etc.
Several great restaurants within easy reach.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% non refundable deposit at time of booking.
Balance 8 weeks before arrival - non refundable.
€250 security deposit on arrival.
Bookings of less than a week considered- price on application.
Saturday changeover, flexible.
10am departure, 4pm arrival.
Notes on prices:
A charge will be made for heating outside of peak season.
Logs will be provided for the wood burner in colder months.
Discounts will be offered for under occupancy.
Outside of peak season £700 per week for up to 4 people , £50 per additional person per week.
Long term lets off season- from £750 per month
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 Full Bathroom with separate shower cubicle, WC and Washbasin. 1 Shower Room with WC and Washbasin. 1 Shower Room with Washbasin. Separate WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, 3 with double Beds 1 with twin beds in the Main House and 1 Double Bedroom with Independent Access attached to the side of the Main House.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Sympathetically Restored, Character Farmhouse with Large Kitchen Diner, Utility Room, Large Lounge. 2 Shower Rooms and WCs on Ground Floor. A Staircase on either side of the property leads to the 1st Floor where there are 4 Bedrooms (1 situated on the large landing with office but can be totally private as it has a door and the other bedrooms may be accessed from the other stairway) 3 Double Bedrooms, 1 twin. A full bathroom with Bath, Shower Cubicle, Washbasin and WC. At Ground Floor Level, attached to the Property is a Double Bedroom with independent access. A cot can be provided on request. Outside: Large gardens of 1 hectare with private pool . Covered patio area with table and chairs. Barbecue. 10 sun loungers, covered area with table tennis. Private garden with fruit trees. Utility Room: Washing machine, fridge freezer, tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen provided. Property cleaned on changeover day. Other: Office (forms part of one of the bedrooms) with WIFI, facilities for copy, print and scanning.