House in Provence in the Village of Picasso's Castle - near Aix en Provence - Bouches du Rhone - FRA - 250m2, The House Is Located In A Peaceful Neighbourhood And Is Only 10 Minutes Walk From The Lake
Mas El Jumi is a beautiful sleeping traditional house, typical from Provence. In Vauvenargues village, the property is composed of, the main house,two terraces a garden, ball games pétanque, and a swimming pool, ping pong table. The villa is built on a 4000 square meters land with perfectly kept lawn, old olive trees, lavender, and flowers. The house offers beautiful views on the Saint Victoire mountain and the its cross.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are married and have three children. I manage an events company and my husband a digital dental company. We built this house in 2008
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Everything was top. Great comfort, astonishing views, calm and peaceful. Near enough from Aix (which I particularly love) and yet being able to get back to the welcoming freshness of the pool when the heat got too much.
Jenny, the help, was just amazing.
Stephanie, the owner of the property was very accessible and helpful.
The only problem we had, and that was no fault of the owners, was the inability to get wifi. There was a problem with the cable ...
Thoroughly recommend this property.
We came with our adult children and their respective spouses and had a brilliant Time. The pool was a fantastic bonus with the most beautiful view of the St Victoire mountain.
Tasteful decorated, extremely well equipped for a larger crowd of friends - the perfect Aix get-away! The owners were incredibly friendly and gave us some great tips. I would most definitely go again...and again...and again! Tres tres bon - Merci!
Great location, stylish house and very helpful owners! Definitely recommend it for a relaxing time surrounded by the breathtaking Cezanne hills!
Great summer in Provence
We rented this property from 1 July to about 20 August 2013 for our summer in Provence. The property was everything we hoped for and more. The house is beautiful-new, spacious and well designed and decorated. The kitchen was very functional and easy to use. The main living space was very comfortable, open, and led out to the backyard. The bedrooms were all very spacious and comfortable with most having en suite showers. The master bedroom was lovely-well designed with a large bathroom and plenty of space to store clothes and other items. It also had a lovely balcony on which we could relax day or night.
The outdoor spaces were equally beautiful. The property had a petanque court, lavender and a huge pool. We loved sitting in the back and looking up at Mont Sainte Victoire. It was very safe with a gate and fence all around the property.
The house was well maintained by the two housekeepers and ground/pool keeper while we were there. They were extremely helpful in doing laundry and basic clean up for us.
The location of the house is excellent-about a 10 minute drive from Aix and 5 minutes from the town center of Vauvenargues, a cute town with a few restaurants, food shop and many hiking trails. Although we rented a car, there is a bus that goes right by the house that allows access to Vauvenargues and Aix. It is also a great area to bike so that is an option, and there are many places in Aix to rent bikes.
This was a perfect spot for our family (we have two kids ages 10 and 6) to explore Provence, do lots of hiking, experience the food, culture, sights, smells and flavors of southern France. We highly recommend this property and would rent it again in a heartbeat!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
From the property location, it is easy to organize day trips to visit small Provence villages such as Saint Remy, Eygalières, Lourmarin, ... It is also perfect to hike the Sainte Victoire hill, or cycle in the mountains surrounding the village.
In July, Aix en Provence hosts one the most important lyrics festival in France.
In August, there is the renowned classical piano festival in La Roque d'Anteron.
Cassis, the closest beach from Aix en Provence is 30 kilometers away.
Marseille international airport is 30 minutes away.
Aix en Provence TGV train station is 25 minutes away.
Aix en Provence is 10 kilometers away.
Marseille is 30 kilometers away.
Aix en Provence is a 300.000 habitants city with all types of facilities, movie theatres, restaurants, museum, food and flower markets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£2,531|
Please contact owner.
Rental starts on Saturday at 17.00 and finishes the next Saturday at 11.00
Notes on prices:
3 400 € / 8 persons per week in july and august.
3 600 € / 10 persons per week in july & august
Guarantee caution is 3 000 €.It will be refunded the day of the check out.
50% to confirm reservation.
In cancelation case 30 days before the entire amount will be due.
60 days before 50 % of the deposit will be refund
80 days before 25 % of the deposit will be refund
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- wheelchair accessible ...
- live theatre
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 in the bedroom 1 with bath tube, shower and toilet. Bathroom 2 in the bedroom 2 with shower. Bathroom 3 for bedroom 3, 4 and garden room with bath tube and toilet. Separate toilet under the stairs at the entrance.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms)max 10 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, en-suite bathroom and a private terrace Tv Dvd and safe Bedroom 2 with double bed, en-suite shower, and a private garden. Bedroom 3 with double bed TV dvd Bedroom 4 with 2 twins beds TV Room 5 a sofa 1 person
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa location ensures cool evenings and air conditioning is not needed. Barbecues are not allowed during summer time because of forest fires control. But electric barbecue is allow! Outside: The villa is built on a 4000 square meters land with perfectly kept lawn, old olive trees, lavender, and flowers. There is a private swimming pool 15 meters x 4 meters with sleeping beds.a ping pong table. Guests can enjoy playing petanque, traditional local bowl game, on the dedicated pitch.There is a large wooden terrace with sofa and table perfect for drinks, lunch, or relax. Utility Room: Utility room with washing machine, additional fridge . Iron Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, bed shits, and all needs are covered. Maid service is included 4 days per week, except Sunday and Wednesday. Additional service can be arranged if needed at customer cost. Garden and pool cleaning is also included. Other: There is a wooden 120 square meters terrace with sofa and table perfect for drinks, lunch, or relax. The terrace offers nice views to the marquis mountains.