Villa Helidona in Episkopi, Heraklion, Crete, Greek Islands, Greece
The name Episkopi dates back to the second Byzantine period on Crete. During this time the bishop seat of the coastal village Hersonissos was moved further inland. Episkopi means bishop seat. Many small Byzantine churches with frescos from the Cretan School of Renaissance (14th/15th century) are found in and around the village. Nearest airport Heraklion - 20 minutes by car to villa. Episkopi lies 18 km to the southeast of Heraklion. Nearest beach Amnissos-Karteros 10 minutes by car from villa. For your food shopping you will find a baker, pastry shop, butcher, supermarkets and green grocer. There is also a barber shop, post office, bank (ATM), chemist/pharmacy, medical centre, card phone, 2 taxis, bus service to/from Heraklion 3x daily, gas/petrol and a police station.
Top Traveller Review
A wonderful holiday at Helidona Villa
About the Owner
4.8 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
A wonderful holiday at Helidona Villa
It is an excellent stay at the Villa Helidona. The villa is very well equipped, spacious, clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the clean swimming pool and the surrounding garden. The owner is very friendly and helpful all the time and makes us feel home. The neighbours are very kind. The village, Episkopi, is well centred near the beach and Heraklion city centre. The nearby shops and local traditional restaurants made our live easy.
Beautiful villa with huge pool
My husband and I recently had a week here. The villa has been beautifully restored and has some amazing art work.
The pool is a real feature being 13m X 6m. We enjoyed swimming and chilling around the pool.
The villa was spotlessly clean and well presented.
Dimitris is a charming host and made us feel welcome from the start. There was a welcome pack with essentials like coffee and bread. He also provided a meal on our first night which was delivered to the villa from a local taverna. The food was delicious.
The villa sleeps 8 with a large master bedroom & a mezzanine floor above the dining room with twin beds. There are an additional double and twin beds accessed via the courtyard.
I would definitely recommend staying here. We had a very relaxing holiday here.
Wonderful Welcoming Villa equipped with everything one would need!
We were 3 couples who very much enjoyed our stay in the Villa. Dimitris's instructions as to how to find the vIlla were very good - my husband and I managed it without sat nav at a very late arrival time. The villa is equipped with everything you could need and is very comfortable and spacious with lots of rooms for everyone to spread out. The pool is just beautiful and several of our party braved the slightly cooler weather we experienced to enjoy a few dips. We cannot say enough as to how welcome we were all made by all the local villagers - we enjoyed our coffees in the local cafes and the men embraced the local bar culture with a lovely invitation by one of the older gentleman - all done in sign language as we had limited Greek and he, no English. Buying our leg of lamb to celebrate the Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday, in one of the village butchers was made easy when someone rushed out to find a young man who could speak English. Dimitris was on hand if we needed him and supplied us with a very nice local meal on our second night which was a welcome treat. We would love to return and idle away the days enjoying the various courtyards, the pool and the spacious rooms.
Vacances de rêve !
Nous avons passé des vacances superbes, en pleine tranquillité ! Il s’agit d’un merveilleux site, idéalement placé, à deux pas d’Héraklion, à deux pas de l’aéroport, à deux pas de belles plages et de toutes les curiosités de l’île ! La Crète est un paradis, où, même au mois d’août on peut se baigner. Et villa Helidona est une merveilleuse villa traditionnelle toute en pierre, parfaitement propre et maintenue, avec un jardin et une piscine qui nous emmènent à des temps lointains de rêve ! On était en pleine intimité et Dimitri, parfaitement discret mais toujours présent chaque fois que nous avions besoin de quelque chose, nous a chaleureusement accueillis et il a tout fait pour que nous ayons des vacances inoubliables !!! Nous y reviendrons Dimitri !!! C’est sûr !!!
What a fantastic holiday in villa Helidona
We stayed in villa Helidona with our children and we had a faboulous time. We were greeted by Dimitris-owner of the property.He provided us with key to the villa and gave us a little tour of the pool area, private garden and villa before being left to settle in.The villa Hellidona itself was lovely, all stylish fittings, beautiful decor, comfortable sofas , fully equipped kitchen ,free wifi,spacious rooms and fantastic terrace with a view of the private pool.We enjoyed en evening at a tavern just a few steps of the village center.A short drive away and you are in Heraklion where we spent one day visiting the Archaeologic museum and the Knossos palace.There is so much more we could say.This was our second visit on Crete and we loved every minute of it. Alena
Beautiful villa for location
We really enjoyed Staying in this villa for our location. We went with our 2 daughters who spent hours in the large swimming pool. It was relaxing, in the middle of an authentik village , thanks so much Dimitris for your hospitality
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach Amnissos-Karteros 10 minutes by car from villa.
Nearest airport Heraklion - 20 minutes by car to villa. Episkopi lies 18 km to the south-east of Heraklion.
For your food shopping you will find a baker, pastry shop, butcher, supermarkets and green grocer.
There is also a barber shop, post office, bank (ATM), chemist/pharmacy, medical centre, card phone, 2 taxis, bus service to/from Heraklion 3x daily, gas/petrol and a police station.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 1 guests; add £20 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Downpayment / Deposit requested. Key pick up with owner. Discount depending on length of stay. Rate depending on the number of persons.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Pool shower - Outdoor Shower
- Two Bathrooms Main House - right next to the Master Bedroom with bathtub/shower, built-in washbasin with large mirror and WC. West Wing - entrance from inner courtyard with shower, built-in washbasin/mirror, WC, and washing machine
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: A large bedroom overlooking the pool/ terrace area. Sleeping Gallery - Main House - A wooden stairs leads up to gallery from the dining room (two lovely twin beds), Two Inter-Connected Bedrooms.
- Notes on accommodation: Secluded Villa Let the atmosphere enchant you. Swim in your very own large private pool. Indulge into the privacy of the home and the pool area. Relax rest and heal during your stay at this truly peaceful holiday home. All the comfort you need you will find right here in this beautiful and spacious luxury villa in Crete. Spend quality time with your family or friends... and share precious memories with your loved ones. Isn't it time you take your well-deserved easygoing holiday in a wonderful luxury villa in Crete.. Villa Helidona is just the right place for a peaceful and relaxing holiday retreat. The villa has been featured in the Travel Section of the following newspapers: Daily Telegraph 2001 - The Times 2001 - Daily Express 2005, 2007 - Sunday Express 2007 Outside: Garden - Orchard Area A few stone steps lead up from the pool area to the garden and orchard. There are different fruit trees; e.g. orange, lemon, pear just to mention a few. You can also pick ripe tomatoes from the small vegetable garden or any ripe fruits on the trees (all organic). From the back of the garden, you overlook the rolling hills of the countryside. On a clear day, you can see as far as the Lasithi mountain range rising up into the sky in a distance. Private Swimming Pool The villa's pool size is 13 m x 6 m. The pool’s depth is 1,35m on the shallow end and 2,20 m on the deep end. One of the largest pools you can find in a private villa holiday rental in Crete. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid Service twice a week New towels and bed linens