Gite in Duras, Lot et Garonne, Aquitaine, France 2km from village - Quiet rural location yet less than a five minute drive from the centre of Duras
Gite or self-contained modernized wing of a lovely old house. Private and set in park-like grounds. Well insulated so very cool inside in summer. High beamed ceilings and ceramic tiled floors, quality furnishings.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are an American/British couple who live in Oxford city centre, but love France and the French way of life. We spend as much time at our home in France as we can; however I am still working for the NHS and can't get away as much as I would like. My CP, Stephen, is a retired NHS property consultant/surveyor. Our dream is to be able to afford to retire to France (both of us) someday. Stephen can be in France much more often than I can, so he will be the on-site manager when we have guests. We love our little bit of ''heaven on Earth'' and hope that our guests will also.
2 holidaymaker reviews
my mother and i had the most wonderful 4 days at this lovely gite, the host was fantastic and treated us like one of the family . the gite had some lovely furniture and the beds were very comfortable . the garden was beautiful , just the spot to enjoy a glass of french wine. the town of duras with its restaurants bars and chateau is just a stones throw away. the gite is very good value , highly recommend it,
Ideal for exploring the region
This was so much better than the photos suggest. The host is very friendly and helpful and the gite is set in a large garden with sunny patio surrounded by flowers. Inside the rooms are spacious with antique furniture giving it very much a french gite feel.
It is walking distance of Duras which is a pretty town with a market on a Monday and places to eat and drink. We also visited the chocolate factory a short drive away. There are also plenty of vineyards to visit.
This is a ideal place to stay if you want to explore the region.
From the Owner
“We searched most of Western France for nearly 10 years before settling on the Lot-et-Garonne department. We like the mild(ish) winters and the long, hot summers of the area. Our house is rural,but not isolated. We are only 2 km from Duras, on the D668 which is a well-traveled link road from Duras to Miramont de Guyenne. Bergerac airport is approximately 45 minutes away and Bordeaux is just over an hour away by car. The area has many vineyards and fruit orchards.”
Activity and Interests
Duras: 2km/ 1.2mi 5 mins by car. Approximately 30 min by footpath.
Duras has several good restaurants, other shops, banks and a Carrefour store. A garage/petrol station is 5 mins away. Highly reccommended by all previous visitors. Within easy reach od many medieval villages, some fortified, and chateaux.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Preferred changeover day is Saturday.
Notes on prices:
Discounts available on longer term rental periods.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Spacious bathroom with walk-in shower enclosure, toilet, lighted vanity mirror, towel rail and storage unit. John Lewis towels and linens.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, armoire, dressing table, bedside tables and writing desk. Bedroom 2 double bed, armoire, dressing table and bedside tables. Lined period curtains with tie-backs. The bedrooms windows are protected by screens.
- Notes on accommodation: Retaining it's original thick stone walls, all new internal construction and services. Outside: Almost one and a half acres of grounds. Mature trees, hedges and borders. The large patio at the front of the gite is covered by a veranda. A table and chairs are on the patio for relaxing in the shade. Utility Room: Large utility room with washer and an additional fridge/freezer. Cleaning appliances and materials in the laundry room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linens, towels, etc included. Washer available in utility room. Cleaned weekly. Other: Covered veranda on terrace with table and chairs.