Cottage in Marloth Park, Kruger National Park, South Africa - Alegria Is Located In Marloth Park - A Wildlife Reserve With Giraffe, Kudu, Impala, Zebra
Marloth Park is a Wildlife Reserve, with Giraffe, Kudu, Zebra, Wildebeest, Impala and many more beautiful animals. There are no fences in Marloth Park, so the animals can walk freely through the park. The animals are regular visitors to our Garden (as you will see from the photos). The fence to Kruger National Park is just a three minute walk from the Cottage. The Cottage is beautifully furnished, with some unusual (but wonderful) touches. It is more like a cosy, stunning home than a typical Guest House. The Cottage has three big bedrooms downstairs, all with En-Suite Bathrooms and Air Conditioning. Also Downstairs is the lounge opening onto the kitchen and to the large Terrace at the front of the house. Upstairs, we have a TV/DSTV room, with a sofa bed that can sleep two children. At the back of the house we have the Entertainment Area with BBQ, Splash Pool and Boma.
About the Owner
Hi Rob, me and Francesca (10) are the owners of this wonderful cottage. My name is Stephanie and I am a Chartered Accountant (Irish). That is the boring part of our lives! The exciting part of our lives is visiting our 2 houses. Alegria Cottage in Marloth Park, South Africa is our Kruger, wildlife experience, while Villa Kaya Kwanga in the Algarve is our Portugal experience.
Activity and Interests
In 20 minutes you can drive to the Border, and through to Mozambique. This is an adventure!!!!! Beautiful Beaches on the Indian Ocean.......
The Cottage is a 90 minute drive from Kruger International Airport. You can hire a car at the Airport. If you are not keen to drive, we can arrange our Exclusive Package for you. This includes Airport Pick up and transport to the Cottage (with a stop for the shopping!).
Then we will arrange all your Game Drives to Kruger Park and other activities such as Elephant Back Riding, Horse Riding, Bush BBQ, Tiger Fishing, Golf, Shopping, etc.
Of course, the most famous place of interest in Mpumalanga is Kruger National Park. The Crocodile Bridge Entrance to Kruger Park is just a 15 minute drive from the House. There are Maps of Kruger in the Cottage, so please take a Map when you go. There is a Tourist File in the house, with Brochures of all the places of interest to visit in the area.
Marloth Park is both a holiday resort and a game reserve. Houses in the park are built in such a way that they are environmentally friendly and you walk straight from you house into the bush. There are no fences around the individual plots so local animals roam around freely. Hunting within the park is prohibited, so animals are not very shy. Within the Marloth Park area is a separate game reserve called Lionspruit where lions, buffaloes, rhinos and leopards can be seen. Guests to Marloth Park have free access to Lionspruit.
Our Cottage is a three minute walk from the fence to the Kruger National Park. When it is 'Sun Downer' time we normally send a driver to our favourite spot by the fence, with bush chairs, table, cold beer and the famous South African Biltong! We walk from the house to the fence, then walk along the fence, watching the Game in Kruger Park. We meet the car and sit and enjoy a cold beer or refreshment. Form our spot, we have seen elephant (nearly always), rhino, hippo, lion, hyena, and the smaller game too. Always a perfect Sundowner!! In the evenings, back at the Cottage we have our BBQ, normally listening to the Kruger Lions making a big noise (lots of good roaring), and the Hyenas.
we have a Splash Pool in the Entertainment Area to keep you cool in the Summer. There is also a big communal Pool at the Watergaat Restaurant. This restaurant is about 5 minutes drive from the Cottage and serves good food. Phumula Restaurant is also excellent. There are 2 shops in the Park where you can stock up on most of the things you will need.
- Booking Notes:
To Confirm a Booking we normally ask for a 30% deposit. The balance is then due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 is En Suite to Bedroom 1 and has bath, shower, toilet and sink Bathroom 2 is En Suite to Bedroom 2 and has shower, toilet and sink Bathroom 3 is En Suite to Bedroom 3 and has shower, toilet and sink There is also a Guest Toilet
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All Bedrooms have Air Conditioning and En-Suite Bathrooms Bedroom 1 -King Size Bed,sliding doors to the Front Terrace Bedroom 2 - King size bed,sliding doors opening onto the Back Terrace Bedroom 3 - Two Single Beds and sliding door to Front Terrace
- Golf ...
- Outside: There is a splash pool outside to keep you cool There are huge terraces at the front of the house and the back of the house. The upstairs loft also has a terrace. The downstairs terraces are superb entertainment areas and both have tables and chairs for 8 people. The back of the house has a BBQ unit and is ideal for cooking dinner under the Kruger Sky, listening to the noises of the animals. Sun chairs and Camp Chairs are also available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linens are provided. The Linens are changed weekly Other: Upstairs is the cosy Loft, with Sofa Bed, Sofa, Coffee tables, comfy pillows, TV/Satellite TV and DVD player. There is a useful bookcase with a selection of good books. We also have a Camp Bed for another kid There is a TV and DVD Player in Bedroom 3